Questions about Cex

KashSenpai

Membership Requirements

CeX membership allows you to sell and trade your items with us at anyone of our UK wide stores or online at our website webuy.com. It’s free and easy to become a member! We have 2 types of membership.

Exchange Membership

You do not need to bring ID to sign up for Exchange Membership.

We just need your name and postcode.

Note: Exchange Membership allows you to trade-in all items except mobile phones and electronic items. If you want to trade-in or sell mobile phones or electronic items, you will need Full Membership. 

Full Membership

Selling to CeX is fast, friendly and fair. Most exchanges don't need ID. If you're exchanging a Phone or selling anything for cash you need a full CeX membership, which is free. 

In England, Northern Ireland and Wales full members must to be at least 16 years old (18 in Manchester) and be able to present ONE of the following ID: 

• Current Signed Passport
  • Valid EU National Identity Card
  • Current UK photocard Driving Licence (full/provisional)
  • Current full paper (old style) UK Driving Licence
  • Disabled Drivers Permit
  • Police/Armed Forces Warrant Card
  • Valid DWP Benefit Book or Card
  • Utility Bill (not more than 6 months old)
  • Valid debit/credit card
  • A current bank/credit union/building society/credit card statement (not more than 6 months old)
  • Valid Council Tax/Rent Book

In Scotland, for all trade-ins you must be at least 16 years old and present proof of address dated within the last 30 days for memberships in our stores in Edinburgh. You also need one of the following forms of ID: 

• Valid Passport
  • UK Photo Drivers License (full/provisional)
  • EU Identity card
  • Police or Armed Forces Warrant card
  • Young Scot card bearing the "PASS" logo
  • Two debit or credit cards

CEX is UK only so I don't think so.

Did anyone else also think this thread was about something else when reading the thread title, or is it just me?

Pretty sure the first thought of many was exactly the same.

The UK stores of CEX do not deliver outside of the UK but they do have stores world wide where people can order from, including...

Australia, India, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the USA.

Recently CEX increased their warranty on all pre-owned items from 12 months - 24 months, which is incredible, I know this is true for the UK as I use the company myself, you may want to check with stores in other countries to see if this is the same there.

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1

So what is the ie.webuy.com website then? Currency is in Euros? So does it mean that you can purchase things from a country like Norway?

ie is for Irish based websites, that would be the site you would use if ordering from Ireland I would assume.