Lower Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon

Sir_JechtSin

Is it me or the difficulty in this dungeon just tripled?? Compared to the previous one. Even some small mobs take out 50% or more of life (Vit 20). Bosses insta-kill me. I am at end-game, doing the last gold trophies, used all Insights (just in case. And I needed that Blood Rock anyway!), strongest phys def armour, +4% all RES and I keep getting my a** served. 

I mean, it isn't impossible but the jump in difficulty seems quite too much to me. I was walking in the central dungeon, just moving my axe and killing all of them. Bosses included.

Edited by Michelasso

Yeah, they jump up in difficulty as you go lower. Once you've reached the point where the enemies are no longer lower level than you, it suddenly feels like Bloodborne again. 

What level are you? IIRC, I was 120 or something like that before I managed to complete the dungeons and get the trophy. If you're any lower, I'd advise you to level up a bit!

But is it going to be even worse than this? I had the three fatties in the upper level and with two heavy shots each I killed them. Now in the lower dungeon the same guys became a nightmare. The undead giant was insta-killing me. The only strategy I could manage to use with profit (with both) has been Hit & Run, which is frankly very boring.

Anyway, I am level 89-90. STR build, some DEX. 35 stamina and 20 VIT. I see I get good Blood Echoes in there so I should manage to level up a bit more. 

Sorry to say but yes, it's going to get worse :/ Lower Pthumeru Chalice is a depth 3 dungeon and it goes down to depth 5, and some of those bosses are downright brutal. Defiled Chalice, which is depth 4, is not particularly fun and in my opinion, a blatant use of false difficulty, which I found to be disappointing to see from From Soft. Like Stricken said, I think it'd be a good idea to level grind for a bit. Deeper chalice dungeon mobs end up giving you quite a bit of echoes though. I was around level 120 too when I beat the final chalice dungeon (at least what was necessary to get the platinum).

Good luck on the hunt! 

Edited by slash

Is that the 50% one? Those bosses are pretty easy generally but when you can only take one hit it's a bit more annoying. I think Amygdala you have to roll closer or something to avoid his slam.

No, it's the 3rd one. Now I am with Rom the most hideous spider and I manage to get 50% plus of its health the first round (which is ok) and then I mess up either with its deadly minions or the arcane shells hitting me even behind a pillar. I hated that boss and its little jerks in the lake and I hate them even more now.

I have seen that with arcane defence (Choir Garb plus the runes) the arcane shells take "only" 70% of my HP. So I may just go for it, hit, escape and in the case heal. What I can't stand is that unlike the D* Souls games I have to grind for blood vials. I always run out of them with the last bosses. Also I never cared much about VIT in D* Souls, in Bloodborne it seems it has been a mistake to keep it low.

Oh well, my surprise was more with the normal mobs anyway. There is an abyss in difficulty with them between the central and lower dungeon. Especially the ghostly mobs with the sac, they went from 1 shot kill in the first dungeon to 4 hits to die (mostly heavy with the axe +10). And they all hit heavily, even the zombish little white guys.

No, it's the 3rd one. Now I am with Rom the most hideous spider and I manage to get 50% plus of its health the first round (which is ok) and then I mess up either with its deadly minions or the arcane shells hitting me even behind a pillar. I hated that boss and its little jerks in the lake and I hate them even more now.

I have seen that with arcane defence (Choir Garb plus the runes) the arcane shells take "only" 70% of my HP. So I may just go for it, hit, escape and in the case heal. What I can't stand is that unlike the D* Souls games I have to grind for blood vials. I always run out of them with the last bosses. Also I never cared much about VIT in D* Souls, in Bloodborne it seems it has been a mistake to keep it low.

Oh well, my surprise was more with the normal mobs anyway. There is an abyss in difficulty with them between the central and lower dungeon. Especially the ghostly mobs with the sac, they went from 1 shot kill in the first dungeon to 4 hits to die (mostly heavy with the axe +10). And they all hit heavily, even the zombish little white guys.

You can just hide behind the pillars in the Chalice level, you can usually poise stun or rush the normal enemies down if you learn their routine. With Rom just hide behind the pillars and kill the little guys, bait them to jump if you don't have a weapon like tonitrus or just walk round the back of them since they are pretty slow. Is the 50% health dungeon already completed for you?

I think I found that the hardest and I had to rerun them all twice since I wanted to do the DLC on NG instead of like NG+2 which was my first characters NG. It's definately a lot harder than the base game, probably because it doesn't scale in NG Cycles

Well, yeah. I managed to make a spider kebab, finally.  xD

I did level up a bit (level 96, now), but I decided to take out the bleeding minions first, at least the first two rounds. Just few remaining on the last shot. I have. got the dynamic about how the arcane rain worked and moved from a pillar to another to tease the little b***** making them moving their a*** . Still that annoying spider was just launching an attack after another, I could hardly find a window to move. But with the arcane defence I managed to survive.

I cleared the loots in Level 4 immediately after. Knowing that they can get even harder I took more care. The fatty protecting the treasure was a beast, though. I think it took at least 8 or 9 shots to bring it down. But it was stuck at the door, so..

Also I checked about grinding and I've find out a nice way to get good blood echoes and some blood vials. The area in Mergo's Loft with the three large boars. Just run and let the katana guys do the job for you!! 50-60K per round. It's also a nice challenge for a change (yup, i did get smashed a couple of times running). I love that place now!  :D

Edited by Michelasso