Trophy thoughts

ShadowStar83x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Cooking 101,it appears to be glitched.

I've just acquired all of the ingredients and beaten the game twice more, and it hasn't unlocked.

Same here.

I made all mix with ingredients and got the trophy, but this one seems to be glitched, i did not get it.

For me the hardest trophy is to get all constellation, like the master chief... we have to make the right mixes with reputation to unlock...so sad, i think it's glitched too.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Way after the fact, I know, but I don't think that any of these trophies are "glitched", per se. I think the problem is design flaw:

Cooking/Ingredient trophies: pretty annoying. From what I can tell, when you pick up an ingredient, it is saved into your game immediately. However, the game only saves the fact that you picked up the ingredient once you complete it. Thus, let's say you talk to someone and get the "spices" ingredient. The game will immediately save the fact that you have "spices" in your inventory. However, if you quit without saving, or fail to complete that playthrough, the game won't remember that you actually picked up spices, even though it's in your inventory. You'll need to go back, get the "spices" ingredient again, even though it's in your inventory, for it to register. This actually happened for two ingredients for me. Cooking is the same, in the sense that you won't get credit for recipes cooked until you finish your current playthrough.

Constellations: VERY annoying. In fact, if you only play a single player game, you would probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting this trophy. It's a horrible design flaw in a game that was supposed to be a personality tester. Unfortunately, I have to teach now, but I'll come back and explain later (because I know everyone is waiting on the edge of their seats)...

...so, I'm back. The thing about the constellation trophy is that, if you meet the requirements to unlock multiple constellations, you can get any those constellations. Moreover, the constellation which has less requirement is more likely to come up.

Here's an easy example: in order to unlock "The Shadow" constellation, you will need to have the traits of Seductive and Cunning. To unlock "The Rose", you only need Seductive, and to unlock "The Fox", you only need Cunning. However, if you have both of the traits simultaneously, you can still get "The Rose" or "The Fox" Further, you are actually more likely to get either "The Rose" or "The Fox" (and the percentages seem pretty nasty).

You can force yourself to get a particularly constellation, but not in a one-player game.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I need to fill the celestian map for earn the trophy. I've to earn these 8 constellations and I get a few hours ago these 3 traits (vengeful, brave and proud) but I didn't earn 'The diving hawk constellation'.x8EF00Z.png

ppHzKYK.jpg

What should I do? Throw PS4 out the window or burn it? I'm really tired... Only left this trophy and groupie one...

Edited by Usagi-Tsukino-91

Are you playing with multiple controllers/multiple players? If not, it's almost impossible to fill out the constellations. I explained this above. Also, the guide is wrong there, if memory serves. There is no constellation that requires three separate traits (if there were, this trophy would indeed be nigh impossible).

By the way, for the groupie one, the description in the guide you reference is wrong (or, at least, is waaaaay harder than what you need to do). I got this by talking to the boy, and having him visit the campsite one day to tell stories.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/15/2019 at 11:30 AM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Is it possible for one person to play with two controllers to earn the constellations trophy, or would that be unreasonably difficult?

On 5/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

the info would be really interesting. :)

On 6/2/2019 at 7:33 PM, NaseemJohn said:

How long/hard is the platinum? Picked it up on sale but there’s not much info out there about it. 

I should have answered this some time ago, but just missed it.

All the trophies can be obtained with one player. Honestly, you could do it with one controller, but the re-assignments would probably drive you insane. I did it with two, but I would recommend three; you'll have to play through the game many times playing as three characters, so it saves trouble.

The plat itself is not that hard, as crazy at that sounds given the percentage. But it is VERY annoying. I had considered writing a trophy guide, but it's hard to put the info down clearly. I will try to answer questions, though, if anyone asks.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2018 at 4:52 PM, Suzuha__Amane_ said:

I need to fill the celestian map for earn the trophy. I've to earn these 8 constellations and I get a few hours ago these 3 traits (vengeful, brave and proud) but I didn't earn 'The diving hawk constellation'.

What should I do? Throw PS4 out the window or burn it? I'm really tired... Only left this trophy and groupie one...

I see that you got the trophy almost one year ago, did playing with three characters worked? I wanted to follow your image showing the traits to try myself as well.

Edited by IoannesCarolus
Images take too much space, not required to quote.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 0:35 PM, starcrunch061 said:

All the trophies can be obtained with one player. Honestly, you could do it with one controller, but the re-assignments would probably drive you insane. I did it with two, but I would recommend three; you'll have to play through the game many times playing as three characters, so it saves trouble.

