Batman: Telltale Games launches digital August 2nd, "retail" September 13th (US) / 16th (EU)

crimsonidol38

UAM9Njl.jpg

BATMAN – The Telltale Series will be making its worldwide debut as a digital download with its first episode in August on consoles, PC/Mac, and iOS or Android based devices. The series will be available to purchase at retailers starting September 13th in North America as a special Season Pass Disc, which will include the first of five episodes in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates. The series will then be available to purchase at retailers across Europe on September 16th.

When exactly in August will the game premiere digitally? Stay tuned for next week, when the world premiere trailer debuts alongside the digital release date!
For those heading to San Diego Comic Con next week, we have an extra surprise. On the night of Saturday, July 23rd, you can be among the VERY FIRST to experience the premiere episode of BATMAN - The Telltale Series at a special crowd play event on the big screen ahead of public launch! Join Troy Baker (voice of Bruce Wayne) and host Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) along with some of the Telltale team for an evening full of fun, excitement, and perhaps even some giveaways as the crowd will be encouraged to shout and direct the choices on-screen.
To register for the crowd play event, email [email protected] for further information.
We're excited for the upcoming premiere, and excited for you to get your first look at the trailer next week!

Source: https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/107541/batman-the-telltale-series-gets-retail-release-date-sneak-preview-crowd-play-during-sdcc

EDIT:
The first episode of Batman: The Telltale Series, titled “Episode 1: Realm of Shadows,” will launch digitally worldwide on August 2 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android, Telltale Games announced.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/07/batman-telltale-series-episode-1-launches-august-2-world-premiere-trailer

Trailer:

-------------------------------------

So simliar to Minecraft: Story Mode the disc will only contain the first episode. Why this waste? :| Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

Nice, sounds cool. I still havent gotten around to playing the game of thrones one or the borderlands one, but i love the telltale walking dead games.

As for the waste of the physical copy... Idk. I prefer physical copies for my games so maybe they are aiming for my demographic but i would much prefer the whole game be on the disc.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Not going to fall with buying their games after how annoying it was dealing with frame rate issues of other games by Telltale where I don't believe that this game will improve those issues in all consoles.

This is supposedly on a new engine so hopefully they fixed all those annoying issues

• Like 2

They're silky smooth on PS4.

That doesn't make fair to make them smooth on ps3 or on other consoles. -_-

This is supposedly on a new engine so hopefully they fixed all those annoying issues

Same but I would just wait and not bother on looking for this game until it's true. Screw Telltale for right now.

What a way to troll people by releasing only 1 episode on the disc. Seems to me TellTale could've saved some money and do a retail release after all episodes were finished.

Eh, I'll wait for a badass sale. It will be a great game, but I don't feel like waiting for months in between episodes.

Me too, I never play episodic games until all episodes are available.

• Like 1

Before I actually get the disk, I can somewhat guarantee that they will pull the same shit that they did with the Minecraft TellTale version, where they released the first 5 episodes, and then a few months later they will release more dlc that we will never get to see.

Like stitchesnscars  said, I will see you in 2018.

Edited by GarciaFever

Before I actually get the disk, I can somewhat guarantee that they will pull the same shit that they did with the Minecraft TellTale version, where they released the first 5 episodes, and then a few months later they will release more dlc that we will never get to see.

Well... yea? :D

as a special Season Pass Disc, which will include the first of five episodes in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates.

I like the Telltale titles but they are dicks when it comes to sales. When you put a season pass on sale before even releasing the second episode, you lose me as a day one buyer. I'll wait for one of those sales, August is filled with No Man's Sky for me anyway.

I saw they finally upgraded their programming engine with Batman, by the way. About time.

Edited by BillyHorrible

So... 

GoT didn't have the whole season on disc,

Minecraft didn't have the whole season on disc, then had an additional pass you needed to buy anyway on top of the disc, 

and now Batman won't have the whole thing on disc.

Well, the main reason one would wait to buy it on disc, presumably, would be to have the whole thing on disc, by taking that away, you're taking away what is literally the main reason I'd buy it on disc. And no, this doesn't make me want to go digital, in fact, it makes me want to buy it, use the code, then return it like the prick I am and get the whole season for nothing since episode 1 always ends up free anyway.

Which brings up another point, you guys are being total ♥s to the preowned market, buy the new Telltale game new for 60, or buy it preowned for 55 or some jacked up price, and only end up getting episode one anyway? Real fucking nice.

Borderlands came out a bit later and had the lot on disc. That's how it used to be, that's how it should be, and the fact you could even try anything else is fucking retarded. Buying the disc is really useless, you may as well just give people a PDF of the cover with purchase of the season pass because you're getting a the season pass and a useless disc and a cover, that's it.

• Like 1