Grandia 3 (2005/RPG/PS2 game) is coming to PS4

Finozzi1696

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/19/grandia-3-listed-for-playstation-4-by-esrb

-------------

YVvGNoY.png

-------------

Another classic PlayStation 2 JRPG may soon be coming to PS4, if a new listing for Grandia III by the ESRB is any indication.
The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated (via Gematsu) Grandia III for Sony's current-gen console, suggesting the Square Enix role-playing game will soon join PlayStation 4's growing catalog of downloadable PS2 games.

-------------

-------------

What other PS2 games would you like to see on PS4 with trophy/platinum support? go here -> http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/ Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 3

O

M

G!!!

Please let it have trophies!! PLEASE!!! I've been wanting this to make a comeback for a long time now. Just need Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria and Star Ocean Til The End of Time and I'm set!!! (Well, all of this and Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy 7)

This is nice. I hated Grandia 2, so I never played this one. Hopefully, it's on sale for PS+ at release time.

More exciting, though, is getting Squeenix on board. While they've been lavkluster in the PS3 generation and beyond, their PS2 offerings are solid. Here's hoping some Tri-Ace classics make the grade.

Edited by starcrunch061

This is nice. I hated Grandia 2, so I never played this one. Hopefully, it's on sale for PS+ at release time.

More exciting, though, is getting Squeenix on board. While they've been lavkluster in the PS3 generation and beyond, their PS2 offerings are solid. Here's hoping some Tri-Ace classics make the grade.

Yeah, I'm hoping so too. Radiata Stories on PS4 would be a Day 1 buy for me.

All PS2 on PS4 games have been released in Europe so far. I think they're always released on the same day, too.

We never got Kinetica on PS2 either, but it's still here on PS4 so I wouldn't worry about it.

Not true. The King of Fighters 2000 and Metal Slug Anthology haven't, neither has Psychonauts yet but it's meant to be coming soon, and Puzzle Quest was only released in the UK.

O

M

G!!!

Please let it have trophies!! PLEASE!!! I've been wanting this to make a comeback for a long time now. Just need Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria and Star Ocean Til The End of Time and I'm set!!! (Well, all of this and Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy 7)

It will definitely have trophies. Whether it has a plat might be debatable, but I'm pretty sure this game is huge.

Also, did you just request Dirge of Cerberus?

I already edited the post

Oops sorry, I guess you're forgiven then if I am? :P

What you said about Kinetica is true though. Europe never got it on PS2 but did on PS4, same with Rise of the Kasai, so it doesn't mean this won't come to Europe this time.

Oops sorry, I guess you're forgiven then if I am? :P

What you said about Kinetica is true though. Europe never got it on PS2 but did on PS4, same with Rise of the Kasai, so it doesn't mean this won't come to Europe this time.

Oh, yeah it's fine I'm not annoyed or anything, just didn't think you saw my edit

O

M

G!!!

im pretty sure that all ps2 to ps4 games get trophies :P. what you should be praying for is a plat :awesome:

I'll give it another shot, but my memories of this game are not that great. I made it up until just around the final parts before giving up in frustration with pretty much everything about this game (for those that haven't played it, it's not that long of a game, relatively speaking when compared to the other JRPGs of the time). I'm not the one to just play a game for 5 minutes, say it sucks, then run to metracritic to give it a 0 without analyzing any redeeming qualities, so that's about the only reason why I could have a change of heart, since I've been known to give games multiple tries before finally writing them off.

Grandia's battle system has never been amazing to me as it has to others, so that was one strike against it (I found the battles quite tedious, to be honest, especially if any battle were to be prolonged). The biggest strike, though, was the game started out so promising before it was like they ran short on development time or budget or something, because the story took some strange turns in how it handled characters and how it decided to handle it's second act and onward. I won't spoil anything -- even if there isn't really anything TO spoil -- but I'll approach this cautiously, and probably will only purchase if I have absolutely nothing else to play or a decent sale.

This sure if a great news!

Not only because it's another JRPG, but also because it's one of the less known ones and also because it's coming from SE (so, can we expect more JRPGs of their PS2 era games getting this treatment, like Dragon Quest 8.. since we know that FFXII will get the royal treatment with a full proper remaster for PS4). Hopefully this will convince other studios to bring their PS2 RPGs to PS4 this way (Atlus, NISA.. and whoever owns Shadow Hearts and Suikoden now..).

Also, this is a JRPG that I missed during the PS2 gen, so that's an extra reason for me to be happy with this announcement (I own and had played all other 4 JRPGs released this way on PS4).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon