Region lock?

Yoshi279

Hey everyone.

I'm pretty new to everything and I read in the trophy guide here that the game is region locked.

I'm in Europe and my console is from here too. However, my account is Canadian. Does that have any effect on buying, playing or earning trophies in the game? My access to the PSN Store from Canada works fine I just worry that the games there are Region 1 and won't run on my console.

Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

The game isn't region locked, the guide is just worded poorly. What they mean is that the servers are restricted by region, so while you're free to do anything on the game, you won't be able to join a multiplayer session with someone outside your region. Since your version was bought from the Canadian store, you'll be put in the North American servers.

For future reference though, at the moment there's only one region-locked game on the whole of PSN, which is Persona 4 Arena for the PS3.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but

• Regions can be bought/downloaded and played on any account. 
  • DLC must match the region bought though.
  • A Region locked game only affects the online connectivity.

So you can be EU buy a Canadian version of Trine 2, BUT if Trine 2 had DLC you'd need Canadian DLC. Canadian Trine 2 being Region Locked means you can only connect to other CAN players. Again, correct me if I am wrong anyone.

Edited by TigressLion

Correct me if I'm wrong but

• Regions can be bought/downloaded and played on any account. 
  • DLC must match the region bought though.
  • A Region locked game only affects the online connectivity.

So you can be EU buy a Canadian version of Trine 2, BUT if Trine 2 had DLC you'd need Canadian DLC. Canadian Trine 2 being Region Locked means you can only connect to other CAN players. Again, correct me if I am wrong anyone.

From what I know you are right except that if you have Trine 2 (from Canadian psstore) and you want to play it online living in EU you will only be able to play with EU players. There are region locked games btw and theres very few of them. The only one I know is Persona 4 Arena. You wont be able to play P4A from US on your EU ps3 and so on.

• Like 1

For future reference though, at the moment there's only one region-locked game on the whole of PSN, which is Persona 4 Arena for the PS3.

Which was delisted ages ago anyway, at least in Europe. But who cares when there's Ultimax.

ps: in rare cases, DLC doesn't have to match the region of the game. I know for sure that EU versions of Ridge Racer 7 (physical, in my case) and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (digital, in my case) can play DLC from different regions. Because they're either compatible with DLC from all regions by themselves (for the former) or the DLC uses japanese serial codes in non-JP regions (for the latter, that could be verified by having any DLC and using PSDLE)