The hardest game you completed?

MyToiletBrush

Ive just completed bioshock on survivor difficulty! Yey! so hard, just constantly hiding, good aim and plenty of health kits.... sometimes i wanted to rip my hair out. Rayman 3 was a grind as well, completed it so many times on the ps2, so it was easy to remember on the ps3 :P But what was your hardest game you finished and any trophies you want to show off? im interested :P

• Like 1

I can't think of any particularly difficult games I've completed. Usually by the time I'm done with one I've learned the mechanics enough to not find it difficult.

I'll be boring though and say Catherine and Persona 4 Arena. Catherine for... Well, being Catherine and P4A because I'm already terrible at fighting games.

Unless by "completed" you mean acquiring the platinum and not completing the story mode. In that case... Eh...

• Like 1

For me...

CoD Modern Warfare on Veteran (was pretty hard or I was just a noob back then :awesome:)

NGS2 on Master Ninja

Dead Space 2 on Hardcore

Wipeout HD on Elite

Driver

Suikoden III (because of some boss battles)

Odin Sphere (because of some boss battles)

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

I seem to remember Killzone 2 on th hardest difficulty being pretty solid, but that was so many years ago my memory might be scewed.

Evil within might be up there in the highlights of difficulty for me (Akumu).

I'm tempted to give black ops 3 on Realistic an honorable mention but when i look back i don't think it was all that bad. 

Contrary to popular opinion though i thought CoD World at war was pretty easy. I played it after getting the plat on MW2 and 3 so i did know the mechanics fairly well, which probably has something to do with it, but despite the occasional nade-storm i breezed through.

Edited by pskid247
  • Like 1

d

For me...

CoD Modern Warfare on Veteran (was pretty hard or I was just a noob back then :awesome:)

NGS2 on Master Ninja

Dead Space on Hardcore

Wipeout HD on Elite

Driver

Suikoden III (because of some boss battles)

Odin Sphere (because of some boss battles

dead space 1 or 2? because i've platinum on dead space 1 and didnt find it to challenging. 

d

dead space 1 or 2? because i've platinum on dead space 1 and didnt find it to challenging. 

yep forgot to add 2 there, Dead Space 2, I dont remember Dead Space 1 having Hardcore difficulty thou. I think highest difficulty was called Nightmare or something :lol:

Edited by Saionji

bioshock infinite on the toughest difficulty with no help from a certain vending machine. 

final area was a joke at the end :(. still pretty tough getting there.

had to only use 1 power and 1 skill to do it.

Edited by kingdrake2

yep forgot to add 2 there, Dead Space 2, I dont remember Dead Space 1 having Hardcore difficulty thou. I think it was called Nightmare or something :lol:

It was called Impossible mode in the first Dead Space. Dead Space 2 had Zealot mode which was essentially the same thing to Dead Space's Impossible mode. Dead Space 2 was also the first game that introduced Hardcore mode to the series.  

• Like 2

It was called Impossible mode in the first Dead Space. Dead Space 2 had Zealot mode which was essentially the same thing to Dead Space's Impossible mode. Dead Space 2 was also the first game that introduced Hardcore mode to the series.  

Thanks for correcting me on this, even thou Hardcore allows you to save 3 times during your entire playthrough its still pretty annoying and in my opinion harder than NYMHC in Max Payne 3.

If you're talking about a game itself without its plat, it would be Mirror's Edge. That thing was so hard to speed run.

For plats(hardest to least IMO, since difficulty is subjective) I know this thread says you've completed but I haven't completed some which is why it's hard :P

1)bioshock 1 survivor mode. Bioshock 2's hard gave a little trouble and infinite's 1999 mode gave me trouble at the siren part only. Bioshock 1.... Just annoying. You have to find many collectables with lots of backtracking so enemies respawn and you can't afford to use materials as well as big daddies are a pain. And also the fact you have two hands but you cat use them at the same time... Which is why I liked BioShock 2 more but I digress.

2) demon's souls.... I didn't finish it nor will I try. At least with BioShock I liked it but this game is hard and I found it boring tbh, but that's just me once again. Played with friends too but didn't get that thrill people talked about.

3) black ops1.... Veteran mode especially the part where you're on top of a tank exposed and shooting enemies hoping you won't die is just B.S. also I suck at zombies.

4) Mirror's Edge, my favorite game, easily takes this spot since speed runs were really hard but I love the game so I managed to pull through.

5) mw2 spec ops was damn hard but actually fun. I managed to speed run a couple missions thanks to YouTube and actually beat infinity Ward's time twice! :)

6) mw3 spec ops as well but this time it was slightly easier I guess since I played spec ops in mw2. Also veteran was manageable till the final level which really came outta nowhere.(insert Randy Orton meme :P)

7) spec ops FUBAR.... The hardest difficulty Ive played after survivor in BioShock but the reason it's here because I beat it in less than weak whereas mw2 and 3 took me longer. Some areas were totally unfair( looking at you helicopter part)

8) I am the night mode in Batman origins.. Haven't platted the game but so close now. However this mode I wasn't allowed to die once throughout the campaign. Let's just say.... I died literally in the end twice! Why you ask because , near the end before you fight bane, you have to glide across across electric water and Batman would just jump in the water for no reason despite me holding down the X button to glide but noooo.

Anyways that was my list . hope y'all enjoyed it :D

Edited by poopooblast

In no particular order : 

1- Dead Space 2 on Hardcore 

2- Killzone 2 on Elite 

3- Medal of Honor Warfighter on Hardcore

4- Medal of Honor Frontline on Hard

5- Spec Ops The Line on FUBAR

6- Call of Duty World at War on Veteran

7- F.E.A.R 3 on Insane

8- Call of Duty Black Ops on Veteran

9- Alien Isolation Hard/No Kills/No Deaths