The plat itself is not that hard, as crazy at that sounds given the percentage. But it is VERY annoying. I had considered writing a trophy guide, but it's hard to put the info down clearly. I will try to answer questions, though, if anyone asks.

Considering EU has the plat at Nov 2020, and NA is 2019, I'd say it's plenty difficult. But why though?

9 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Considering EU has the plat at Nov 2020, and NA is 2019, I'd say it's plenty difficult. But why though?

I'm telling you - it's not difficult. I have one of those plats myself. I considered writing a guide, but there is a lot of variation in playthroughs, and it's hard to pinpoint exactly what needs to be done at any single time. It's better to use the (myriad) steam guides out there, and ask questions.

The main thing is to get the constellations, which really requires multiple "players". You can easily do this with a single player, but it's very annoying with a single controller. If you try to get it with one player, however, it's almost impossible, because of the strange randomness of the constellations.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

I understand that the trophies are more annoying than difficult, but is the game itself fun to play? I can tolerate an annoying list, as long as the game itself is enjoyable.

Late to answer, but…kind of? I found it interesting enough to play and plat. Games are short, and events are kind of interesting. But it’s not for everyone.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 22/7/2021 at 2:19 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Late to answer, but…kind of? I found it interesting enough to play and plat. Games are short, and events are kind of interesting. But it’s not for everyone.

Are there any multiplayers/online trophies or everything can be done by yourself? Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Are there any multiplayers/online trophies or everything can be done by yourself? Thanks in advance.

No online (I don’t think), but LOTS of multiplayer trophies.

Well, more precisely, you’ll play lots of multiplayer to find all the constellations. It’s absurd RNG otherwise.

You can do them all with one player, though (but as I said earlier, you’ll want more controllers to preserve your sanity).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 24/01/2018 at 7:05 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Constellations: VERY annoying. In fact, if you only play a single player game, you would probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting this trophy. It's a horrible design flaw in a game that was supposed to be a personality tester. Unfortunately, I have to teach now, but I'll come back and explain later (because I know everyone is waiting on the edge of their seats)...

...so, I'm back. The thing about the constellation trophy is that, if you meet the requirements to unlock multiple constellations, you can get any those constellations. Moreover, the constellation which has less requirement is more likely to come up.

Here's an easy example: in order to unlock "The Shadow" constellation, you will need to have the traits of Seductive and Cunning. To unlock "The Rose", you only need Seductive, and to unlock "The Fox", you only need Cunning. However, if you have both of the traits simultaneously, you can still get "The Rose" or "The Fox" Further, you are actually more likely to get either "The Rose" or "The Fox" (and the percentages seem pretty nasty).

You can force yourself to get a particularly constellation, but not in a one-player game.

On 25/07/2019 at 6:35 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Hi StarCrunch, I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your posts on this thread, they were incredibly helpful.

I just wanted to add that everything you wrote here is still the case (it seems this game has had updates and people are unsure what has changed, if anything). Certainly nothing has changed on the PS4 version; sadly we got half the game compared to what PC players did, it seems.

Playing with four people (I actually did some coop with three friends on Friday - cost me two takeaway pizzas and a load of beers but we had a good time and I managed to get a load of the constellations in the process!) would be optimal. On my clean up I did it with three controllers solo, although maybe four controllers would have been better. 

You can speed your way through the cooking/constellation clean up - just allow yourself to be killed. The Steam constellation guide says to do this on every zone - that includes the starting one or you might get half a trait for killing or for being a pacifist (you can use this to your advantage as well though).

Here's a weird one for you. Just for a laugh I did a quick speedrun with two controllers. I got absolutely no traits for either player. At the end, Player One got The Rose as expected. Player Two got The Great Stag. Huh?

On 02/04/2018 at 4:52 PM, Suzuha__Amane_ said:

I need to fill the celestian map for earn the trophy. I've to earn these 8 constellations and I get a few hours ago these 3 traits (vengeful, brave and proud) but I didn't earn 'The diving hawk constellation'.x8EF00Z.png

ppHzKYK.jpg

If anyone else wants to know the answer to this (I see you have the Plat now, well done ?) then this comment on the Steam forum for the game was also very helpful (not just for this constellation but in general):

Yes, that did the trick :)
Exactly as thought, 3 heroes all being Brave and Vengeful, the first one triggered "The Blade", the second one triggered "The Dragon" and the third one triggered "The Diving Hawk". Yay!
Thanks for the suggestion, 'Shadop! And shame on me for not thinking of it myself.

