Spark Runner on the Vita via PS Now

DeadStanley

Just a warning to anyone with a PS Now subscription looking to get all of the trophies for Bentley's Hackpack (PS3 version):

Be sure to have access to a PS3/4 (DualShock 3/4). If you plan to play using a Vita, you will have a near impossible time getting all of the challenge medals on the Spark Runner mini-game. The motion controls from the DualShock don't translate well to the Vita, forcing you to hold the machine in an odd way in order to move about. I tried the mini-game on a DS4 and it worked great. I'd assume the DS3 works just as well if not better considering it's the native hardware for the title.

• Like 1

You don't need all of the challenge medals, especially if you get all of them from the other 2 minigames, so if you can get the easy ones just go for those and see how many you still need after reaching the final level. You only need 311 total

Right, but if you max out the medals in the other games you still need 89 of them in Spark Runner, which is pretty significant requiring completing about 18 of the stages with a 5-medal rating. I think some of the prize nodes tend to give medals anyway, so maybe it will amount to 16 or so stages in the end, but I don't know just yet.

I'm having a tough time with the score challenges on this one. It seems like sometimes I get 10,000 points per run of linked nodes, and other times 20,000 from the same set. I think the order you pick them up in has something to do with it, maybe the speed as well. I'll probably omit those challenges, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be incomplete regardless of the trophy requirement.

• Like 1