RealM722's Trophy Cabinet

realm722

Thanks to davd1d_123 doing some co-op with me I was able to finish up Tiny Brains! Beastly dude and we finished them up with ease.

Spoiler
Spoiler

8c33a3526a8f10667ee7ef0ea2c99b48.jpeg

RealM722's Movies Watched in 2023 Year-In-Review

INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPH

pOIeq1i.png

PARAGRAPH TALKING ABOUT THE TWO HUNDRED

Most Watched Dir.         Most Watched Act.      Mesmerizing Woman        

B2AScr9.jpg --- Jx4us1E.jpg --- GOvHbp8.jpg

Nominations

Most Watched Director: (Akira Kurosawa, Denis Villeneuve, Quentin Tarantino, Stanley Kubrick, Yasujirō Ozu)

Most Watched Actor: (Al Pacino, James Caan, Keanu Reeves, Sylvester Stallone, Toshiro Mifune)

Mesmerizing Woman: (Andy Allo in Upload, Chel in Road to El Dorado, Kyōko Kishida in An Autumn Afternoon, Pam Grier in Jackie Brown, Sydney Tamiia Poitier in Death Proof)

Analysis: ???

Worst Movie                       Worst Actor                   Worst Actress

CNSGkuS.jpg --- wyI51VB.jpg --- W5M3xUf.jpg

Nominations

Worst Movie: (Brian's Song, Now You See Me 2, White Men Can't Jump 2023, Wonder Woman 1984)

Worst Actor: (Jack Harlow in White Men Can't Jump 2023, James Caan in Brian's Song, Joaquin Phoenix in The Master)

Worst Actress: (Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman 1984, Sofia Coppola in The Godfather Part III, Storm Reid in Missing)

Kept Thinking About      "I Just Didn't Get It"             Best Tension            

oRaFZ32.jpg --- Fji20iH.jpg --- z4slXeo.jpg

Nominations

Kept Thinking About: (Barry Lyndon, Children of Men, Draft Day, My Dinner with Andre, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty)

"I Just Didn't Get It": (2001: A Space Oydssey, Ikiru, Paris Texas, Persona, Rashomon)

Best Tension: (Hell or High Water, Inglourious Basterds, Leon: The Professional, Prisoners, Sicario)

Best Animated             Best International              Best Dialogue      

FHjyTEc.jpg --- 8tjjJhj.jpg --- Lg9P7r8.jpg

Nominations

Best Animated: (Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, The Lego Movie, The Road to El Dorado)

Best International: (Autumn Sonata, Children of Men, High and Low, Seven Samurai, Triangle of Sadness)

Best Dialogue: (A Few Good Men, Death Proof, Inglourious Basterds, Jackie Brown, My Dinner with Andre)

Best Action                     Best Romance                  Best Comedy

xwMmKEC.jpg --- vW800FF.jpg --- s6gjrpg.jpg

Nominations

Best Action: (John Wick: Chapter 2, John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum, Kill Bill: Volume 1, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Mechanic)

Best Romance: (500 Days of Summer, All I See Is You, A Star is Born, Licorice Pizza, Pretend That You Love Me)

Best Comedy: (Blazing Saddles, Idiocracy, Not Another Teen Movie, No Hard Feelings, Popstar: Never Stop Stopping)

Best Music                         Best Scene                   Best Screenplay

U6DpgRl.jpg --- W0pmehX.jpg --- 2u9Smc7.jpg

Nominations

Best Music: (Amadeus, Barry Lyndon, Howl's Moving Castle, Titanic, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty)

Best Scene: (Coin Toss in No Country for Old Men, De niro v. Pacino in Heat, Hyman Roth in The Godfather Part II, I'm Not Leaving in The Wolf of Wall Street, Sink in Titanic)

Best Screenplay: (Children of Men, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Jackie Brown, Jurassic Park, Triangle of Sadness)

