Dissidia Final Fantasy

Truth be told, I'm more of a fan of Square's other big name RPGs than the FF series as a whole. While I can't help but be hopeful for some sort of one-roster-slot cameo from Dragon Quest, I should keep my expectations realistic and assume we're only getting FF characters, like the game is being advertised for :P

I actually mostly would like to see personifications of various classes, in leiu with Warrior of Light and Onion Knight; namely Black Mage and Red Mage. Black Mage is especially iconic, so I feel he has decent chance to happen.

As far as actual characters go? I'd be surprised to not eventually see at least one more FFVI rep; that game's loaded with good characters, like Locke, Edgar, and Sabin. And if we're getting an FFTactics character, why not someone from Tactics Advance/A2? Or if we REALLY wanna stretch our spin-off boundaries, why not the Chocobo from Chocobo's Dungeon!? ... okay that one's a bit more of a stretch, but I'd main that one '3'

So is there any news yet on the port yet to ps4? I know its going to happen, no reason not too as the arcade was made from the ps4 specs in the first place. So it would be as easy as 1 2 3.

Truth be told, I'm more of a fan of Square's other big name RPGs than the FF series as a whole. While I can't help but be hopeful for some sort of one-roster-slot cameo from Dragon Quest, I should keep my expectations realistic and assume we're only getting FF characters, like the game is being advertised for :P

I actually mostly would like to see personifications of various classes, in leiu with Warrior of Light and Onion Knight; namely Black Mage and Red Mage. Black Mage is especially iconic, so I feel he has decent chance to happen.

As far as actual characters go? I'd be surprised to not eventually see at least one more FFVI rep; that game's loaded with good characters, like Locke, Edgar, and Sabin. And if we're getting an FFTactics character, why not someone from Tactics Advance/A2? Or if we REALLY wanna stretch our spin-off boundaries, why not the Chocobo from Chocobo's Dungeon!? ... okay that one's a bit more of a stretch, but I'd main that one '3'

At some point, they considered adding KH characters (this was for 012). But they changed their minds.

If this gets ported, I could see some characters from other franchises joining as DLC.

• Like 1

At some point, they considered adding KH characters (this was for 012). But they changed their minds.

If this gets ported, I could see some characters from other franchises joining as DLC.

Well, in the highly unlikely event that we DO get cross-franchise DLC, I may as well ramble on about my pie-in-the-sky hopes on who we might get '3'

Knowing that Kingdom Hearts is a highly action-oriented FF-esque game would give Sora high odds of being included. Nothing wrong with having such a happy-go-lucky guy with a moveset like his, I'm sure he'd fit in like a glove and brighten up the roster alongside Zidane and Bartz.

Dragon Quest is a little bit more tricky though, seeing as every single DQ game has its own protagonist; perhaps the one most likely would most likely be considered is the legendary hero of the original Loto trilogy?

TWEWY is extremely unlikely by virtue of how much its aesthetic clashes with FF's, but... technically speaking, Dissidia IS a massive crossover that happens just because the gods wanted to make people fight, so I don't see Neku being TOO much of a stretch. A stretch for sure, but theoretically, just maybe through the magic of DLC :P

The only other big Square property that comes to my mind is Chrono Trigger... a series that many people want to get more love out of, but its also been mostly dormant for a while. Even so, I could see Crono maybe, just maybe, fitting in as easily as a Dragon Quest character...?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope Vincent is in there too. He even got a game of his own, I think he deserves it.

Wouldn't mind Genesis too, the only good thing about Crisis Core.

Guess I played a different Crisis Core, cause mine was awesome from the start to end (I still have th UMD of it).

The problem with some characters is on how to make the unique. Vincent gameplay would be similar to Laguna's.

Also, they cant keep on favor FF7 like that!  ;)

• Like 1

Guess I played a different Crisis Core, cause mine was awesome from the start to end (I still have th UMD of it).

The problem with some characters is on how to make the unique. Vincent gameplay would be similar to Laguna's.

Also, they cant keep on favor FF7 like that!  ;)

I played the same Crisis Core you did.  IMO it is the best Final Fantasy game since X and the soundtrack is incredible.  Zack Fair is right up there with the all time greats when it comes to Final Fantasy characters as well.

As for the Dissidia games, I put about 5 hours into the 2nd and just wasn't feeling it.  By no means does that mean it was a bad game, just not for me.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 1

I played the same Crisis Core you did.  IMO it is the best Final Fantasy game since X and the soundtrack is incredible.  Zack Fair is right up there with the all time greats when it comes to Final Fantasy characters as well.

As for the Dissidia games, I put about 5 hours into the 2nd and just wasn't feeling.  By no means does it mean it was a bad game, just not for me.

I can understand. I played the 1st only with Cloud, but at Duodecim I had more than 200 hours and all characters at max level. This game was a child's dream come true for me.

For this new Dissida, it may not have a story mode - or if it has, it will be just like the ones on Fighting games like Street Fighter and KOF: generic for every character. Which, for me, is a minus. But I will wait to see more before making a final decision.

• 1 month later...