RealM722's Trophy Cabinet

realm722

another-world-3-1180x738.jpg

Game: Another World

Analysis: A free game from September. Easy 100% with a 35% rarity for completion so I figured why not. In terms of stuff I remember from this game I know there was a guard guy helping me and a few times those snatchers killed me and made me reset a level but honestly this is a bit of a nothing game. Something I played just to have it on my resume, and now whenever I compare accounts it is overwhelmingly the most common game that pops up. Some of the controls were a bit janky, nothing special but it only takes an hour so why not do it. Oh, that gorilla thing was also pretty funny that first time playing. 

Panda Score: 5/10

Edited by realm722

rl_platform_keyart_2019.309bf22bd29c2e41

Game: Rocket League

Analysis: I got this platinum back in July of 2016 and acquired it originally when it was free on PSN Plus. I had a blast from the start and have played on and off ever since. Still in my downloaded games section and I love to just hop on every now and then to play. Best I've done were some Gold ranks over the various seasons, and I always managed to do better in 1 v 1's since whenever I play 3 v 3's it's with randoms, since, yanno, no friends. I feel like if you don't know what Rocket League is at this point than you've been living under a rock, but it's an incredibly fun game where cars knock about a soccer ball trying hit it into the goal. It's awesome, and try it if you haven't since it is worth whatever it's price is. In terms of the trophies, nothing difficult at all really. It has a 21.37% platinum rarity since with 560k+ owners a lot of those just play it casually. Some of the DLC trophies took me a minute, and I got the latest batch involving the Club Update with a beast of a fellow user named MKDeon666 back in early September. Bro helped me get the all of the trophies and in general his account looks beastly. Get Up, Mr. Bubbles also took me a second to get. 

Panda Score: 8.5/10

Edited by realm722

WCCFburnoutparadise2-1.jpg

Game: Burnout Paradise Remastered

Analysis: Got a classic that I had never touched before back in September when it was $15, and now it's even cheaper. I had no idea what to expect since I figured it was going to be a fun racing game given the fact many recommended it over the Need for Speed games, but still when a game is aged it will have some bad flaws. The fact there was no quick travel features to hop around was pretty bad, and the rubber-banding AI was also pretty piss poor occasionally. Still, I had a good time with the game given the fact it had some cool races and modes as well as the fun challenges. Got the Burnout License, and managed to get the 8 players in Wildcat Stadium by doing the offline method of getting all the cars there during a Offline Road Rage. Got a few more DLC trophies and am on 84% completion but I don't think I'll go back to it to get the full 100%. I'm happy with my 18.67% platinum, and I do recommend it(especially for it cheaper at $9) if you wanna have a fun racing classic to play through. 

Panda Score: 7/10

• 2 weeks later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Gravity Rush Remastered

Analysis: I can't quite remember if there was anything specifically that pushed me to buy Gravity Rush Remastered, other than knowing from many that it was a very great game. I got it when it was on sale in late August for $10.49 and holy crap is it one of the best purchases I've ever made. It just has one of the most unique gameplay mechanics allowing you to flip the world on it's head and go anywhere you desire. Initially honestly, I was terrified of it since that feeling of falling away into nothingness is terrifying, so I was very jittery with the controls at first. I had no idea there was combat in the game either so diving into that was also fun with Cat's kicks and dive attacks. In terms of the story and aesthetics, the game is so frigging charming. Cat is so damn lovable and cute and the interactions with common-folk is nice. I thought the comic book-esque introductions to new chapters was also very delightful. Raven also made for a very interesting companion throughout. In terms of trophies, nothing was too challenging and it makes since given the 26.73% platinum rarity. Some gold challenges may take you an extra attempt or two but nothing that's inconceivable. I also thought the DLC packs were very cool(maid outfit 10/10) with the toughest challenge being putting out all the fires on the Special Forces Pack. All in all, Gravity Rush is one of my favorite PS4 games ever and I highly recommend it to anyone regardless of their tastes. I now anticipate playing GR2 when I catch it on sale next!

Panda Score: 9/10

Edited by realm722

• 3 weeks later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Peggle 2

Analysis: In a single sentence, Peggle 2 is best described as one of the best mind-numbing games to play while you're watching/listening to something else. That's not an insult, but in fact a compliment. You know the game. Hit as many pins as possible with the unique character trait you have and check off the objectives. It's fun, and you don't have to constantly be looking up a guide to make sure you don't miss a missable trophy like I have to worry about when playing other games. It took me just a hash over 1 week to platinum it, and given it's 14.29% platinum rarity and 9.75% 100% rarity I'm pretty damn happy with that. Of course, I bought the game for $2.99 back on October 1st. In terms of the trophies, nothing is too difficult since I purchased the Magical Masters edition which means I get 60 extra objectives to reach the brutal 180 total from the original game. For anyone looking to play something while chilling and listening to a podcast, you'll try hard to find something superior to Peggle 2.

