Anyone think we'll get a Mafia 1 and 2 remaster?

EpicNogg4

Hey guys, was wondering if you think we'll see these games get remastered for the PS4. Didn't get a chance to play them and would love to try them out before Mafia III is released. Thoughts?

Doubt Mafia I, but maybe Mafia II. Still, doubt you'll need to play them to get Mafia III.

There's a chance we might see a Mafia 1's PS2 emulation on PS4 with trophy support and 1080p resolution. But I don't know about a proper remaster.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Hey guys, was wondering if you think we'll see these games get remastered for the PS4. Didn't get a chance to play them and would love to try them out before Mafia III is released. Thoughts?

you can also try PS Now, which let you play ps3 games on ps4 using streaming (you need to have a good internet connection). i don't know if they have added mafia 2 yet so i recommend you to take a look at it.

about mafia 1 yeah like someone else said there's a chance it might come as a ps2 emulation like all the other ps2 games on ps4, it will come with trophy support and 1080p like all the other ones already released: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

but i doubt we'll see a full remaster of it, at least for now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Ideally, just like with any game, we get optimized ports of both Mafia (2002) and Mafia II (2010) with all DLC included. Hopefully, we don't end up with a Shadow of the Colossus (2018) scenario; an old classic being remade with the intention of only changing the graphics and controls without any option to experience the original game, essentially a bastardization. 

Although, I have doubts that we'll actually get this, as older games tend to be treated as worthless by the video industry and community as a whole, because they don't feel, look and sound like a contemporary game (which I personally find ridiculous). That said, I wouldn't say it'll never happen. If you own a Ps3 or a decent PC, I would highly recommend playing these two games, especially since they shouldn't be expensive these days.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...