Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (PS2) trophy list thoughts

Finozzi1696

Cool. Never got to play it so I'll check it out. I liked what I saw on Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls and I'm waiting for their next game Detroit: Become Human, so guess I'll have to see what one of their first "interactive movie" has to offer.

Does anyone know when its coming out?

Edited by Gevirein

Cool. Never got to play it so I'll check it out. I liked what I saw on Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls and I'm waiting for their next game Detroit: Become Human, so guess I'll have to see what one of their first "interactive movie" has to offer.

Does anyone know when its coming out?

Tomorrow maybe? I thought the game had already released, but it's because the game actually got delayed. Was supposed to release on July the 18th. Game was set to release in July, and July is nearly over, so either tomorrow, or sometime during August most likely then. I hope it releases tomorrow already though.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

Doesn't look like it'll be on the store today (the PAL one anyway) but it could have a Wednesday release like a few other PS2 games have had.

So glad it has a proper, large list topped off of course with that all important platinum! :D It's actually worth noting that this is the largest PS2 trophy list so far with almost 50 trophies! It's usually been around the 30 mark with platinums and around 12 without. It's even more than Beyond: Two Souls has!

This one says that cheats disable trophies, unlike all the other PS2 games.

GTA San Andreas disables trophies too, but I think this is only the second after that one to do so.

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

My first thought is that I am glad they used different pictures for each trophy unlike *cough* Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls *cough* . lol jk. My real thoughts are that I am glad its coming to PS4 because i never got to play it on PS2 because i was limited on what games i was allowed to play. I've also heard good things about it, so I want to experience this game for myself :D. Dunno whether it'll be a day one buy, but i certainly won't wait long to buy it.

never had the chance to play this before, would rather played it without the trophies but oh well that is why i keep an offline dummy account.

and why would you do that? "would rather play it without the trophies" wtf.

every ps2 game on ps4 comes with trophy support.

Dunno whether it'll be a day one buy, but i certainly won't wait long to buy it.

keep in mind that the most money sony receives with this ps2 emulations the most chances we have to keep getting more ps2 games on ps4 with trophy/platinum support!

i would especially recommend to support since day one those ps2 games that has a platinum like this one, so they can see that platinums are important to us and don't keep getting ps2 emulations without one.

because i do not like trophies, i feel they were a bad idea that was poorly implemented (both trophies and achievements). that is not to say that they could have some merit but i am a fan of options.

that doesn't make sense at all, and you're saying that on a site that revolves around trophies and platinums, how ironic. if they were a bad idea then sites like this wouldn't exist and "trophy hunters" wouldn't exist either.

because i do not like trophies, i feel they were a bad idea that was poorly implemented (both trophies and achievements). that is not to say that they could have some merit but i am a fan of options.

Each to their own but what are you doing on a trophy tracking website then? Get outta here! :P

Only kidding, everyone's welcome. :)

You do have options though: You can turn off trophy notifications so they won't pop up on screen when you get one and you can hide all your trophies so nobody else can see them. Doing those two things effectively turns off trophy support. Trophies are there for people who do want them and they can otherwise be ignored. I'm not sure why you'd need to play on an alternate account though?

• Like 1

Each to their own but what are you doing on a trophy tracking website then? Get outta here! :P

Only kidding, everyone's welcome. :)

You do have options though: You can turn off trophy notifications so they won't pop up on screen when you get one and you can hide all your trophies so nobody else can see them. Doing those two things effectively turns off trophy support. Trophies are there for people who do want them and they can otherwise be ignored. I'm not sure why you'd need to play on an alternate account though?

turning them off and hiding them is just not the same, also i never said they should not exist either. I feel they should add the option to install trophies when you first load a game instead of just throwing them at you, you would be greeted with"Would you like to install trophies" instead of "installing trophies". something like that would still give the trophy hunters their trophies and others would be able to turn them off without using a dummy account.

Or give the option to delete partial to full trophy list, this would provide both sides with something. The trophy hunters can delete and re-plat a game that they really like and try to "improve" their times while a non-trophy hunter can delete list they do not want or like from their account.

This site has one of the best communities for helping other gamers out there whether it be the trophies or the actual game itself. sometimes a trophy guide can help more than a walk-through and trophy guides will usually have fewer spoiler (out side of specific trophies of course).

I will point out Dead Space 2 and 3 they actually make great use of trophies. If for some reason you lose your save file and load up your game after syncing the trophies the game will give you everything you unlocked based on your trophies. I tested this on 2 systems, after backing up all my saves on my main system i then deleted them all and loaded the game.  Every armor and weapon that came at the same time as a trophy (the Foam Finger/Devil Horns for example) was already available at the in-game store when you first arrive there.

