Original Dead Rising coming to PS4!

VeldinX

So this game has a time limit like in the second one? That's what turned me off on DR2. Although I never played it, I just don't like the idea of being timed. That's why I never got into Pikmin. I might try it anyway because I've never played Deadrising.

Don't forget last remnant! I could dream for blue dragon and lost odyssey too right? :S

I would dream about those too but if I remember right Hironobu Sakaguchi had an argument with Square Enix leaving them and creating Mistwalker studio which wont do games for PlayStation I think.

Got it recently for my 360 and Christ I don't even think my Xbox can even stay on for 14 hours anymore. Might have to do it on here if I am to do it, and even then the PS4 runs pretty hot most of the time as well. 

Don't forget last remnant! I could dream for blue dragon and lost odyssey too right? :S

I don't think they have the faintest chance in hell of coming to PS4, as Microsoft owns the rights to LO and aren't even doing anything with it themselves. In any case I thoroughly recommend giving it a go if you have a 360 (or hell, even get a 360 for it. They're fairly cheap now). Absolutely fantastic game. 

Got it recently for my 360 and Christ I don't even think my Xbox can even stay on for 14 hours anymore. Might have to do it on here if I am to do it, and even then the PS4 runs pretty hot most of the time as well. 

I don't think they have the faintest chance in hell of coming to PS4, as Microsoft owns the rights to LO and aren't even doing anything with it themselves. In any case I thoroughly recommend giving it a go if you have a 360 (or hell, even get a 360 for it. They're fairly cheap now). Absolutely fantastic game. 

I have those games on the 360, I was originally a 360 owner, but it would be nice if others could play them since microsoft doesn't give a crap about jrpg fans

Look... Don't get so excited. If this is real, and there were no improvements made beyond graphics, it's really not that great. The AI is incredibly stupid and you can get stuck because of it. When you're returning groups of survivors to the safe area, sometimes they'll run into each other. I sat there with 4 survivors, forming a X because they wouldn't move out of each others way. Whenever I tried to shove one out of the way, they'd just return to the same position. It was pathetic.

• Like 1

Nice, I can't wait. PS4 day one ready.

PS4 huh? Well i hope it comes to Xbox One and Steam, too. Also, why not Saints Row 1 as well? All chapters are available almost everywhere except the very first one.

I would imagine so. With SF5 not hitting targets for Capcom's EOFY and Umbrella Corps pretty much dead, I don't think they can afford to leave money on the table.

Huh... I wasn't expecting this. Great news though! Even though I owned a 360, I never actually played this one, so it'll be nice to go back and change that. It would be cool if they added co-op and brought in a few refinements from the sequels, but I guess that's expecting too much.

I suppose this is Capcom's way to make up for Dead Rising 4's timed exclusivity to Xbone and PC. I'm okay with this. I've been wanting to play Frank West's first outing for awhile now. He's covered wars, you know?  :P

Is it so bad to want improvements made to the game? How is that complaining?

i meant to say it like yeah some of the trophies might be annoying blah blah but be happy that this game is finally coming to playstation.

to me is like seeing halo or zelda's trophy lists appear here and instead of saying things like "yay i'm finally going to be able to play it on playstation!" you focus on criticizing the trophy list.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

I'm excited for this! :) never got the chance to play it since I don't own an Xbox, and I'm the type of guy who likes to play games in order so that's why I didn't wanted to play the second one on the PS3 first.

Would love to see the rest of the series make it to the PS4 too, a "Dead Rising Collection" would be amazing, but I don't think that will happen for now.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Well this is a surprise! A PS4 trophy list for the original Dead Rising has appeared on exophase with absolutely no announcement or prior leak.

The game was previously an Xbox 360 exclusive with a Wii remake titled "Chop Till You Drop" released later. This will be the first time the game will grace PlayStation though and most certainly will be a remastered edition. It's an interesting move from Capcom to release this with the timed exclusive Dead Rising 4 due to release on Xbox One later this year. At least PlayStation fans will still be able to get their Dead Rising fix!

Interesting. I bought Dead Rising 2 a few months ago (still haven't played yet), so I may wait for this to come out before starting number 2. If only Left 4 Dead could come to PlayStation. :/

I'm excited for this! :) never got the chance to play it since I don't own an Xbox, and I'm the type of guy who likes to play them in order so that's why I didn't wanted to play the second one on the PS3 first.

Would love to see the rest of the series make it to the PS4 too, a "Dead Rising Collection" would be amazing, but I don't think that will happen for now.

Yeah, excited as well. I have sealed copy of the 2nd one waiting to be played, but this news makes me want to wait further to play in order. :P

• Like 2