Predator or Grazer?

Sir_Bee

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which type do you prefer?

• Predator
    • Grazer

As the title suggests, which type of animal do you find you enjoy more?

I find that I am playing as more grazers then predators. There is something about that sense of fear that is exciting. That's not to say I haven't played as the predator, I just find the grazers more fun. Also their larger hunger gauge helps out a lot when food becomes more scarce.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer playing as the predators, since I prefer having to fight for something rather than just approaching it (by this I mean food) and running if I get spotted by something that will clearly overpower me. If I had to pick a particular predator, it'd be between the Wolf, Tiger, Panther & Deinonychus (I still have to unlock all 4 of them, but my nearest unlock is the Wolf, I just have to complete the Tosa challenge). Strangely enough, there is no real difference as to how long I survive with predators as opposed to grazers, it all depends on what animals I end up running into (Ever tried fighting a Crocodile with a Pomeranian? It isn't easy. Suffice to say, I got killed, but I did do some decent damage to it.).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I prefer playing as predators, because it seems to be easier to find food and defend yourself most of the time.  However, my highest score thus far is with the porcupine, amusingly enough.  xD

Until I got to the bigger grazers, the porcupine was by far my best animal.  Not exactly sure why.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Still on small animals minus two DLC character packs, but I prefer the grazers. For their larger hunger bar and the thrill I get from kicking a predator to death. If I see one I can sneak up on, I just go for it. My favorite animals tend to fall under the hoofed grazer category, too.

• 2 months later...

grazers because my first one was the the deer and i just love to kill rabbits with them and i also like the hunger because when i mate food is always scarce and it is so much fun to run away from hyena's or kick them to death but my highscore so far was with the chick because i just went to one area then back to another and breed in the same 2 but sadly a stupid golden retriever killed me on my 7th gen and 36th year while i was going to my nest to sleep to become a rooster but still very fun

Edited by seaturtle400

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/8/2019 at 6:36 PM, Midnightwards666 said:

* Snipped *

Everything this guy said.

Ultimately for challenges and attaining trophies you would want to use a predator.  If you have the DLC you will want to use the Panda Bear to complete challenges in order to unlock it's Girls Chool Uniform costume set of 3 pieces.  Yet doing grazers is challenging, it's one thing to just eat animals as a predator to intake calories - which grazers have for plants.  However it's additionally difficult for a Grazer when you need to eat a specific type of plant and the game seemingly will not give you the type you need to eat.  

Not all Grazers can double jump either, the Panda for example cannot.