I feel more games should follow Dead Space 2&3's example on integrating trophies. It would also give more weight to trophies as a whole.

sorry for the long post

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 2

Oh I see. Well I'd definitely find a use for the ability to delete any list. I have a couple of games I regret so ended up hiding them.

I didn't know that about Dead Space but it sounds like a really good idea. I remember when Sony first announced the trophy system they actually had grand plans for it which never came to fruition, like trophies unlocking bonus content in PlayStation Home etc.

I'm excited to play this again, actually.  Yes, I'm aware of "Indigo Prophecy Syndrome", but I still want to play it again.  Trophies are a huge bonus  :D

I have been a fan of the game for many years now and never knew such term existed xD

I'm excited to play it again too, since I'm also a huge fan of QD's games, and now that it has a Platinum I just need to play it asap! :D

Tomorrow maybe? I thought the game had already released, but it's because the game actually got delayed. Was supposed to release on July the 18th. Game was set to release in July, and July is nearly over, so either tomorrow, or sometime during August most likely then. I hope it releases tomorrow already though.

Damn it. Doesn't seem to be the case. Hope it comes this week, at the latest.

Oh I see. Well I'd definitely find a use for the ability to delete any list. I have a couple of games I regret so ended up hiding them.

I didn't know that about Dead Space but it sounds like a really good idea. I remember when Sony first announced the trophy system they actually had grand plans for it which never came to fruition, like trophies unlocking bonus content in PlayStation Home etc.

Yeah at least the way Dead Space2/3 did something to make them useful. and i remember hearing about their plans that all dried up. but it is what it is, so unless i really enjoy a game i use the dummy account then usually return the game to gamefly.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

still weird.

anyways, why indigo prophecy? isn't the original name "fahrenheit"? same thing happened with "dark cloud 2" instead of "dark chronicle".

guess this site prefers to always use the US version.

Because 'murica. 

Obama created this site.

I also prefer Fahrenheit over Indigo Prophecy. IMO that title is a big spoiler.

still weird.

anyways, why indigo prophecy? isn't the original name "fahrenheit"? same thing happened with "dark cloud 2" instead of "dark chronicle".

guess this site prefers to always use the US version.

I prefer Indigo Prophecy, but most people also prefer Fahrenheit, including David Cage himself. Both are rad names though still. And I did not know that Dark Cloud actually goes by Dark Chronicle, cool. Fahrenheit is the European version, so I guess the version we got is U.S., rather than preference based off people who prefer another form of the game's title.

I prefer Indigo Prophecy, but most people also prefer Fahrenheit, including David Cage himself. Both are rad names though still. And I did not know that Dark Cloud actually goes by Dark Chronicle, cool. Fahrenheit is the European version, so I guess the version we got is U.S., rather than preference based off people who prefer another form of the game's title.

actually "dark cloud 2" is the only one known as dark chronicle on both japan and EU, it was changed to dark cloud 2 in NA just so people could see it belonged to the same franchise and thus secure profits, although the second game didn't had much to do with the first one.

you could say that fahrenheit is the real name of the game, it was changed for the NA release because hollywood released a movie in the same year as the game that was also called fahrenheit, so in order to not confuse people about if they are related or not that's why it was changed to indigo prophecy.

i meant to say that i kind of dislike how this site only shows the US names instead of the original ones. japan created dark chronicle and that's its original name, and it was only named dark cloud 2 in NA, but still this site use "dark cloud 2" instead of dark chronicle.

same with using indigo prophecy instead of fahrenheit, or showing "bully" and not "canis canem edit" -but rockstar is a US company so bully is its original name-. sadly this may also cause trouble with people of different countries knowing the game with a different name and not used to the NA name. but this might also apply vice versa if that was the case.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited to play this again, actually.  Yes, I'm aware of "Indigo Prophecy Syndrome", but I still want to play it again.  Trophies are a huge bonus  :D

Can't wait to play it again. 

This one says that cheats disable trophies, unlike all the other PS2 games.

My first thought is that I am glad they used different pictures for each trophy unlike *cough* Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls *cough* . lol jk. My real thoughts are that I am glad its coming to PS4 because i never got to play it on PS2 because i was limited on what games i was allowed to play. I've also heard good things about it, so I want to experience this game for myself :D. Dunno whether it'll be a day one buy, but i certainly won't wait long to buy it.

just wanted to let you all know that fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on both the US Store and the EU Store!