Original Dead Rising coming to PS4!

VeldinX

but dead rising 4 was already confirmed to be a timed exclusive, 90 days on pc and 1 year on xbox one. so it should coming to ps4 one year after it gets released on xbox one, just like with the rise of the tomb raider timed exclusive agreement.

hope we see dead rising 3 though, i mean we are getting the first one, the second one and its expansion are already available on ps3 and dead rising 4 is a timed exclusive, so the only one left is the third one!

They said it's a temporary exclusive, but they never said it's coming to the PS4, they could just mean they'll release it for the PC, heck, they could even mean the NX, so until they outright say it's coming to the PS4 we can't say we'll get the game.

One question: what is the reason for having to kill 53594 zombies? Does the number have any meaning behind it, or do the developers just like pulling numbers out of their asses? I still haven't platinumed DR2, but eventually I will go back into the game when I clean up my gaming backlog. Once I do, I might just pick up this game upon release.

Edited by GarciaFever

One question: what is the reason for having to kill 53594 zombies? Does the number have any meaning behind it, or do the developers just like pulling numbers out of their asses? I still haven't platinumed DR2, but eventually I will go back into the game when I clean up my gaming backlog. Once I do, I might just pick up this game upon release.

The number is the population of Willamette, the town Dead Rising 1 take place in.

One question: what is the reason for having to kill 53594 zombies? Does the number have any meaning behind it, or do the developers just like pulling numbers out of their asses?

Yeah, as already stated, it's the # population of Willamete, the town that the game takes place in. I honestly didn't know this fact until a couple days ago though. I found out about the specific reference because of this video:

Funnily other games made achievements/trophies referencing to "Zombie Genocider", which is what you mentioned, requiring to kill a total of 53594 zombies in Dead Rising. I think it was Left 4 Dead that made an achievement just like that one, only you had to kill 53594 zombies, only adding 1 more zombie, lol Other games also make similar references via achievements/trophies, so you should give the video a watch if interested.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 2

Well... there's always a second chance, no? ;)

Yes of course, especially with all the ports and remasters we get nowadays! :P

I always wondered how sites like this get access to Sony's servers? is it a manual thing to do or do the trophies appears here automatically after they get uploaded? seems like something that could be illegal, but apparently it isn't giving that sites like this exists since many years and there are many of them around the internet.

Also why do they get leaked on some sites days before they appear on others? like for example some trophy lists appears on Exophase but they don't appear until the next 1 or 2 days on PSNProfiles, same thing vice versa. I mean shouldn't they appear on all sites at the same time? maybe it is a manual thing and depends on every site's admin to bring them here? so many questions :D

Honestly, I don't know exactly about that part of the process. I think Sony opened up to the idea of allowing external websites to track trophies from their server at some point though. I'm sure it wasn't originally doable/allowed. I don't get why sometimes a trophy list pops up here but not on other sites for a day or two and vice versa either. My guess is it must be a manual thing otherwise all new trophy lists would sync to the sites straight away, at the same time.

They said it's a temporary exclusive, but they never said it's coming to the PS4, they could just mean they'll release it for the PC, heck, they could even mean the NX, so until they outright say it's coming to the PS4 we can't say we'll get the game.

It's already confirmed to be coming to PC though, with 90 day exclusivity to the official Windows Store. So that only leaves PS4, or like you said NX, after the year console exclusivity ends and which of those two is more likely? So it may not be absolutely, definitely, 100% totally confirmed but it's highly likely. ;)

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

no, the timed exclusive also included pc, they said it will be a "xbox one and pc timed exclusive, 90 days on pc and 1 year on xbox". and let's be real, will they release it on the most popular and best selling console of this gen, the ps4, or will they release it on a not-yet-released console like the NX were its predecessor, the wii u, didn't sold really well worldwide?

its true that we can't say anything until there's an official announcement, but 99,9% of the chances are that with timed exclusive they mean a ps4 release, also keep in mind that dead rising 1, 2 and off the record are coming to ps4 soon as well.

Recently watched a playthrough of Dead Rising 2 and I was going to order it this week. Sad that the original wasn't on any Sony console because I like to play my games chronologically (Saints Row 1, never forget). Glad that's about to change!

I wonder if Dead Rising 3 will eventually get put on PS4?

I read some comments that said that Capcom is just going to release the first 2 games + Off the Record (and DR4 after the timed exclusive ends) on the PS4 but they won't release the third one there.

The news site PS LifeStyle said this: "Looking at two of the other games in the series: Dead Rising 3 is exclusive to Xbox One and PC so a PS4 release is unlikely, but Dead Rising 4 is a timed Xbox One console-exclusive for one year, meaning it could come to PS4 in December 2017."

This is just what I read, but I don't know if its entirely true.

I like to play my games chronologically

Me too! :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

4 is, 3 isn't.

Capcom still owns the IP (they even published the PC version of DR3) and you don't know what the deal between them and MS is. Nobody does, apart from them. I'm not saying DR3 was a timed exclusive like 4 is, I'm saying MS don't own it so it's not crazy to think it could come to PS. DR1 wasn't a timed exclusive. It was a full exclusive, but ten years later here we are getting it on PS4.

Capcom still owns the IP (they even published the PC version of DR3) and you don't know what the deal between them and MS is. Nobody does, apart from them. I'm not saying DR3 was a timed exclusive like 4 is, I'm saying MS don't own it so it's not crazy to think it could come to PS. DR1 wasn't a timed exclusive. It was a full exclusive, but ten years later here we are getting it on PS4.

Dead Rising 1 was re-released (In a shittier version) on Wii, So that's not true at all...

Dead Rising 1 was re-released (In a shittier version) on Wii, So that's not true at all...

that's not very true, the wii version is a remake, with far too many drastic changes -even on its title- for it to be considered a "re-release of the original game", different gameplay, different and edited locations, different way to complete the story, only has 1 ending as opposed to the 6 endings from the original, etc...

so both of them should be seen as different games, not a re-release because that would mean having the exact same original game -with nothing changed or edited- being released for the wii, and that wasn't the case.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 2

Just looked at the trophy list and already I'm not going to like getting the Saints trophy, It's been forever since I played the game but If I remember anything It's that the survivor AI was pretty bad. Here's hoping Capcom would touch up the AI a bit so It's more like DR2 where survivors weren't complete Idiots and were competent.

Yeah, as already stated, it's the # population of Willamete, the town that the game takes place in. I honestly didn't know this fact until a couple days ago though. I found out about the specific reference because of this video:

Funnily other games made achievements/trophies referencing to "Zombie Genocider", which is what you mentioned, requiring to kill a total of 53594 zombies in Dead Rising. I think it was Left 4 Dead that made an achievement just like that one, only you had to kill 53594 zombies, only adding 1 more zombie, lol Other games also make similar references via achievements/trophies, so you should give the video a watch if interested.

Mushihime-sama on xbox live also added 1 more to the genocider meme. There was a couple other games, but I can't remember them right now

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

I had all the achievements except for the ones for surviving so many days on 360. Hope I have the patience to do it again!

Yeah, that survival mode was brutal on your Xbox 360. Considering all of the overheating problems it had. I did manage to survive 7 days, and a few more after that. I think I'm ranked somewhere in the top 20 on the leaderboards actually.