Games similar to Furi?

moe_moe_kyuun

Very different in many ways from Furi, but Shadow of the Colossus preserves the boss-only gameplay structure. I fear the controls may not have aged well (the swimming in particular wasn't even good in 2006), but the game is still beautiful, and still one of my all-time favorites. The main game is not nearly as challenging as Furi, but if you're a trophy hunter, you should find the time-attack runs sufficiently difficult to get your blood pumping.

That said, and as you have already noted, the Soulsborne games are the closest contemporary analogs to Furi that I can think of.

Edit: Alternatively, if you're open to any well-made, challenging game that requires practice to get better, you should look-into rogue-likes. Some favorites are Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, and the underappreciated (and basically impossible to platinum) Nuclear Throne.

Edited by DiracMan42
  • Like 2

Very different in many ways from Furi, but Shadow of the Colossus preserves the boss-only gameplay structure. I fear the controls may not have aged well (the swimming in particular wasn't even good in 2006), but the game is still beautiful, and still one of my all-time favorites. The main game is not nearly as challenging as Furi, but if you're a trophy hunter, you should find the time-attack runs sufficiently difficult to get your blood pumping.

That said, and as you have already noted, the Soulsborne games are the closest contemporary analogs to Furi that I can think of.

Edit: Alternatively, if you're open to any well-made, challenging game that requires practice to get better, you should look-into rogue-likes. Some favorites are Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, and the underappreciated (and basically impossible to platinum) Nuclear Throne.

I agree with Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy, I love them.

Nuclear Throne is a very good game, buy if you want to play it you must do that in PC, the PS4 is bugged af and thats why is basically impossible to platinum 

Thanks for suggestions! I have the ICO and SOTC collection which I do want to get into before TLG. I tried Rogue Legacy but didn't really like it. Maybe I'll give that another try. I should have said that I played most of Platinum Games and Grasshopper Manufacturer so Killer is Dead, Metal Gear Rising, etc., I have played or own. Furi reminded a lot of No More Heroes boss fights. Again thanks for suggestions and reminding me which games I already have to check out again!

I have already played Bloodborne, and will pick up the Souls games later, but still looking for others. Any recommendations?

I do highly suggest the Souls series if you liked BB. DS2:SotFS is defiantly a challenging game if you go for the plat. DS3 is very similar to BB as well.

On other note.

Titan Souls

Salt and Sanctuary

Lord of the Fallen

Not fully similar to Furi, but know for the boss fights.

• Like 3

So I had platinum the game a few days ago, and now feeling thirsty for fun, challenging games like it. I have already played Bloodborne, and will pick up the Souls games later, but still looking for others. Any recommendation

Thanks for suggestions! I have the ICO and SOTC collection which I do want to get into before TLG. I tried Rogue Legacy but didn't really like it. Maybe I'll give that another try. I should have said that I played most of Platinum Games and Grasshopper Manufacturer so Killer is Dead, Metal Gear Rising, etc., I have played or own. Furi reminded a lot of No More Heroes boss fights. Again thanks for suggestions and reminding me which games I already have to check out again!

If you want a game with a decent challenge, that will require some grinding, then Dragon's Crown is the way to go. There's a boss fight in every level, after all, and then the alternate route bosses as well. I would also love to recommend, Bioshock. The game can be hard, but it's an overall, rewarding experience. But if you want games that's gonna leave your hands shaking and sweaty. Games that are going to make you regret taking on these absurd challenges, then I can recommend the following.

1. Mirror's Edge: It's a classic PS3 title, but it's also a frustrating game to beat. You're going to have to exploit every dirty trick to earn this platinum, like glitches, difficult shortcuts, high risk jumps and so much more. This was one of the hardest platinums I ever attempted.

2. WET: This game is hard, especially the challenges. Holy hell, I remember this game being unforgiving on the hardest difficulty. 

3. Surgeon Simulator: Combine deliberately clunky controls and delicate surgery and you have a plat that makes me cry, whenever I attempt it Q_Q. Surgeon Simulator is a tough platinum for anybody to go for. There WAS a glitch that made getting the hardest trophy easy, but that's been patched out, so you'll have to do it legit.

4. WipeOut HD: No hard recommendations is complete, without Wipeout HD. It's gonna take a LOT of practice, but it's not insurmountable. 

5. XCOM: Enemy Unknown: This platinum is quite a chore to get, especially as it requires 6 complete platythroughs minimum, and on various difficulties, with all kinds of restrictions on you.
  • Like 1

In my opinion there are only 2 Games that similar to furi.

1) Velocity 2x --> 50 Lv., you need to perfekt each of them, you can shoot and warp, High difficult and elektro Sound, but no Boss fights

2) Assault Android Cactus --> 25 Lv., elektro Sound, After 5 Lv you need to fight a boss, you need to get a "S" ranking in every single Lv.,High difficult, but IT is only Twin Stick Shooter

Both of them same addicted as Furi

Edited by DonVen76
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jotun. A beautiful Norse mythology boss rush game with more of an emphasis on exploration, rather than exposition, between the bosses. Enjoyed it a lot, post-Furi. Gonna try Titan Souls next.

PS: Velocity 2X deffo the ultimate 'die, learn, retry' game. Different genre than Furi but it also has a kickarse soundtrack and is my rarest plat, above Furi, for good reason.

Edited by AironicallyHuman
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Nobody is mentioning one franchise that I think is the absolute closest with its difficulty and boss designs. And that is Ys.

Ys: origin - PC, PS4, Vita

Ys: Oath in felghana PC, PSP

Ys seven PC, PSP

Ys Memories of Celceta  Vita, PC

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4, PC

I highly highly recommend all these and even the older titles and on their maximum difficulty. It has more than just bosses, they are full on action rpgs, but I am 100$% sure FURI has gotten a lot of inspiration from this franchise. 

The higher difficulties don't just bump HP, enemy behavior is different and bosses get new attacks (just like FURIER) and the music is absolutely kickass.

Seriously, anyone who likes Furi will definitely enjoy Ys.

• 1 year later...