Don't buy on PS3 if you have a PS4!

Ripper

It was a great game but the PS3 version is so buggy at key moments it harms the brilliant story.

The PS4 version is so much smoother, it is not worth getting on the PS3 if you can play it on the PS4. I made the mistake of buying it on the PS3 to save money and what a mistake! You have been warned! Lol

As has been said above, both versions are pretty bad. Poor texture loading, voice lag, game freezing momentarily. Overall it was a really unpolished game, which was a shame because the story was great, and so were the choices you had to make. The other official Game of Thrones game also had a really good story but felt shoddy overall.

But yes, the PS4 edition is the lesser of two evils.

• Like 4

It was a joke on the PS4 too tbh, I can't imagine what it was like on the PS3. I'm hoping for a massive improvement in the new engine with Batman

It's fucking worse. I played it on PS3 since it was on sale despite on hating Telltale so much. At first it plays alright in the beginning episodes, but like in episode 4 in the middle it was starting to load slow throughout the whole part, but the part of the final episode was awful. Sound delays by the final meeting of the table discussion, frame rate issues get in the freaking way as well. At this point where I am a bit mad right now of other things so excuse of me cursing. With them making Batman game, I doubt this whole new "software production" will fix this mess where they just fucking suck at not improving the damn tech issues where with all of the money in the world, they make god quality storyline games but don't give a damn of improving that, where I am not buying their freaking games EVER again because of my experience with it on PS3.

As previously stated, I only bought it on the PS3 to save money. It meant I could buy another game as well on the PS4. I would never buy a game on both (played it on PS4 over at a friend's house). Waste of money. I love getting trophies but only try to platinum what I want to play, would never get something just to get the platinum.

Let's hope Telltale have sorted out technical problems in time for their Batman game!

• Like 1

I didn't even know they had done a Jurassic Park game!

when they released the jurassic park game it got mixed to negative reviews all across the globe, the irony a few members from Telltale have created a couple of accounts on Metacritic and all of these accounts gave the game a perfect to high scores which is too suspicious. that was the darkest times Telltale went through.

I got both versions. I let it auto-play for the most part. lol Scary how little you actually gotta do in these games.

when they released the jurassic park game it got mixed to negative reviews all across the globe, the irony a few members from Telltale have created a couple of accounts on Metacritic and all of these accounts gave the game a perfect to high scores which is too suspicious. that was the darkest times Telltale went through.

Jurrasic Park, more like QTE the game.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah can't agree more with the OP.  Even if I got this for only £3.99 during a January 2017 digital sale (got this, TWAU, BTTF even if I already stacked it on PS4 and... drumroll please... Jurassic Park - and someone here says it's much worse than GoT on PS3? Why?), I thought that price was good enough to do a trophy stack since I have "extra money in my account anyway"... It was all "okay" until going past the half part of the game.  The worse part was the "banquet scene" in Chapter 6.  It's unplayable... no sound.. super lag... freezing scenes... dialogues not syncing... basically it's BROKEN!  Had this problem been prominent from the start, I would have hated myself... Usually I leave a TTG in my console to replay later... but this one (on the PS3) got deleted as soon as I got the platinum...

... on the PS4 however... wow wonderful experience and awesome series... this of course is coming from someone who became a GoT fan of the actual HBO series thanks to this game...  Though I have to admit, playing it even on the PS3 after seeing all 6 seasons was more engrossing in terms of following the storyline - you'll understand and appreciate every little tie-up to the show.

So to enjoy this interactive "novel"... Play it on the PS4... and watch the whole show first before playing it... trust me :)

• 4 weeks later...

Telltale's games for ps3 have always been a bit unpolished with a lot of framerrate issues, but omg this port (because I'm sure that they had ps4 and pc as main platforms) is just AWFUL. Almost remembers me to the painful port of TWD S1 on Vita, and in some areas this port is even worse than that, yeah it's that bad.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

I'm inclined to agree. If you're buying a Telltale game and you can buy it on the PS4, avoid the PS3/Vita, because Telltale doesn't really care about those systems. 

only reason I bought on PS3 was because I bought a bulk of games and it worked out cheaper on PS3, TWD and Wolf Among Us I had no problems with, graphics seemed fine and such but Game of Thrones is a bit different.