Game now unplattable?

game is no longer plattable, leaderboards are no longer updating which means the stats are no longer registering. Activision is no longer supporting the game so i wouldnt expect any updates to fix it.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have read some other people had similar issues recently with leaderboards in 007 BS. Looks like this game is currently unachievable and Activision obviously doesnt care, I wouldnt expect too much from them so this game might as well remain unplattable.

I can't even get online, it keeps saying connection lost. I have been looking online but I can't find anything that says they shut down the servers or what not, and nothing says its unplattable. 

you wont hear much about it because its not a very popular game compared to some other franchises.

I managed to make the last trophy of this game at the beginning of June this year , my friend was not so lucky , medals stopped updating. The only contact I got was through facebook of each game creators , follows his answer:

"Hi Lucas,

I'm so sorry to hear of this bug, this must be extremely frustrating for you. Unfortunately this is because Activision (the publisher who owns the title) have shutdown the servers that support the game. This will mean that achievements and leaderboards will not work.

There is nothing I can do to resolve this for you other than to offer my apologies that you have bought the game and are not able to fully appreciate it. Myself and my fellow developers who built the game put a lot of our lives and love into that game, so it's nice to know that it is still being appreciated, at least in part!

Kind regards and all the best,

Pete Collier".

Unfortunately , I believe that is platinum can not be obtained! =(

Activision already gots your money...they don't care after that...the Ghostbusters' servers were so horrible you would have your system hard crash constantly while trying to play. Instead of fixing them, they simply shut them down, even though they were pretty active. Just got tired of hearing people complain about the sub-par product. Great Customer service.

• Like 2

Is it so hard for developers to give us some warning. I mean i understand servers cant be up forever but fuck at least tell us.  

The servers are still active, the problem is that the game stopped updating, any effort you make to unlock medals is useless because the game is not registering more!

To make matters worse, Activision does not give any support to the game:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Unsupported-Titles

Edited by Hunter_Gamma
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to burst anybody's bubble, but I'm really sure this time that we won't be able to log back into multilplayer successfully. Here's why:

Due to recent testing, the leaderboard is back up and doesn't glitch out when you're scrolling through it, which happened to me last week. It's just unable to retrieve your position on the leaderboard if you don't have any stats. I can't log into the online with my main account, but I can log in with any of my alternate accounts, and I can log in with all 10 of them no problem. Reason being is probably because if you started the game up after this recent fiasco without any stats, then you can log in successfully. Here's the problem: I earned some trophies and I swear I earned some medals as well, even though the stats page wouldn't update. I only say that I earned some medals because about two days later, I was unable to log in with that account, and it keeps saying "Connection error". 

On top of this, I contacted Activision support about this. They already had pictures of the leaderboards not popping up when I was still able to log in successfully during the time that the leaderboards went down. They first told me to clear my cache, which has absolutely nothing to do with the online, but I did it anyways and told them that nothing changed. Then, a day later, I got this statement:

"Hey there. We would like to inform you that we no longer provide support for this title. We apologize."

Then I asked them if they finally shut down the servers for the game, and they came back with:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any information on this."

The servers are still up and running, even though Activision doesn't even know anything about their status of this game. I even emailed the CEO of Activision, and got no response from him, so I don't know what Activision is going to do. But, in summary, there's some bug in there that when the servers see statistics on a profile, it immediately blocks them from accessing the multiplayer. If that's not the issue, then I don't know what is, to be honest. 

I wish that we could all finish this up and get this retarded online done for a really rare platinum without any issues, but I don't know what's going to come of this. Sorry guys, but I think we're shit out of luck on this one. 

So, I tested this bug a little further, and this is what I've found.

Basically, me and my friend tried with secondary accounts to complete a game and get some stats. They recorded fine on the leaderboards. So we logged off PSN and closed the game, went in again, and we managed to connect succesfully.

Not till today (at the time of writing): I cannot connect anymore with that secondary account, but other accounts just work fine.

In summary, when you finish a game, you just activated a ticking time bomb. You will be able to log in just fine till some "days" (maybe leaderboards refreshing?), then you get "Connection error. Please try again" message, just like icameron625 said.

Well, for the hardcore ones, you can try and do the online in one sitting without turning the PS3 off, but it's very unlikley. Don't quit your day job, Activision!