Princess Crown on PSP

Totalcross3000

It isn't avaliable on PSN and is Japan-only.

PSP port is a bit inferior to the original Saturn version (big border and a bit messed up resolution), so you'll be better off playing that.

I doubt you have Saturn or will be able to track down the physical Saturn copy (they are reeeeally pricey), so your best bet is to resort to emulation. (I don't know what your stance on the emulation is, fellow forumites, but will still mention it.)

There is a fan translation patch for Saturn version in the works, but it is going pretty slowly, so if you want to understand the story, there exists full complete text translation (with an awesome site included)  on the Net. The domen expired long time ago, but the good old Wayback Machine saves the day again.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080304171404/http://www.andriasang.com/princesscrown/pcrown/translation.html

Edited by NetEntity

Didn't knew that Princess Crown was available on PSP actually. I thought it was Sega Saturn exclusive but apparently both versions were only release in Japan , what is kinda of a letdown . Princess Crown should be release outside of Japan in newer platforms , i would buy it in a blink .

Princess Crown not being localized is one of the biggest gaming "whys" just like Muramasa The Demon Blade not getting a HD Remaster treatment or just any home console port after the Wii one.

I hope someone translates Princess Crown for PSP someday. On a side note, i only discovered today that someone fan-translated Half Minute Hero 2 for the PSP, years after the Steam release.

It isn't avaliable on PSN and is Japan-only.

PSP port is a bit inferior to the original Saturn version (big border and a bit messed up resolution), so you'll be better off playing that.

I doubt you have Saturn or will be able to track down the physical Saturn copy (they are reeeeally pricey), so your best bet is to resort to emulation. (I don't know what your stance on the emulation is, fellow forumites, but will still mention it.)

There is a fan translation patch for Saturn version in the works, but it is going pretty slowly, so if you want to understand the story, there exists full complete text translation (with an awesome site included)  on the Net. The domen expired long time ago, but the good old Wayback Machine saves the day again.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080304171404/http://www.andriasang.com/princesscrown/pcrown/translation.html

I think with emulation, if it is a dead system and there are no new copies available, it is more acceptable. I see emulation as a form of archiving.  so anything for sony that is ps2 or ps1 and is not availible on PSN, I would consider acceptable.  Now if a game I have emulated came availible (Valkyrie Profile, Terranigma) came availible digitally, I would buy it in a heartbeat

I think with emulation, if it is a dead system and there are no new copies available, it is more acceptable. I see emulation as a form of archiving.  so anything for sony that is ps2 or ps1 and is not availible on PSN, I would consider acceptable.  Now if a game I have emulated came availible (Valkyrie Profile, Terranigma) came availible digitally, I would buy it in a heartbeat

I follow the similiar mindset. Just thought some carefulness won't hurt. Some sites and forums ban and burn any mention of emulation and the connected activities, which makes it rather "hard to breathe" sometimes, as I love me some retro console games and often find myself using workarounds to get my hands on them- it's impossible to find anything older than PS3 \ X360 games here and I refuse to be hampered by the region lock (as my PS1, PS2 and PSP are PAL and Cube and Wii are NTSC... and I want to play all the JRPGs, dammit.)

I follow the similiar mindset. Just thought some carefulness won't hurt. Some sites and forums ban and burn any mention of emulation and the connected activities, which makes it rather "hard to breathe" sometimes, as I love me some retro console games and often find myself using workarounds to get my hands on them- it's impossible to find anything older than PS3 \ X360 games here and I refuse to be hampered by the region lock (as my PS1, PS2 and PSP are PAL and Cube and Wii are NTSC... and I want to play all the JRPGs, dammit.)

Totally understand covering one's own ass  :D