Edited by realm722

apps.3774.63922543011545658.b811c016-7bf

Game: Need for Speed

Analysis: This as my 3rd NFS on the Playstation 4. I had gotten and finally platinumed NFS: Rivals back in 2017, I got and enjoyed NFS: Payback despite it's deeply mixed reception back in June, and now I figured would be a good time to play the original game on the PS4 since hey, I bought it for $4.99 and figured it couldn't hurt. My ultimate thoughts? It's okay. I thought it would be better than Payback since that seems to be the general vibe regarding NFS games on next gen but I just wasn't really feeling it. It seemed inferior in a lot of ways and lacked a lot of the quality of life benefits that existed in other newer racing games. It's not bad, but I can't remember a single memorable thing I did while playing while in the other games I DO have stuff that they remind me of. I guess the fist bump simulator cutscenes? The Ultimate Icon wasn't tough and that's why it only has a 28.53% platinum rarity. It took me just over a week to complete so it makes sense it wasn't that tricky. It's best said I expected a little extra, and this game didn't do anything special or was polished enough to pass by on that alone. 

Panda Score: 6/10

Edited by realm722

• 1 month later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: The Bridge

Analysis: This was a puzzle game that was free during October. I finally got around to playing it during November and it only took me 2 days to get the 100% since this game does not offer a platinum. It actually has a surprising low completion rate of 8.77% due to collecting all of the wisps and completing all the mirrored worlds. I thought the most difficult trophy was the "Slider" trophy since you had to complete a level without walking which was kind of difficult, but with enough back and forth as well as looking up videos on YouTube I got it. I didn't really take the puzzles seriously but the style is pretty cool, the scene where all the colors come to life is dope, and if you took it seriously as a puzzle it's pretty decent. It's almost always on sale so not a bad idea to pick it up in case you missed it for free.

Edited by realm722

• 4 weeks later...

086283.jpg

Game: FIFA 19

Analysis: Okay so I REALLY loved FIFA 19. It was my most played game of 2018 where I logged in 209 hours, my #1 with Stardew Valley finishing in 2nd place. I loved the de-emphasis on pace and FUT was really fun for the first 2 months or so but I've been really interested by other games that I haven't bothered going back to FIFA this year since I'm enjoying playing different stuff. FIFA Communities can be pretty exasperating with their demands but I really loved the game this year. The trophies weren't all that tough. A grade in all skill games I got by October 4th, the "Hoop Dream" and journey trophies weren't difficult at all. What actually did take me the full 1 month and 2 weeks to get accomplished was getting promoted from Division 5 to Division 4. I started in DIV 5 and would sometimes get close to Div 4 but then drop some games bringing my ELO down. Finally I got the bugger 10.67% rarity trophy thanks to my La Liga and Bundesliga sides (shoutout to Diego Costa, Rodrigo, Godin, etc....) and finally got the sick platinum worth 1.15% rarity! It's my 4th rarest trophy on my account, tho it'll probably go up slightly and end up in the 1.5% range before the next FIFA drops. Nonetheless, good job this year EA even though the game is still flawed in a lot of ways.

Panda Score: 8/10

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: 2064: Read Only Memories

Analysis: This was a really interesting unique experience for me that I hadn't really had in gaming yet. 2064: Read Only Memories was a free game for PS Plus+ users during October. I finally got around to playing it during mid-November and it took me just a little over 5 days to complete. It is an adventure game, and a crapton of the trophies involve you doing random tasks in order to get these various trophies, and when I started going for them the vast majority were sub-3%. The only way you'd get the majority of these was using a guide, and that's why I did by following YouTuber's Cheapskate or Die series of a trophy walkthrough. In order to get through this long game as quickly as possible, you basically skip through ALL of the text and that's what I did... but I still weirdly enjoyed this experience. The YouTuber's interactions during his video were fun, and it was enjoyable for me to follow him on this journey to a fairly rare platinum as opposed to one that's 70%+ that people essentially buy purely for the trophy. The toughest trophy was easily "Threat Neutralized" where you had to take out all the robots without taking damage, as you had to use the touch screen to do it quickly enough but it only took me around 20 minutes worth of attempts to beat. Eventually I followed through on the rest of the endings and got my very slick 5.68% rarity platinum that also coincidentally was my 30th! Turing was pretty cool too. Weird experience, but a good one.

