Overpriced?

Overpriced?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Is buying the games individually OR as a bundle overpriced?

• VERY overpriced!
    • Only a little.
    • If you think they're overpriced, you haven't played them!

While I can see MUA2 being overpriced as it was no where near as good as the first (and it came out on PS3, which many of us had), getting two games for $60 (which is the normal pricing of games nowadays anyways) or one for $40, I personally don't find that bad. In the case of MUA1, while it did come out for PS3, I'm guessing most people had it on the original Xbox or PS2. I had it for the original Xbox.

Here's the thing, there are two reasons why I plan on picking up MUA1 (but NOT MUA2): I have MUA2 on PS3 and was able to play co-op with friends. I never got to play MUA1 online with friends because I didn't have Xbox Live and I have a friend that never played MUA1 online either because he said online for PS2 was a hassle to get working. (His words, not mine, so I don't know how hard or easy it was for others.) The second reason is (and I have nothing to back this up currently) MUA2 will include all DLC, so I'm hoping MUA1 (which had a Heroes and Villains Pack and eight playable characters that I never played because I didn't have Xbox Live to acquire them) will include its own DLC as well.

I've made my opening argument, now it's your turn! Have your say!

Both Ultimate Alliance games are great, but the first one is 10 years old. Unless they seriously overhaul the graphics and add the old DLC, they should definitely not charge $40 for it. Although, I might get it anyway because I loved the first one.

Considering price of other ps2 games we can play on ps4, l would say those are overpriced as hell.

and apparently people don't care since those ps2 games on ps4 are selling very well, at least according to take-two.

they cost that much because of the added stuff, especially trophy support which also needs to be tested. but anyways they are always on sale for half the price.

and apparently people don't care since those ps2 games on ps4 are selling very well, at least according to take-two.

they cost that much because of the added stuff, especially trophy support which also needs to be tested. but anyways they are always on sale for half the price.

The difference being, those are all $10-15 to start with. I believe Milan meant these are way overpriced, when compared to all the other PS2 emulated games on PS4. But then, I don't think these are PS2 games since they include the DLC. That would make them PS3 emulations, no?

The difference being, those are all $10-15 to start with. I believe Milan meant these are way overpriced, when compared to all the other PS2 emulated games on PS4. But then, I don't think these are PS2 games since they include the DLC. That would make them PS3 emulations, no?

Then take Valkyria Chronicles remaster as an example.. it's €20 both digital (with extra wallpapers and avatars for PS4) or retail with a dual side wallpaper (A3 size) and a mini artbook.. plus all previous DLC add in it..

I don't know how much DLC is add on this, but either way, €20-30 is usually the price point for HD remasters on PS3 and PS4 (or €40 when it's a 2-3 game bundle).. So I think that 40 for a single game or event 60 for both, is overpriced..

• Like 1

Then take Valkyria Chronicles remaster as an example.. it's €20 both digital (with extra wallpapers and avatars for PS4) or retail with a dual side wallpaper (A3 size) and a mini artbook.. plus all previous DLC add in it..

I don't know how much DLC is add on this, but either way, €20-30 is usually the price point for HD remasters on PS3 and PS4 (or €40 when it's a 2-3 game bundle).. So I think that 40 for a single game or event 60 for both, is overpriced..

I wouldn't pay that much for them. But it's not really all that insane, when you compare them to say, Square's Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy Remasters. Those launched at $60. They had major work done to them, though. I don't know if these are simply ports or what. But it's Activision. And Disney. Two companies notorious for charging full price for really old shit..

Edited by DamagingRob

Sorry for ambiguity. Rob understand me correct. 14.99 bucks is a price can be considerable as okay but 40 for one ps2 or 60 for two ps2 games is overkill my friends.

I wouldn't pay that much for them. But it's not really all that insane, when you compare them to say, Square's Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy Remasters. Those launched at $60. They had major work done to them, though. I don't know if these are simply ports or what. But it's Activision. And Disney. Two companies notorious for charging full price for really old shit..

While i cannot say anything about Final Fantasy Remaster, Kingdom Hearts was definetly not $60 at launch. Reason i remember this well is cus i have a rule not to buy games that exceed $30-35, and i bought Kingdom Hearts (both) at release day, which was around $35 i believe. Considering that price for 3 games (mostly 2 cus other is just cinematic) then i do think that MUA is a bit overpriced

Edited by Kyl542

While i cannot say anything about Final Fantasy Remaster, Kingdom Hearts was definetly not $60 at launch. Reason i remember this well is cus i have a rule not to buy games that exceed $30-35, and i bought Kingdom Hearts (both) at release day, which was around $35 i believe. Considering that price for 3 games (mostly 2 cus other is just cinematic) then i do think that MUA is a bit overpriced

Those did launch at $40, my bad.. I usually don't pay more than $20 for a game, so even that was too much for me. :/ But if these are PS3 remasters, then you really can't compare them to PS2 remasters/PS2-on-PS4 releases. But I think $20 each would have been a much better starting point. $30-40 does seem high. 