Best Animal                  Best Sup. Actor             Best Sup. Actress  

UwIkC39.jpg --- sPkhKqX.jpg --- c20hpjt.jpg

Nominations

Best Animal: (Dog in John Wick 2, Jonesy in Alien, Pikachu in Detective Pikachu, Rat Willem Dafoe in Fantastic Mr. Fox, Velociraptors in Jurassic Park)

Best Supporting Actor: (Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds, Julius Carrey in The Last Dragon, Ke Huy Quan in EEAO, Paul Bettany in M&C, Robert Forster in Jackie Brown)

Best Supporting Actress: (Debra Winger in An Officer and a Gentleman, Dolly de Leon in Triangle of Sadness, Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada, Stephanie Hsu in EEAAO)

Best Actress                       Best Actor                      Best Director

ad09rFy.jpg --- ikcyZk7.jpg --- KG6aijd.jpg

Nominations

Best Actress: (Cate Blanchett in Tár, Emily Blunt in Sicario, Keira Knightley in Colette, Michelle Yeoh in EEAAO, Pam Grier in Jackie Brown)

Best Actor: (Al Pacino in Godfather, Casey Affleck in Manchester By the Sea, Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men, James Mason in Lolita, Takashi Shimura in Seven Samurai)

Best Director: (Francis Ford Coppola for The Godfather, Ethan & Joel Coen No Country for Old Men, Quentin Tarantino for Jackie Brown, Stephen Spielberg for Jurassic Park)

Best Movie of 2023

2KQM8om.jpg

Nominations

Best Picture: (Everything Everywhere All At Once, Interstellar, Jackie Brown, Jurassic Park, Lolita, Manchester by the Sea, Master & Commander, No Country for Old Men, Seven Samurai, Titanic, The Godfather, The Wolf of Wall Street, Triangle of Sadness)

Edited by realm722

Alright so I'd say I finished up NBA2k16 for all the trophies I wanted to bother going after!

I was able to get "Extra Effort" by scoring on 10 post moves with gold DeMarcus Cousins in one of the Domination games.

I picked up "Iced Out" after purchasing Diamond Isiah Thomas for around 52k MyTeam points(he ain't that great btw)

I snagged "History Lesson" after conquering the whole NBA, All-Star Teams, and the All-MyTeam squad.

Finally picked up "I'm Going Places" after dominating 2v2 with TheDISOBEYER winning 5 games in a row.

Some of the ones I wasn't able to pick up were "The First of Many" because I believed it glitched out on me. I couldn't get "What's My Line?" but I fell just 1 shy of a rebound on a 8 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists game. Finally "Max Contract" trophy I tried so many different ways to get but couldn't achieve it. Overall, finishing with 70% completion on the game when so few people have the platinum and many of the trophies involve BS stuff like runes, pretty happy with how I finished it. Hoping I'll enjoy 2k17 more when it drops in a few months from a "just for fun" perspective. I'll also say I'm done with FIFA 16 just cause I don't wanna bother with 2 bronze trophies. 

Edited by realm722

knack1.jpg

So I haven't posted in one of these in awhile for good reason... I platinumed a new game for myself, Knack!

I want to give a bit of background first of all. I actually got the game around 2-3 months back and never bothered with it since I was busy with other games. Eventually, I wrapped up trophies in many other games and really was only playing 1 game consistently purely for fun and that was MLB The Show 16(franchise mode baby). I still really enjoyed it, but I also wanted a downtime game to mess with that I didn't have to think and could just play mindlessly, Knack fit that mold. Boot it up and start playing with it and I went through the 1st playthrough on Easy and watched all of the cutscenes and all of that, enjoyed it for the most part. I had noticed it got a lot of hate since it was the launch game for PS4, but it honestly isn't as bad as many people claim it to be. I should add I picked it up for just $15 so that probably swayed the way I felt about the game. 