Panda Score: 6.5/10

Edited by realm722

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Burly Men at Sea

Analysis: The cheapest platinum in my catalogue to date. It has a 69.13% platinum rate, it was a free game during November and I figured what the hell may as well go for it. I honestly barely remember anything from the game other than the giant sea monster and racing with the grim reaper. It's a pretty nothing game yet my fastest platinum to date only tasking a hash over 2 hours to complete. For hardcore trophy hunters it's okay since it's not a 95%+ platinum rate but I wouldn't recommend it.

Panda Score: 5/10

Edited by realm722

horizonzerodawn-feature.jpg

Game: Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

Analysis: I've already written quite a bit about how I felt on my Horizon Zero Dawn experience on other forums, but to formally document I'd like to say that it was a truly delightful experience. I'm not someone who typically plays open world games and thus stumbling into Aloy's world was quite a joy. I remember when I stumbled upon my first Stormbird and got torn to shreds, as well as taking down my first Thunderjaw. The game in total took me around 2 weeks to complete. I bought the Complete Edition during Black Friday for a ridiculously cheap $10 which I thought was a bargain given it was a physical version from Gamestop. I enjoyed the bandit camps, finding all of the collectibles, dealing with the Banuk in the DLC, figuring out how great the ropecaster was at taking down larger enemies, and completing all activities that were to be had. I watched a 2 hour and 30 minute critique on the game here on YouTube. As well as another hour review here. Overall I feel like HZD is a thoroughly well made game that had a lot of love and care poured into it, even if it has it's flaws here and there. In terms of trophies it has a platinum rate of 33.14% so it's one of my easier platinums, but I'm still really glad I played it. Oh and also the hardest trophy in the game was beating it on Ultra Hard difficulty on New Game+ but following this insane HZD Speedrun of the game in under 2 hours I was able to blaze through it and finish the game with 60ish hours completion!

Panda Score: 8.2/10

H2x1_NSwitchDS_CosmicStarHeroine_image16

Game: Cosmic Star Heroine

Analysis: I really, really enjoyed my time with this game. For those who don't know, Cosmic Star Heroine is a nifty little Sci Fi RPG that borrows a lot from retro styles of the past to make for a really enjoyable 12-15-hour experience. I bought it for $4.49 when it was on sale back in December 2018, and it took me just a little over a day to beat. It's not a game that relies solely on nostalgia to charm you, and instead has some cool characters like Alyssa with her lovable red hat as well as having just a nice overall vibe. I'm not someone who even really cares or bothers with RPGs but I had a very nice time. There are some cool bosses, and not a single trophy is extraneous as long as you know what to look for. I recommend it to anybody who wants a solid little in-between game when they're looking for their palette cleanser after playing another game that took 50+ hours to complete. 

Panda Score: 7.25/10

3179055-1438153547-gravi.jpg

Game: Gravity Rush 2

Analysis: It has been quite some time since I played Gravity Rush 2, but I do remember the thrill I had when I found out it was on sale in late November 2018 for the unbelievably low price of $5.99, I jumped on it and ended up playing it in mid-December where it took me just over a week to complete. First of all, I'd like to say that I love the fact I stumbled upon tis series since discovering Kat and Raven was awesome and they are some of my favorite Playstation mascots having discovered them. Kat has such a damn lovable design and personality. I wasn't the biggest fan of stuff like the Jupiter Style and such but finding Hekseville again was a ton of fun, the experiences with Syd, Lisa, Cecie, and Kali Angel as well. The rival she had with Kali Angel was fun, and while some of the side missions were hit or miss with their outdatedness I still enjoyed a fair amount of them. Discovering the Kat really was the old Gravity Queen was awesome, the final boss here was pretty sick, and also I love Kat's song - A KU ON TU WAA <3. None of the trophies were too difficult either with the most difficult one being Rift Hunter having to fidget with the clock a bit, and also grinding for the last few gems and getting the 100% completion playing the DLC. Explainable given the 19.55% platinum rate and 10.72% 100% completion rate. 

Panda Score: 7.5/10

Edited by realm722

Arcade-Game-Series-Pac-Man-Xbox-One-titl

Game: Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man

Analysis: An all-time classic. I picked up Pac-Man back when it was on sale in late December for a mere $1.59 which in my mind was a must have since hey, what the hell, it's Pac-Man on a modern console you may as well get it. I actually ended up getting it as my final trophy for 2018 and it was my final platinum of the year, taking just under 4 hours to complete. There isn't much to say since let's be honest, if you're on here you know what Pac-Man is. It was fun going through it for a bit, and finally I looked up this trophy video on YouTube to figure out how to get the Om Nom Nom x4 trophy and violà! I had my 28.36% rarity platinum trophy in the bag. Decent little experience.

