Original Dead Rising coming to PS4!

VeldinX

With this game coming to PS4, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record being available on PS3, and Dead Rising 4 coming to PS4 after the timed-exclusivity of the Xbox One version has expired, i can't see them leaving out Dead Rising 3 from PS4. It's such a terrible handling of the franchise, having different games available for different systems. You're really screwing fans of at least 1 or 2 platforms per release, and that's not a good business strategy

Also, this has to be real, since it's trending on Facebook right now

• Like 4

Nice. This was one of my favorite Xbox 360 games. I think this is also my favorite Dead Rising game, even though the other are fun with how you get to combine weapons/items, unlike the first game, in where it's the most "realistic" game compared to the later entries, so might be a tad difficult for me to get used to playing the game again. I hope the game releases this summer. Awesome if it gets a physical edition, but eh, probably gonna be digital only. And yeah, I hope they tweak the AI's system, but if not, eh, I never found them TOO annoying to deal with. There were some specific survivors that were to deal with though, some I found hard to save when they most of the time ended up getting themselves killed, lol And booyah, look forward to using the Mega Buster once again. :lol:

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

That is just for completing Overtime. Completing Overtime unlocks Infinity mode. There were achievements on XBOX for surviving 5 and 7 days in Infinity mode but it seems these have been removed on the PS4 version.

thanks, never got to play this one as i never owned a box.

also as someone stated the 5 and 7 day ones are still there

Oh yeah, the original Dead Rising released ten years ago, on August 8th, 2006, so maybe we'll be getting Dead Rising on August 8th, 2016 maybe? if not, well, it's certainly releasing this year, celebrating its 10th anniversary. Dunno if anyone has noted this already.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

Oh yeah, the original Dead Rising released ten years ago, on August 8th, 2006, so maybe we'll be getting Dead Rising on August 8th, 2016 maybe? if not, well, it's certainly releasing this year, celebrating its 10th anniversary. Dunno if anyone has noted this already.

Oh yeah I did noticed that, perhaps there was a 10-years exclusive agreement with Microsoft so that's why is finally being released on PS almost 10 years after its original release?  :o

Edited by Finozzi1696

Saints Row 1 was released 10 years ago too lol.

Yeah but this is a different game/franchise! I mean since Saints Row 2 that franchise became multiplatform, with each new release already confirmed for PS, meanwhile Dead Rising is still having those weird Microsoft exclusive agreements with nearly all of their games.

We don't even know if we are going to get Dead Rising 3 or not.  :S I mean we should, we are going to get DR1, DR2 is already on PS3 and DR4 is confirmed to be timed exclusive, so I hope we get it at some point.

Edited by Finozzi1696

How the Hell did they get this trophy list?

trophy lists always gets leaked on trophy tracking sites like exophase, psnprofiles, psn trophy leaders, etc. some days or weeks before a game gets released.

the lists come straight from sony's servers, i don't know how the process works though.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Saints Row 1 was released 10 years ago too lol.

Saints Row was meant to be released for PS3 at one stage but development was cancelled and shifted to the sequel. Notice how the cover never said "Only on Xbox 360" on it. ;) Anyway my point is there never was an exclusivity deal on it so it could've come to PlayStation at at any time, but they chose not to.

How the Hell did they get this trophy list?

The developers of this port/remaster submitted the trophies to Sony, they approved them and uploaded them to their servers ready for release. Then trophy tracking websites like this and exophase scan Sony's servers and sync any new trophy lists to their site. Normally it's not so "unbelieved" because the games would be already announced but this was completely out of the blue so for some reason some people doubt its authenticity. Though the bottom line is these have come straight from Sony so they're real.

• Like 2

Saints Row was meant to be released for PS3 at one stage but development was cancelled and shifted to the sequel. Notice how the cover never said "Only on Xbox 360" on it. ;) Anyway my point is there never was an exclusivity deal on it so it could've come to PlayStation at at any time, but they chose not to.

Well... there's always a second chance, no? ;)

consider releasing DR3 and 4 for us as well

but dead rising 4 was already confirmed to be a timed exclusive, 90 days on pc and 1 year on xbox one. so it should coming to ps4 one year after it gets released on xbox one, just like with the rise of the tomb raider timed exclusive agreement.

hope we see dead rising 3 though, i mean we are getting the first one, the second one and its expansion are already available on ps3 and dead rising 4 is a timed exclusive, so the only one left is the third one!

The developers of this port/remaster submitted the trophies to Sony, they approved them and uploaded them to their servers ready for release. Then trophy tracking websites like this and exophase scan Sony's servers and sync any new trophy lists to their site. Normally it's not so "unbelieved" because the games would be already announced but this was completely out of the blue so for some reason some people doubt its authenticity. Though the bottom line is these have come straight from Sony so they're real.

I always wondered how sites like this get access to Sony's servers? is it a manual thing to do or do the trophies appears here automatically after they get uploaded? seems like something that could be illegal, but apparently it isn't giving that sites like this exists since many years and there are many of them around the internet.

Also why do they get leaked on some sites days before they appear on others? like for example some trophy lists appears on Exophase but they don't appear until the next 1 or 2 days on PSNProfiles, same thing vice versa. I mean shouldn't they appear on all sites at the same time? maybe it is a manual thing and depends on every site's admin to bring them here? so many questions  :D

Not only is the original Dead Rising coming to PS4, but so are Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited about this. These games are a blast to play with a friend, and I've found it's increasingly harder to get people to come play a PS3 game with me. This just makes things super convenient. Can't wait!  :)

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-18-looks-like-the-original-dead-rising-is-headed-to-ps4

• Like 1