The hardest game you completed?

MyToiletBrush

-Contra III.

-Life Force (NES).

-Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Breakthrough on the hardest difficulty.

-Halo: Combat Evolved on Legendary.

-Gradius Advance 1CC.

-Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 hardest difficulty on Wii. Particularly the very last part where infinite soldiers spawn and you have to literally go through them slowly. They can even one-shot you on Easy.

-Maybe NGS2 on Master Ninja too.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

3 or 5 I believe. Although that was after 150-200+ previous tries or so  xD

Congrats! As a kid, that was one of my great accomplishments, along with a no-continue, no-knockdown run of Mike Tyson's punch-Out (I, however, did NOT beat Ninja Gaiden without many continues, which is why it took the top spot).

• Like 1

Congrats! As a kid, that was one of my great accomplishments, along with a no-continue, no-knockdown run of Mike Tyson's punch-Out (I, however, did NOT beat Ninja Gaiden without many continues, which is why it took the top spot).

Thanks man! Yeah, Life Force felt like one of the most brutal games back then. Really!? Holy crap man that's awesome! Mike Tyson on that game is nuts imo.

Totally feel ya. NG1 is tough as hell too, especially the last stages and Jaquio. It took me probably another 200 continues to beat it :P My older brother did it once without using 1 and under an hour... I'll ask him later just how many tries it took him to master the game xD

In no particular order,

Top darts - to get platinum darts in the mini games was pretty tricky.

The shoot- one particular mini game caused me days of frustration. Luck and skill involved.

World at war - veteran mode was a complete joke and I'm lucky to have a working tv afterwards.

Gt5- i remember the vettel challenges rather hard.

It isn't quite the hardest game I've beat. Yet when I was 6-7 I remember when DK64 came out, I bought it that day and skipped school to play. After a few weeks I ended up beating it. It felt so great to me then and it was so difficult towards the end. Although playing it now is like a cake walk back when I was young it was something to brag about.

• Like 1

Skill based I think Killzone 2 on elite difficulty, last fight was a b*tch! xD And Mirror's edge 1 + DLC Trophies very skill based game but loved it! :)

Broing as f*ck grind hard games - Far cry 2 (Even tho I loved the game it has stupid online trophies.), Uncharted 3 (Dlc currently working on it but again why random treasures online...), Grid autosport (Boring to get to level 250 took me 3 months of constant boosting.) etc :P I should look on my profile what others but these are the ones I remember xD

So my list is really about getting trophies, more than gameplay:

Red Dead Redemption:  Awesome game!  But the online play was soooo glitchy.   And trying to string 3 and 4 wins in ranked games gave me a weak heart.  I have to have a defibrillator handy now.  Seriously though, I was holding my breath the whole time, especially if I stringed any wins together (not to mention I am not good at MP, and I was playing against people teaming up).  I didn't do any gaming sessions until I had the vast majority of trophies.  Even having sessions wasn't easy.  The servers were crap and people would get a trophy and ditch everyone.  I never thought I would get 100%, and sometimes I have to pinch myself when I look at my profile.

MGS 2: Seriously!  The VR missions are endless and get soo hard.  Playing the sniper missions, I cried. I raged. I spat and fumed.  I pulled out hair and cursed the producers and told them they didn't know their real fathers.  Somehow... eventually, I passed.  Oh, on top of all that, I realized at about 80% through the missions, that my save wasn't registering, so I had to start all over again.  Collecting dog tags was infuriating too.

RE5: This game was so time consuming.  Playing survivors was a pain.  I wasn't very good, and if by chance I would win a game, so many times people would back out!  @#$!@#%!  Ultimately, I couldn't do it without boosting, and that itself was awful!

Rayman Legends: Getting a diamond cup wiped any fun from my memory of this game.  I actually played it on the vita, and it might have been easier on PS3, but I played for hours a day every week for months trying to get that *%$ cup in challenge mode.  The game wasn't terribly challenging apart from that, a bit time consuming though.

Freedom Wars:  There is such little and almost no good info in English about this game.  That made upgrading weapons so unenjoyable.  Just trying to figure out where/how to get what you needed was a pain, but actually getting it was impossible without help.  I hate MP and generally avoid it if possible, but it was the only way to get resources to upgrade weapons, but even then, it wasn't a cake walk.  And apart from getting the weapon upgrade trophy, you cant beat higher levels without high level weapons (and help on top of that).  In the end, what made this game so hard was playing on my own and a lack of reliable resource guides.

Persona 4 Golden: Hardcore Rosetta Fan was not cool.  You're really in the dark on that one (on what is required, but more on what you done/left to do).  I read several guides and was more confused after reading them.  I wept for days when I finally got that trophy.

Hardest incomplete games:

Twisted Metal:  This game is freaken hard.  On top of that, the online trophies, which are ridiculous, are almost impossible to achieve, both from difficulty and glitching).  I just barely beat the game on normal, no way I can get it on twisted, let alone with a gold medal.

Wipeout:  I don't like and I am pretty bad at racing games.  I have done everything but beat the game with all gold medals on elite and that's just not gunna happen

MGS4:  Getting the plat takes so much stamina.  I had already put so much time into the game before trophy support, then I lost my save after working my way to the plat, so the thought of starting over again wears me out.  Additionally, getting the big boss emblems are pretty dang hard.

Batman Arkham Knight and City: I don't enjoy the challenge maps, and I can't get the trophies.  I left it unfinished and I have no desire to return to it.

Diablo 3: someone please give me some level 70 enchanted armor!  please! please! please! please. ple..................

Edited by dmsleight

OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood. It is a completely skill based game. There are no walkthroughs, trophy guides, tricks, or tips for it(other than collectibles). All the challenges are told to you and whether or not you can do them is all up to your level of skill and perseverance. OlliOlli 2 trophies take up all the top slots in the "Rarest Trophies" section of my profile.

The hardest games I ever completed were:

• God of War II. Titan Mode was hellish. And I still remember how I got to the *shudders* translator part, realized I wouldn't be able to clear it without Atlas Quake at a higher level and had to do the whole thing from the start just to upgrade Atlas Quake to max level before I got to that part. And nearly every other part before that one was almost as insanely hard. As soon as I finally managed to clear that bit, I used up every save data slot I still had available. Just to be on the safe side.
  • Catherine. Hard mode was absolutely sadistic. Even with a guide, the game still threw me for a ride.
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Buggy servers, ridiculous requirements and a grindy multiplayer made for a very unpleasant online mode experience. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief as soon as I finally got the Platinum for that thing.
  • Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. Never have I seen a game with such deep and needless love for RNG. The whole experience was grindy, frustrating and way longer than it needed to be.

Zen Pinball is the hardest game I completed. For the longest time I thought I couldn't do it, but my perserverance paid off in the end. Zen Pinball 2, Marvel Pinball, Star Wars Pinball and Pinball Arcade were hard too. Zen Pinball 2 on Vita only has 3 people who got 100 %, but I found it to be easier than Zen Pinball 1. Maybe because of all the practice I got up to that point. Other games that were hard to complete are Woah Dave, OlliOlli part 1 and 2, Wipeout HD, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge, Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac, Twisted Metal, Velocity 2X, Quantum Conundrum, Stealth Inc., Race The Sun, Entwined, Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed, Shatter, Muramasa Rebirth. Quite a lot actually. I mostly like the challenge, but sometimes it's nice to play easy games too (Hannah Montana ;) ).

Edited by SugarIsTheDevil