PS4 Rise of the Tomb Raider October release official.

Just gonna leave that here for y'all to have a look, make sure you watch right to the end! ;)

I saw this and immediately thought about TR Anniversary 2, especially given the title of the video... and then that didn't happen </3

It's definitely nice to see some clips from the PS1 games instead of them outright ignoring them as if they never happened though.

I saw this and immediately thought about TR Anniversary 2, especially given the title of the video... and then that didn't happen </3

It's definitely nice to see some clips from the PS1 games instead of them outright ignoring them as if they never happened though.

Honestly, I don't think a TR2 Anniversary will ever happen now which is a shame.

Yeah it's great every main game in the series was shown, even The Angel of Darkness which was a surprise. What I find a little sad though is how they're portraying their pride of the series' origins and legacy yet nobody from the former Core Design will be involved or even mentioned, not even Toby Gard probably. Square Enix weren't there for 20 years, neither were Crystal Dynamics.

Edited by dell9300

Honestly, I don't think a TR2 Anniversary will ever happen now which is a shame.

Yeah it's great every main game in the series was shown, even The Angel of Darkness which was a surprise. What I find a little sad though is how they're portraying their pride of the series' origins and legacy yet nobody from the former Core Design will be involved or even mentioned, not even Toby Gard probably. Square Enix weren't there for 20 years, neither were Crystal Dynamics.

Hopefully they'll portray that pride in the Croft Manor DLC. A picture of Richard and Amelia (and Amelia having the Ghalali Key would be a very neat touch), some documents about Lara's future adventures (the three Atlanteans, background info about the dagger from Tomb Raider II, etc., similar to the books scattered around the manor you could read in Anniversary.), and maybe some small easter eggs like being able to lock Winston in a freezer again.

There's so much potential with this DLC, but it'll probably be remarkably average since it only lasts an hour :(

Edited by madbuk

Hopefully they'll portray that pride in the Croft Manor DLC. A picture of Richard and Amelia (and Amelia having the Ghalali Key would be a very neat touch), some documents about Lara's future adventures (the three Atlanteans, background info about the dagger from Tomb Raider II, etc., similar to the books scattered around the manor you could read in Anniversary.), and maybe some small easter eggs like being able to lock Winston in a freezer again.

There's so much potential with this DLC, but it'll probably be remarkably average since it only lasts an hour :(

That would be nice! :) But maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up too much cause, well you know...

I don't want to be disappointed again like the last time. I'm going into this game hoping it will be better than the last but knowing it won't be the same as the classics so then my expectations aren't too high. It will be easier to like the game for what it is that way.

Edited by dell9300

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-ps4-coverbox.jpg

I preferred this cover art to be honest. Better than a shadow. 

That cover is certainly better than the Xbox alternative, imo. The blue PS4 banner isn't out of place like the green Xbox One banner was among all the snow. Although I think this should've been the cover, personally:

7dd88af2c5ccc1d14aed6d4ec71b1bc520150601

• Like 1

Just gonna leave that here for y'all to have a look, make sure you watch right to the end! ;)

This is what I was referring to. This is the 20 Year Celebration edition, and they're not including anything from any of the classic Tomb Raider games. It's not really a celebration edition if you're just adding in a new co-op mode....

I wonder if after the credits roll, Lara will appear in her house and we start playing a hidden remastered version of Tomb Raider, kinda like how Zombies was a hidden game mode in World At War

• Like 1

This is what I was referring to. This is the 20 Year Celebration edition, and they're not including anything from any of the classic Tomb Raider games. It's not really a celebration edition if you're just adding in a new co-op mode....

I wonder if after the credits roll, Lara will appear in her house and we start playing a hidden remastered version of Tomb Raider, kinda like how Zombies was a hidden game mode in World At War

Well there are classic costumes included and the Uzi from TR3 apparently, also the return of Croft Manor. Plus it comes with a 20th anniversary art book, but yeah I agree the anniversary hasn't really been celebrated properly. There should be a TR2 Anniversary remake or perhaps a TR Classics Collection Remastered.

Edited by dell9300

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently, the Blood Ties chapter is actually VR... That sounds like a way to say to the PS4 crowd "see, you're getting the game a year too late but you're actually getting more than X1 ever had!"