Anyways, after playing it through the 1st time... I figured I'd go for the platinum. Had some solid %'s and all so I figured it was manageable. Go through my 2nd playthrough on Easy again just to collect all of the chests. I miss one in 4.2 but it's all good because I didn't get all the crystals I needed anyway. Finally I do a full 3rd playthrough again on Easy just to pick-up that one I missed. I had to go all the way to chapter 3 in a 4th playthrough in order to collect the last few diamonds and all to get Diamond Knack. Banged out a TON of the trophies in the extra content(coliseum & time attacks) as well as a variety of other miscellaneous ones. Only 3 trophies left to get... Beating the game on Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. This is the point where I began to hate the game. Paritally my fault for playing on easy forever, but holy crap the curve when playing on hard was infuriating. Getting 1-hit killed, regardless I persevered and beat the game and only had to deal with the Very Hard mode. I blame myself for starting this on August 5th and beating it on August 12th, because I think spacing it out would have saved much frustration(screw you 5.4 red eye & katrina's mech in 11.5)

Overall, in retrospect, I enjoyed it. It's an easy-beat'up if you play on Easy or Normal. Frustrating if you go any higher than that. The story is a bit forgettable but the Doctor/Knack make it salvageable. I'm glad I got the game and now I'm glad I've beaten it(and likely played it for the last time, in all honesty)

Panda Score: 6 out of 10 pandas.

Edited by realm722
  • Like 1

AdventureTime.jpg

I am back sooner than I thought it would be, but I am with another platinum! This time a vastly different game... Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations!

So just a little bit after beating Knack entirely, I decided to go once again to my back-log and found a game I had also gotten a couple of months ago but never bothered around with. I'll pre-face my experience with the game saying I have never watched the television show and yet I still thoroughly enjoyed the game. It's obviously more aimed towards general but there are a number of humorous moments. Jake is great, many likable characters like Marceliene, Flame Princess, Prince Bubblegum. A fantastic guide created by themindisacity made it so I wouldn't miss a trophy and have to start an entirely new playthrough from scratch. A few puzzles that will make you think for a second, but none that will make you tear your head out and get super frustrated. Overall, I enjoyed it and very much appreciated the effort put into the story.

Panda Score: 7 out of 10 pandas.

• 8 months later...

fifa-17_1aswt3f99sbho1ql92ojpkhzzg.jpg?t

Game: FIFA 17

Analysis: Boy... do you wanna talk about a platinum.

So I had done the vast majority of FIFA 17 trophies right when the game first came out. Recently was determined to do the last remaining few that involved Pro Clubs and I got some serious help from the gaming sessions from the likes of LFCLukeozade and RobbieT6-. The last trophy I needed to get was the "Trial of Power" trophy that involved winning all 4 matches on an Online FUT Draft. I had been playing FIFA consistently yet not once this year had decided to enter. Since I had no stacked up 1.2M coins, and it was the last trophy I needed for the platinum, I went after it. It costs 15,000 coins to enter each time and the first 3 attempts failed miserably with 1st Round Exits including blowing a 3-0 lead in the 1st half. Went back in again and won 3-0 the first game, 3-1 the second game, and 3-2 in the third game. I was headed to the Finals for the first time...

My opponent had a pretty studly team. FUT Birthday Sturridge, 98 Ronaldo, Hazard, Kante, Dybala, Casemiro, Ozil, etc... I had a decent squad with Messi, Neymar, and Griezzmann. Anyways, the match starts well for me and I picked up a 26th minute goal with Griezmann. Woohoo!... then he scores with Casemiro in the 30th to basically deflate me. This dude was beatable. But then... things fell apart. In the 65th minute I stupidly gave the ball away and instead of allowing a break-away, I slid in with Aleix Vidal, breaking Daniel Sturridge's legs, and earning myself a red card. The remaining 90 minutes I held on for dear life. He hit the post in the 101st minute. He should have scored with Sturridge in the 105th. I was holding out for penalties at this moment.