Interesting to read everyone's view points. One thing I would like to point out (that isn't necessarily about this topic at hand that I started) but I think releasing these on PS4 is somewhat of a test. See, there's no guarantee we'll get MUA3. I think the developers want to see if these sell well. If they do, maybe they'll green light MUA3. And if it is already in production and these sell well, maybe they'll fast track it. Maybe this is a prelude to what's coming.

Also, Rob said something that intrigued me. These could be remasters of the PS3 version. I hadn't thought of that, but MUA2 is almost certainly a remaster of the PS3 version. And considering MUA1 was released on PS3 as well (but flew under most people's radar on PS3) it's probably remastered from PS3, too.

Edited by Pirelli913

I don't get why people were comparing the pricing to the PS2 games. Those are basically just upresed emulations with added trophy support and nothing else added. They stated the two MUA games have actual improvement made to them, they're not just straight ports. 1 will almost certainly be based from the PS3 version, because less work.

$40 each is probably a little steep, but I think that's partially to push people to get the bundle of the two. If you aren't interested in them right away either I'm sure you could wait a few months and the bundle will be on sale for like $40 on the store.

Edited by ggamer15
  • Like 1

I don't get why people were comparing the pricing to the PS2 games. 

I think people were just assuming these were more of the PS2 classics being released on the PS4. But since it's been reported there are trophies for the DLC(in at least the 2nd game), I believe it's safe to assume they're not. If they were, then yes, these would be grossly overpriced. Lol. 

• Like 1

Well since they are Activision games, I am assuming they will launch for $30 a piece, just like they did when they re-released Prototype 1&2 on PS4. I also don't think the games will see ANY improvement minus a 1080p resolution. Still holding out for Carnage to come with MUA2 because Prototype 2 came with all the DLC included.

I think people were just assuming these were more of the PS2 classics being released on the PS4. But since it's been reported there are trophies for the DLC(in at least the 2nd game), I believe it's safe to assume they're not. If they were, then yes, these would be grossly overpriced. Lol.

DLC trophies for 2 were basically just squished into the main list, so now the list is just the original + dlc required for the platinum.

Well since they are Activision games, I am assuming they will launch for $30 a piece, just like they did when they re-released Prototype 1&2 on PS4. I also don't think the games will see ANY improvement minus a 1080p resolution. Still holding out for Carnage to come with MUA2 because Prototype 2 came with all the DLC included.

They've already stated theyre $40 each if bought separate. They have also stated there were actual improvements made to the games. Prototype rereleases were basically just straight ports that managed to run worse than the original games did.

• Like 1

DLC trophies for 2 were basically just squished into the main list, so now the list is just the original + dlc required for the platinum.

They've already stated theyre $40 each if bought separate. They have also stated there were actual improvements made to the games. Prototype rereleases were basically just straight ports that managed to run worse than the original games did.

Ah thanks for the info.

Here is a link with some information I think should be added to the OP. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4xbox-onepc-versions-of-marvel-ultimate-alliance/1100-6442151/

This is inaccurate. I'm not sure aboout KH, but I know FFX remastered released for $39.99 and that was with both games.

TBH this was the same way it happened when final fantasy X/X-2 came out....

but then the prices either went down or gone on sale. its going to happen like that eventually.

imo it is rather nice seeing them show up again, i would love to play through them when the time is right.

Edited by kingdrake2

Yeah, Kyl542 already pointed that out. Both did launch at that price; I was mistaken. :/ 

Didn't see it. :P No worries. I think that's usually what they stick to, I'm sure XII will be the same. Capcom lowering DMC4 to $25 shocked me given how much work they did with it. Something like this with a game that hasn't had half as much done to it really irks me.

Didn't see it. :P No worries. I think that's usually what they stick to, I'm sure XII will be the same. Capcom lowering DMC4 to $25 shocked me given how much work they did with it. Something like this with a game that hasn't had half as much done to it really irks me.

Yeah... It is Activision, though. Prototype 1 & 2 are $30 and $40 for PS4... Deadpool is normally $50. I don't know what else they publish besides Call of Duty, but it's probably higher than it should be. 

Edited by DamagingRob