No Man's Sky MIGHT be delayed again. Update: No Legal Issues, No Delay

Daniel_Shadow170

Wow I hope not. I know there's a lot of hype behind it. Some people even doing death threats over the last delay.

Yet the game does look good, and I hope it actually does good. Been looking forward to it for a little while. Need something with great scenery to look at.

That company said that they never even saw the No Man's Sky's source code, so they're literally just assuming xD

Yes but they have a 99% chance of them being right the patent is for a specific thing. Doesn't help in an interview the dev even named the guy he stole from. Only two choices you ether pay these people which is what they want or you delay the game for the upcoming legal battle. I think it was a well played move on the patent owners part as Sony will step in and try and settle quickly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superformula

^That whole thing is apparently it so I would assume you know if someone is using it.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

Yes but they have a 99% chance of them being right the patent is for a specific thing. Doesn't help in an interview the dev even named the guy he stole from. Only two choices you ether pay these people which is what they want or you delay the game for the upcoming legal battle. I think it was a well played move on the patent owners part as Sony will step in and try and settle quickly.

Ehhh, highly doubt Sony is going to step in. This is Hello Games legal issue, not Sony's. If this was a PlayStation exclusive and not coming to the PC, I'd probably agree otherwise.

EDIT: Actually, Sony could, but we just won't know about it  :P

Edited by Death_Ninja

Ehhh, highly doubt Sony is going to step in. This is Hello Games legal issue, not Sony's. If this was a PlayStation exclusive and not coming to the PC, I'd probably agree otherwise.

Huh you know this whole time I thought Sony was helping make it but I guess not. On a sidenote I looked up other patents and copyrights for words and man a ton of everyday things are listed.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

Huh you know this whole time I thought Sony was helping make it but I guess not. On a sidenote I looked up other patents and copyrights for words and man a ton of everyday things are listed.

Oh dude you can't even swing a freaking bat and not hit some sort of patent infringement, it's insane lol

From the same article: “We haven't provided a license to Hello Games,” Jeroen Sparrow of Genicap said. "[/size]We don't want to stop the launch[/size], but if the formula is used we'll need to have a talk.” [/size]

Stop instigating rumors.

.....The title says MIGHT I literally can not make that any clearer.

"Many years ago Johan Gielis was studying bamboo, as he was fascinated by the structures of nature. Bamboo is a very special material since it is a type of grass, but it is super strong. Also it grows very fast, around a meter a day, which makes it an immensely renewable resource. Gielis was so fascinated about the strength and the shape of the bamboo and thought to himself: if I can describe it in a mathematical model, I can use it in a trillion ways. After that he started to gather many formulas that already existed and tried to create a new one out of it. This took him a few years until that one day. "

Pardon me? I'm gonna pattern 1+1=2. Euclid should own all mathematical formulae imo.

Edited by MojoNJojo

Now I don't know if the company wants to showcase themselves using almost forgotten project (with all the delays, who's even hyped for it?) or they are actually helping NMS...

Since you know... negative publicity still publicity.

Pardon me? I'm gonna pattern 1+1=2. 

I'll take 1+1=3 then.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I'm like 90% sure i remember this game being talked about and hints of release around the release date of the PS4. It's a couple of years on and it's still not here; it's terrible really. Especially considering that when it was first announced it was intimated to be a 'budget game' i.e. lower price than your standard hard copy release... not anymore.

"No Man's Sky MIGHT be delayed again"

200.gif

Really though, I'm more excited for the reviews than I am for the game itself. This seems like a game that will either be very successful and popular, or a game that will majorly crash and burn. I'm still rather skeptical myself.

"Many years ago Johan Gielis was studying bamboo, as he was fascinated by the structures of nature. Bamboo is a very special material since it is a type of grass, but it is super strong. Also it grows very fast, around a meter a day, which makes it an immensely renewable resource. Gielis was so fascinated about the strength and the shape of the bamboo and thought to himself: if I can describe it in a mathematical model, I can use it in a trillion ways. After that he started to gather many formulas that already existed and tried to create a new one out of it. This took him a few years until that one day. "

Pardon me? I'm gonna pattern 1+1=2. Euclid should own all mathematical formulae imo.

Unfortunately Euclid only wrote mathematical ideals in Euclid's Elements and didn't patent anything (because patents didn't exist) as he was only trying to instruct other people on an already widely, but not commonly, understood principle. However, i would absolutely love to cite 'Euclid b****' any time somebody does... well, anything.