Then in the 120th minute I had my Eden Hazard in his top left hand corner of the screen. I managed to evade past Mats Hummels and then I saw it... like the red sea parting for Moses, Antoine Griezmann had broken free of his man in Thiago Silva and Felipe Luis. I lightly tap the square button on my controller... the ball floats... Dani Alves can't comeback to block him and GOLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GRIEZMANN SCORES IN THE 120TH MINUTE TO WIN ME THE MATCH, WIN ME THE DRAFT, AND ULTIMATELY WIN ME THE PLATINUM!!!

Panda Score: 9 out of 10 pandas. (flaws and all)

Edited by realm722
  • Like 3

652016.jpg

Back-to-back platinums within a span of a few days... woo!

So Need for Speed Rivals was actually my first game ever on Playstation 4. I believe it was the game I got when it came out, and thus I played it ages ago. I wasn't exactly all that interested in trophies back then so getting them didn't matter to me. Played the game for a bit, it was alright, but then games like MLB The Show joined the fray and NFS got hung up on the shelf. Now that I decided to go back through my older game catalogs and pick up some trophies, I figured it would be a great game to go after. I got some help for the multiplier trophies from the likes of HK_louis10022hk and GioVB. Then it was all me. I saw some people say the game was incredibly easy but some parts were most definitely tricky for me, as a racer especially. The cops would always wreck me but eventually I overcame, and after like 8+ attempts on "The Grand Tour" final for Rank Racer 60 I won. Cop trophies went by pretty fast and I picked up the platinum. Good overall game that I enjoyed and am happy to have 100%'d.

Panda Score: 7 out of 10 pandas. 

Edited by realm722

• 3 months later...

madden-18-brady-og.jpg

Been quite some time for trophy hunting but with a spring of sports games around the corner, they'll come rolling in.

How was Madden 18's trophies? Shockingly easy. Easier than the last 2 years. Full Set took awhile but kept plucking off each team in 1-min games to get used to the new game mechanics. Obviously legacy scores are easy once you know the trick. Didn't take awhile to do any of the in-game trophies. Longshot was the trickiest one of all. It was the first thing I played when the game came out and I played it through on Day #1 but missed a number of trophies. Had to go back through and play a 2nd time and eh... some parts I had to restart and watch over the cutscenes which sucked but I got the high IQ + perfect steer + beating Dan Marino in the army field and boom the platinum popped. It'll even be immortalized as I was the 47th fastest person on PSN Profiles to achieve it which is pretty cool. 3rd straight year I've platinumed Madden so it takes over my trophy cabinet as well. Franchise Mode will be fun when the season kicks off too.

Panda Score: TBA

• 6 months later...

homepage-share.jpg

So FIFA 18... hmm... game that always receives a fair amount of controversy.

Personally, I've loved it this year. Got the plat for FIFA 17, so figured I would go ahead and get it again for the new iteration. Right out of the gate on the first day I was able to get a crap ton of the really easy trophies. A few of the other ones took a few days, but I was able to take the Online Seasons / FUT Draft one in 2 weeks. Finally, with the help of foolekdu92 I was able to get the remaining Online Friendlies and Pro Clubs trophies today for the platinum! Really awesome job by him to carry me. Overall I've enjoyed the game for FUT, but mostly cause of career mode and managing Crystal Palace to major success in a dynasty I have. Fun game.

Panda Score: 8/10

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: The Witness

Alright... I FINALLY FREAKING GOT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!! Initially starting playing in the summer of 2016 and had a ton of fun because of how gorgeous the game was, though I will admit the puzzles could be tricky as hell sometimes. Love the landscape and how beautifully crafted the world is. Eventually go through the first ending, and finish the game in a few days. Then the monstrosity, of THE CHALLNGE becomes apparent. Only trophy you can not get by cheating/looking at solutions since it's randomly generated. Today, for whatever reason, I decided to give it another crack though the tetris puzzles and the triangles gave me the biggest problems. THANKFULLY, I did not go at this alone instead with the help of two puzzle solvers:

Tetris Solver

Triangle Solver

aaand after 18 attempts, I got a lucky run, blew through the triangle section, did the pillars carefully, and BOOM I had gotten the platinum. 1 year + 8 months since I initially started playing. The opening of the blocked gate and that box was also so satisfying... I am now apart of the 14.6%! Highly encourage anyone who enjoys puzzles to check it out.