Still, I think it would be nice if these constellations were a little more reliable to get in solo play. It's already so easy to get "The Blade" and "The Dragon" if you're trying to get them on purpose (100% chance if you simply only go for Brave or Vengeful, respectively) so it would be great if the game would prioritize on giving the rarer, double-trait required constellations if you have both of the required traits for them.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/320040/discussions/0/357284131782027004/?ctp=3#c358417008725041044

On 04/04/2018 at 2:49 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Also, the guide is wrong there, if memory serves. There is no constellation that requires three separate traits (if there were, this trophy would indeed be nigh impossible).

I can confirm, in addition to the comment from the Steam forum, above, that this is correct. Thank you again for saving my sanity by alerting me to this!

As far as I know, everything is right in that guide except for the ones where the author claims you need three traits.

Those would be:

- Diving Hawk - Brave and Vengeful.

- Tree of Life - I have no idea as I got that one randomly without trying but would assume it is Patient and Compassionate.

- Two Sided Mask is Wise and Foolish.

- Tornado - I think one of my friends got this so have no idea, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Seductive and Vengeful (I don't think tornadoes are renowned for being "patient" ?).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=677459686 - Constellation Guide

This guide for all the traits and conversation outcomes is amazing however: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=648432595

On 04/04/2018 at 2:49 PM, starcrunch061 said:

By the way, for the groupie one, the description in the guide you reference is wrong (or, at least, is waaaaay harder than what you need to do). I got this by talking to the boy, and having him visit the campsite one day to tell stories.

I managed to get that random event, said I could fight with two hands behind my back and managed to beat the (standard) boss. No trophy.

There's a great mini-guide just for this trophy here, which expands on what you wrote:

https://gameplay.tips/guides/5411-moon-hunters.html

Everything else is a piece of cake more or less but there are a couple of trophies I don't understand.

For Loremaster, the guides say that you just have to complete the game with each character, but I did that on my first six playthroughs and didn't get it, so I have no idea what you need to do for it. It just popped randomly for no apparent reason. Same for The Issarian Cycle, I had all the characters as constellations and didn't get it. It seemed to finally pop when I swapped one character for another for a constellation I already had.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Man - it’s been a long time since I thought of this one. Glad my ramblings helped.

Did you enjoy the game?

Yes, always amusing when someone quotes a post you made some time ago. Your "ramblings" were no such thing, you did a brilliant job of explaining everything.

I have to admit I enjoyed the game quite a lot. Coop with friends was pretty good fun, and I liked the puzzle elements of getting the right traits for the few I had remaining come clean up time. Not having a "do this then that" trophy/achievement guide was also pretty refreshing. The music was great and I liked the art style a lot.

I actually bought the EU version this week as it was on sale for peanuts, so I'll definitely play the game again at some point in future. 

For a procedurally generated roguelite game, they couldn't have made it much more forgiving - save scumming, ability to quickly see if the map you are on has what you want, impossible to "die" or fail except for the last boss fight...pretty easy stuff in general.

Really the only downside is the lack of at least a peer-to-peer multiplayer. I guess you could use Share Play - only the host/Player One can earn trophies whatever happens (I checked my other accounts I was using the extra controllers with and not only did none of them earn any trophies, there is no record of them even ever playing the game in the trophy lists). In lieu of a proper multiplayer, they should really have tweaked the constellation drop rates to be less ridiculous for people playing with one controller. 

Thank you again and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2023 at 6:30 PM, baboon_overlord said:

For Loremaster, the guides say that you just have to complete the game with each character, but I did that on my first six playthroughs and didn't get it, so I have no idea what you need to do for it.

I was wondering why Loremaster wasn't unlocking for me, so I googled it and, according to this forum post, it requires you to interact with the goddess statue in each village. I did that and it popped at the end of the playthrough. I'd finished the game with this character many times before (and at least twice with each of the other characters), so the guides are wrong about this one.

I've been trying to get the two-trait constellations by playing with three controllers, but I'm running into issues trying to make sure every character ends up with the same traits. How can I avoid random events when camping at the end of each day? Cooking seems to be the only activity that's guaranteed not to trigger them, but I can't have all three characters cook at the same time. Do I just need to keep trying until I get lucky or is there some other way of avoiding these events?