Users exploiting cheats using a method via PC to unlock PRICELESS trophy

Xel

I identified a few users who've earned Priceless trophy without even doing survival normal which can only be considered cheating. And for some reason, I wasn't able to report them.

tTKecDk.jpg

ZISBbeq.jpg

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, you can't report PS4 or PS Vita games because there is no known method to actually hack trophies on those systems (yet...)

Who knows? It could very well be a glitch with the latest patch as well.

Proof:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4rxjbk/how_to_unlock_survival_mode_colors_quickly_ps4/

Also, not a bug.

3fkhYei.jpg

Edited by Xeliot

So is it a glitch with the game or am I missing something? If it's a glitch or oversight on capcoms part I'd say it is ok.

It's not a glitch in the game. They are editing packets or whatever. Basically using a PC to edit data that is sent to the PS4 version when you fight someone, or something like that. I've not played the game so I don't know, but from a quick look at the video, that's what I saw. I'd say this is much more than taking advantage of an exploit or something in the game, they are actually hacking or whatever you wanna call it. :P

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

It's not a glitch in the game. They are editing packets or whatever. Basically using a PC to edit data that is sent to the PS4 version when you fight someone, or something like that. I've not played the game so I don't know, but from a quick look at the video, that's what I saw. I'd say this is much more than taking advantage of an exploit or something in the game, they are actually hacking or whatever you wanna call it. :P

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up.

interesting that this works at all... 

but using an external tool (charles proxy in this case, as it seems) to basically unlock trophies... yeah, that's cheating. 

unfortunately it's hard to really prove it without a doubt and we can't report ps4 games anyway :(

• Like 1

Wow, that's smart.

Back in the days I would just use a Gameshark.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

hacking, modding, same thing

It's hacking, there was someone I wanted to report. He posted how he hacked the trophy over on PST.org. Using a PC software or proxy or whatever it is called is still hacking as you didn't earn it legit. I see some other people who have like 15 trophies and have the 1 million fight money. Clearly they all did the hacking too. Yet, it seems like I cannot report them.  

• Like 2

Yet, it seems like I cannot report them.  

PSV and PS4 games are not reportable.

And while it's ugly, it is exploiting feature of the game. It's not hacking per-se.

It's similar to using some glitch to get some other trophy easily. For example, using Orb glitch in Jak and Dexter games or switching difficulties in Uncharted 4 to get the shooting accuracy trophy.

It's not a implemented feature like cross-save in Sound Shapes for example but it's still pretty much legitimate.

I would call it cheating but thats just my opinion, it seems similar to GTA IV case where you could use hacked lobbies to earn some time consuming trophies.

Yes, but there it could be by accident... Like joining a game hosted by someone who does it.

Edited by MMDE

PSV and PS4 games are not reportable.

And while it's ugly, it is exploiting feature of the game. It's not hacking per-se.

It's similar to using some glitch to get some other trophy easily. For example, using Orb glitch in Jak and Dexter games or switching difficulties in Uncharted 4 to get the shooting accuracy trophy.

It's not a implemented feature like cross-save in Sound Shapes for example but it's still pretty much legitimate.

Cheap excuses to get hard shit. Not sure why you support this... maybe you'll take there your benefit as well...?

Reimi and Leo are fully right. It is bullshit that you cant report PS4 and PS Vita Games. All these glitching, Trophy delete and such shouldnt be here tolerated. Trophy Order is still fucked up and obviously doesnt look traditional legit. Just like the fastest achiever on DmC:DE as well.

If I understand correctly, this is modifying data being sent to the game in order to trigger things that wouldn't normally be triggered. I'm fairly certain that's literally hacking. It's far beyond merely abusing a bug or error that is already in the game. And the fact that the actual hacking is only possible on the PC doesn't make it acceptable because the PS4 is directly affected by it. 

Yes, but there it could be by accident... Like joining a game hosted by someone who does it.

I think that'll get you flagged here even if it wasn't your fault. Which is unfortunate for people who really did stumble into it by accident, but the trophies would still be illegitimate.

• Like 2

Not sure why you support this... maybe you'll take there your benefit as well...?

I neither support this nor I plan to play the game, I'm just looking at it from objective point of view.

It is bullshit that you cant report PS4 and PS Vita Games. All these glitching, Trophy delete and such shouldnt be here tolerated. Trophy Order is still fucked up and obviously doesnt look traditional legit. Just like the fastest achiever on DmC:DE as well.

You can suggest it on Feedback forum. If you present valid reasoning, Sly may reconsider it. :)

If I understand correctly, this is modifying data being sent to the game in order to trigger things that wouldn't normally be triggered. I'm fairly certain that's literally hacking. It's far beyond merely abusing a bug or error that is already in the game. And the fact that the actual hacking is only possible on the PC doesn't make it acceptable because the PS4 is directly affected by it. 

You do raise a valid point.

But the modification cannot be done unless there is a bug in the first place. 

Afaik, it started 'working' due to latest patch...

As I said, it's ugly people would go so low to do it, but it's not hacking the trophy in my opinion...

Sly is the only one who can confirm or deny this...

Have no idea what sort of exploit in that game. But you approve of this even though it is clear as day that it's cheating.

If you have a bit brain then you'll see i meant it ironic and also wrote later on my opinion about this. But yeah i see your pov as a "super clean legit" player.... your avatar shows it allready xD Also dont act like you dont know what i meant with P4A. You are still butthurt about my recent feed that i acused you as a no life which was as well clearly a joke.

Just to inform people... 

This method was used (ALMOST) for everyone that unlocked Priceless. It involves a Charles Proxy server in which you can modify your online statistics on the server. You can get Priceless trophy, but also League trophies.

Capcom will probably ban these players from the servers (but not in a trophy perspective) , just because they have 1 million and they can buy the colours and the costumes without any effort. Capcom wants you to pay for that, that's why they designed the ultra random survival hard / hell mode.

Edited by er_campanario
  • Like 1