Panda Score: 7/10 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: MLB The Show 18

Analysis: I need to do some catching up on these since I've been ignoring them as of late. Achieved just about a week after the games release, this is easily the fastest platinum to get on an MLB The Show game in quite some time. Very easy trophies across the board, albeit the Road to the Show ones took a minute, enjoying the game with my rebuilding Marlins franchise, gotta get back to it though. 

Edited by realm722

ratchetclank.jpg

Game: Ratchet & Clank

This is the first game I ever downloaded when it was free for PS Plus Members. I didn't know what to expect since I had never played a Ratchet & Clank game but it was seriously enjoyable. I never felt the grind was too extreme in any one direction. I can see how upgrading the Grooveitron would be a nightmare for some people if they just missed 1 enemy type, but getting all the weapons and beating the game again was no biggie. Not a phenomenal game, but it was free so how can I complain?

• 2 months later...

s5-0bb21f144c07013cfaecba0aff2f014f.jpg

Game: Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders

Analysis: This is a 100% and not a platinum game which is a bit of a bummer but it was still fun flying through this. I did use a guide cuz it was a game I had stashed forever and wanted to blow through but nonetheless I really enjoyed it. Playing as Poirot as this French detective was really fun for the laughs, and some of the humor amongst the characters was good. Some puzzles got me stuck to the point where I had to YouTube them but I got through it. At the end I had to make a cloud save since two of the trophies have different branches, but once I scooped that up it was all done. Very decent little game all in all. 

Panda Score: 6/10

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Tiny Brains

Analysis: So this was a game I actually played in July of 2016 which is when I went hard at it. I got an insanely difficult trophy in Jules Mode (1.52% rarity) that only 9 people after me have also gotten. I then got a bunch of the random multiplayer trophies with another user in dav1d_123 who's actually a Top 50 User Worldwide when it comes to level score and I had 0 clue about that at the time. Still, there was one last trophy in using 4-players that I didn't get. I forgot about it, but then this past April said "hey, why not try that controller trick?" did it and got the 100% and added it to my completion arsenal! It was a very fun little puzzle game and surprisingly solid for a silly concept. Tiny Brains, evil chicken, good times.

• Like 1

321b7922b42e5c88f91b34dbf09d09eedd455bfc

Game: Oxenfree

Analysis: Do you want to talk about a pleasant and shockingly enjoyable experience for me? I started to dabble in getting games on sales(yea, never really done it before) and I saw this one, Oxenfree, on a Playstation Access video that peaked my curiosity and I got it when it was on sale for $5 in April. I had no idea what to expect and if it would be too scary(I don't play scary games, so my 1st playthrough was very intense and I played blind) and I just loved the dialogue system. They managed to make a group of teenagers talking amongst each other not unbelievably cringeworthy and actually an enjoyable experience. The pay-off on the 2nd playthrough was even more worth it due to how the game changed realizing you were stuck in this cycle of living the same day over and over again. I did have to do 4 playthroughs since in one I forgot to put Ren and Nona together but overall, Alex makes a great protagonist and I HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone when it goes on sale for $5 since there hasn't been another game I've found that has replicated it's unique dialogue system.

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Need for Speed ~ Payback

Analysis: I got this for $20 when it was on sale since I was getting another itch to play a racing game since the last one I platinum'd was Need for Speed: Rivals back in May 2017. I've gotta say, I think NFS: Payback is a thoroughly above average racing game. The story is awful but hilarious in that you can make fun of it for the cringey acting, but in terms of the game as a whole it has some good races and 3-staring the activities is a lot of fun as you inch closer and closer to getting better. Finding some Roaming Racers and all the tokens was a little bit of an annoying grind, but overall especially for $20 or cheaper you're talking about getting a very solid modern casual racing game. Decent 10% platinum rarity on it as well!

