Gravity Rush 2 launches January 18 in Europe, January 19 in Japan, and January 20 in the Americas and UK

crimsonidol38

• 3 weeks later...

Update: It's delayed until ( EU: January 18th 2017 | US & UK: January 20th 2017)..

Via the PS Blog EU/US <---(Full Article Here)

Gravity Rush 2 is the conclusion of Kat’s journey, so we want players to have enough time to dive deep into her story. In addition, as a lot of work went into online features that allow for asynchronous player interaction, we want as many people as possible playing the title at the same time. Thus, after careful deliberation, we have decided to change the release date. Gravity Rush 2 will now launch on January 20, 2017.

In exchange for the longer wait, we have decided to release the premium DLC planned for the title free of charge. This additional story will take place in the world of Gravity Rush 2 and we think fans will have a lot of fun playing through it.

Edited by HeySumbode

Well shit...

I don't really understand the reason behind the delay. Are they saying it's because of multiplayer? I didn't even know the game had multiplayer tbh. It sounds to me like it's less about polishing the game, and more about getting as many people as possible playing at the same time.

I'm a little disappointed, but it's only a month and bit longer to wait. Throwing in some premium DLC for free is a nice gesture too. I can't be mad.

Edited by Undead Wolf

This is a good thing. We dont need a similar situation to launch Just Cause 3 and launch DB Xenoverse and other games with MP aspects that are not PvP or Coop. Better for the (already implemented) existent online components to work in a game theyre in than be flawed - avoiding harming the game's overall ratings/design and other player interaction experience(s) - regardless of the high quality SP experience. Especially since this feature will be more prominent, useful, and important than inFAMOUS' 2 online component, polishing this so it actually works, since dedication and effort is going into this feature (and its Kat's implied last game).

And personally I have no issue with MP's existence. Not ALL MP is tied to signing in to play, coop (including campaign coop), or pvp. GR2 doesnt seem to be any of those type of MP so the general and ignorant hate (since noone knows exactly what it is or how it'll work) is unfair. (2 Cent.)