I'll get the game used at some point, I'm already buying enough games these days. Gotta focus on my backlog.

• Like 1

So apparently, the Blood Ties chapter is actually VR... That sounds like a way to say to the PS4 crowd "see, you're getting the game a year too late but you're actually getting more than X1 ever had!"

I'll get the game used at some point, I'm already buying enough games these days. Gotta focus on my backlog.

Thats right. It's why I'm getting Mafia 3 first and TR on a later (cheaper) rate....besides I have Skyrim as well to look forward too

DF007gamer.png

• Like 1

Thats right. It's why I'm getting Mafia 3 first and TR on a later (cheaper) rate....besides I have Skyrim as well to look forward too

I already pre-ordered No Man's Sky, South Park and Horizon Zero Dawn as well as looking at VR. I decided to just enter an event which will force me to stop buying and start paying attention to my backlog. I have been keeping my backlog in check much better since switching from X360 to PS4 (and eventually PS3 and Vita) but I still think I can do better and buy less. Most of my buys this year have actually just been trades. Traded two old games for Uncharted 4, traded Uncharted 4 for DOOM...

• Like 1

I already pre-ordered No Man's Sky, South Park and Horizon Zero Dawn as well as looking at VR. I decided to just enter an event which will force me to stop buying and start paying attention to my backlog. I have been keeping my backlog in check much better since switching from X360 to PS4 (and eventually PS3 and Vita) but I still think I can do better and buy less. Most of my buys this year have actually just been trades. Traded two old games for Uncharted 4, traded Uncharted 4 for DOOM...

Thats the way to go. I've got August and September to get my backlog of ps3 games done. Dantes inferno, Dead Space series etc etc...Besides the backlog games workout cheap anyways :lol:

• 2 months later...

I have a curiosity about how on earth so many people did get access and R playing Rise of Tomb Raider almost a week before sells start?

Cos I'll buy (at least that's what I want to) tomorrow at Day One and I wanna play this game soon, but think that's unfair that so many players getting on trophy lists like here in psnprofiles.

I have a curiosity about how on earth so many people did get access and R playing Rise of Tomb Raider almost a week before sells start?

Cos I'll buy (at least that's what I want to) tomorrow at Day One and I wanna play this game soon, but think that's unfair that so many players getting on trophy lists like here in psnprofiles.

Nothing unfair going on...

Personally, I pre-ordered. The store texted me on Friday that I could pick up the game... from time to time, publishers tell stores early that they can go ahead and sell pre-orders ahead of time. I started on Black Flag this much in advance as well, though most of the time it's just the day before.

Add that to the many review copies out there, and you've got a big stack of people playing the game ahead of the official release date.

Nothing unfair going on...

Personally, I pre-ordered. The store texted me on Friday that I could pick up the game... from time to time, publishers tell stores early that they can go ahead and sell pre-orders ahead of time. I started on Black Flag this much in advance as well, though most of the time it's just the day before.

Add that to the many review copies out there, and you've got a big stack of people playing the game ahead of the official release date.

Yeah I preordered it ages ago, fair and square, and to my surprise it arrived on the 7th! I certainly wasn't going to wait four days if they decided I could have it early. xD

I get it's not fair how others have had to wait but it's just the luck of the draw I guess.

• Like 1

I've had it pre-ordered for a while now. I love the Tomb Raider games and my 'to buy' list has been pretty empty recently, so it was a no brainer.

£38 from Amazon, which I think is reasonable, especially with all the DLC is included. Yea, it's a year old, but it's new to me. The same people complaining it's a year old thus should be cheaper won't be complaining when the inevitable full price re-release of Fallout 4+DLC happens... 

Then...pre-order things?

If anybody is going to get something early, it's the people who've already handed over their card info and address...Yano, because if it's ready to ship they can charge you and send it. You've put some trust in them by giving them access to your bank account for a product you're probably going into blind, getting a few games early is almost like a 'thanks' for your trust.

If you're just going to the store on release then...I dunno, how do you expect to get something early? Do you expect them to make speculative phone calls seeing if you're interested in the game?

• Like 1