Panda Score: 7.5/10

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Fe

Analysis: This was a more obscure game I stumbled upon when I saw it was on sale for $10. It's an EA Original, and I had no idea what to expect going in. Turns out you play as this cute wolf-like character and slowly acquire abilities of animals over time visiting new areas. There are these weird demon creatures that are sort of your enemy throughout the entire game. In terms of getting the platinum, it's at 25.41% rarity right now so none of the trophies are too tricky. Unlocking all of the abilities was a tad annoying with backtracking('specially since the final ability you get at the end of unlocking everything would have made it 10x easier) but it was a decent little experience. 

Edited by realm722

ChessUltra_Trailer_Thumbnail_02.jpg

Game: Chess Ultra

Analysis: I got Chess Ultra for $6.50 cuz I was bored and wanted a newer game to play and it was on sale so I said screw it. Overall, the mere concept of Chess I actually became fascinated with because of this game. I was very intrigued by the history of chess, and watched a whole documentary on Bobby Fischer, his matches against Boris Spassky, and also how he went crazy towards the end of his life. Also did a bit of a deep dive into Garry Kasparov and the Norwegian guy right now Magnus Carlsen who has been dominating the universe of chess for awhile now. The aesthetics are very pleasing, but finally, what about the trophies? Well, due to the fact that for some reason they decided to require you to get them against a different account, it made them a huge pain in the butt. No one is really playing this online, and thus you're gonna have to use gaming sessions to get a lot of these done. I got the Win 20 Tournaments rotating 4 accounts, then realized that to get 32 player tournament I was looking at an insanely daunting task. Then another user, SpaceCoresDad, was amazing and gave me the passwords and codes to all of the accounts he used to boost this. After 2-3 hours, I got the 32-player tournament trophy and got my platinum! At 4.70% rarity at the moment it's quite fancy, and I appreciate the game for cultivating some of my interest in the timeless game but since you can't play local co-op with 2 controllers... it takes a hit from a 7/10 to 6.2/10 since that's unacceptable.

Panda Score: 6.2/10

• 4 weeks later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Absolute Drift: Zen Edition

Analysis: This was a game I took a flyer on. I loved the way it looked when reviewing games on sale since it was super clean around July 4th, and it was only $4.80 so I figured why not. Oh my goodness, this game is magnificent. I love the clean style and aesthetic and it has some great looking trophy designs(My 20th platinum, the buddha symbol is fantastic) and the game itself was really freaking fun. I really struggled with drifting at the start and wondered if it was a game I would actually be able to platinum. Over time, I got the hang of it and eventually all I need was "The Completionist" trophy which meant fulfilling all of the event challenges. Some of the midnight ones were really tough but the game has this awesome vibe of making you feel like you're progressing and getting closer and closer to your target goal. Eventually after a couple days of trying I achieved it and got my 20.24% platinum! I'm honestly surprised it's that high and expected it to be more in the 10-15% range but hey, for only 5.5k owners it makes sense. Highly recommend this game to anyone looking for a fun little challenge to keep themselves entertained for a week. 

ss_c4d1e90057c5c4f81efc2e41325fc6f88a9ac

Game: Catlateral Damage

Analysis: Got this during a July sale as a flyer option since I had heard a few opinions it wasn't so bad. The "trailer" on the PS Store does a horrible cringey job of selling it. It was on sale for $2.99 though so I figured it was worth the risk regardless. The fact it has a platinum rarity of 30.35% also enticed me since I have 0 interesting in playing games like Mayo or Mr. Massagy since those 90% platinum games drag all your stats down. I don't care about pure volume stats like plats or level by boosting them like that, hence Catlateral Damage didn't really hurt me in that department. In terms of the actual game, it's spamming R2 and waiting on stuff like catching 10 mice, and I wouldn't even really call it fun but it wasn't an unbearable chore either. It only took a day for me to get the platinum. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you want an easy plat with decent rarity, snatch it up when it's on sale for $3. 

Panda Score: 5/10

• 2 weeks later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: The Unfinished Swan

Analysis: My first mere 100% completion game as opposed to a platinum in quite some times. We all know what The Unfinished Swan is, It has 46k owners on PS3 and 82k owners on PS4. I finally got my hands on it when it went on sale for $2.99 since that's the cheapest it's gone since being free back in 2015. Played through the story and got all the little collectibles, it was a very pretty experience and I get why it was praised upon release. The biggest and most painful trophy to get is "Minimalist" where you're basically shooting at the hip blind without the ability to use more than 3 ink balls. I watched a guide for it, failed the first time, took a day off, and then got it the following day on my 1st attempt. It has a sub-10% 100% completion rate which is pretty cool, glad I experienced it given the cool story revolving around the king and I'd recommend it for that cheap to anybody.

Edited by realm722

Valley.jpg

Game: Valley

Analysis: Got this game for $5.99 back in July, as of right now it's on sale for $3.99 so... you could get it cheaper now. The movement style in this game was unique and a bit intriguing due to the sheer amount of speed you can pick up at certain points. The combat was nothing special. The story was pretty meh. I thought it was a thoroughly mediocre game that didn't offer much else other than being able to jump some cool lengths and distances. In terms of trophies, nothing tricky since I was following a guide. 

Panda Score: 5.5/10 

Edited by realm722

tx2hsi9yboimr4aqeold

Game: Madden NFL 19

Analysis: Got the game on August 10th and since I'm a hardcore football fan, no waiting for it to go on sale or down in price. Went hard after the trophies right away and got a fair amount of the Longshot trophies done. Continued on the 11th and wrapped up the story, it was nothing special and overall a huge disappointment. Finally on the 13th I got the chemistries trophy and wrapped up winning a single game with all 30 NFL teams to unlock the platinum. Pretty freaking cool that I was the 22nd fastest on PSNProfiles to get the platinum! Considering it's a game with a 4.05% platinum rarity I'm very happy with that. In terms of how I feel about Madden as a game, it's the same old deal. The franchise mode is unbelievably under-whelming and surface level while everything gets tossed into Ultimate Team, a mode I simply don't care to get invested in. I did play A LOT of Online Head-To-Head early on and got really invested into that after sucking early on and then rattling off like a 12-game winning streak. Haven't touched it in well over a month and a half, may get back to it at some point but the 5-5 Dolphins IRL aren't giving me much of an itch to go back and play.

Panda Score: 6.5/10

Edited by realm722

share_default.jpg

Game: The Sims 4

Analysis: I made the perfect purchase by getting Sims 4 when it went down to $19.99 back at the very start of August. I promised myself to wait on picking it up until it went that cheap since $25 was still a bit too rich. Since then, the two times it's been on sale it's risen to $25, so hey, great purchase. In terms of the game itself, man I forgot how fun Sims was. I had Sims 3 on Xbox 360 from ages ago but the new edition after not playing in forever was a delight. I never bothered to purchase any of the DLC packs but if you add that content on top of everything you'll have stuff to keep you entertained days on end. The vast majority of the trophies are sub-15% rarity so that adds to how valuable they are. An over-whelming majority of the trophies is reaching the peak Level 10 of a career or skill, and I did all of that with one character that had many wives(for the Black Widow trophy) and went through quite a bit. The nightmare Triple Play trophy requiring triplets took me 64 pregnancies but finally it paid off. I haven't touched Sims 4 since getting my 2.10% rarity platinum but I genuinely would like to go back and just mess around since the game is that fun to just hang around in. 3 weeks well spent, thanks EA. 

Edited by realm722
  • Like 1