• 2 weeks later...

8635618289182b5b5f05d49f4a23bbc782aef19c

Game: Risk of Rain

Analysis: I don't know what pushed me to decide to get Risk of Rain other than the fact it was on sale for $2.49 back in mid-December 2018. It does not have a platinum, and instead was only a 100% so I figured why not. I did not know what I was getting myself into though as with this roguelike metroidvania, the game kicked my ASS for the first solid 25 playthroughs. I'm talking about dying on the 1st level with commando trying to play on any difficulty. Eventually though, I started to get the hang of it. I saw this video from a YouTuber called ShinyRawrquaza that further let me get acquainted with the mechanics. Eventually I built myself up supremely enough that I was able to keep looping and get stronger and stronger to the point where in one run I got a number of the trophies. By utilizing the "Command" artifact, I was able to use the commando build and eventually get the "Drown 20 Whorls" achievement which is the hardest in the game at an ultra rare 5%, and then on Rainstorm difficulty I picked up the remaining monster logs with a strong build and died 50 times to get the rare 4.70% 100% completion! It's honestly a really damn fun game, I wish it had a platinum which would have kept me playing for longer than the 5 days I needed. 

Panda Score: 7.75/10

• 2 weeks later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Grim Fandango Remastered

Analysis: Got this game when it was on sale for $3.74 in December 2018 cuz why not, even though it's been cheaper and even free in the past. I'll be honest, it's kind of hard for me to remember my experience with this game. I finally got around to playing it in mid-January, and since I'm Hispanic I enjoy the Spanish flair, Manny Calavera, Lupita, Glottis is annoying as all hell, I think the bit that cracked me up the hardest was Clara with the metal detector. Celso was cool and some of the enemies were compelling, but the game really does show it's age in a lot of ways even though it only took me a little over a day to complete. In terms of trophies, nothing too tricky other than the annoying tank controls. It's alright, and earns an extra .25 points simply because of the fact I enjoy the accents and it has a nice platinum rarity at 22.8%. 

Panda Score: 6.25/10

• 2 weeks later...

the-crew-2-wallpaper.jpg

Game: The Crew 2

Analysis: I distinctly remember seeing this sale pop-up at Gamestop for $15 and jumping on it back in mid-late January 2019. I wanted another racing game following my experience with Need for Speed a few months back, and a more modern take with the intriguing open United States really interested me. Overall, I feel like I got my moneys worth. It's a live service so the game won't always be available, but it was fun messing around with the different vehicle options though for the most part they were mostly gimmicks. My greatest dislike with the gameplay was easily the piss poor physics. Your car weighs like a cinderblock and crashing isn't an fun whatsoever, which I feel like it should be in a racing game. Regardless, it was fun flying around places like Miami, Los Angeles, the ski slopes, and a lot of the transition phases between different vehicles made for a different experience. Once I wrapped up The Grand Finale, the only real grindy event was the photo ops and finally doing the Coast to Coast trophy but as a send-off it was pretty fun. A very nifty 20.31% platinum rate leaves me satisfied and at a similar price, I recommend The Crew 2 to anybody looking for a racing fix. 

• Like 1

untitled-1-1537271499930_1280w.jpg

Game: Kingdom Hearts 3

Analysis: The most hyped new non-sports game that I've ever gotten on Playstation 4. It finally came. No more delays. No more murmurs. KH3 was here. Did it live up to the hype? That depends upon your expectations. If you expected KH3 to shatter the mold of Kingdom Hearts games, take it to a next level from a storytelling perspective, and just in general be the most grandiose experience given how long we've been waiting for out well over 10 years.... nah. But it is more Kingdom Hearts, and that's still enjoyable! The cringey and at times painful voice acting and scripts is still badly precedent. I played on Proud Mode on my first playthrough since I wanted to have a challenge, but due to all the events and quick time rides you get I only died a handful of times after getting to the Toy Story world. Only died once to Xehanort as the final boss. It's good to have played Kingdom Hearts yet again given I hadn't played KH1 or KH2 since my Playstation 2 days, and it's nice to have it on a modern console, but it's not re-inventing the wheel. Some of the worlds fall flat in terms of their dialogue like no Danny DeVito for Hercules, etc... but I still played the crap out of it and it took me only 1 week and 1 day post late night 1st day release to beat the game in it's totality. Synthesist was a bit of work, the Excellent cuisines, Game Records, and Thermosphere took some work but nothing too debilitating for a 25.37% rarity platinum. I enjoyed my time with it, and let's hope we get a far faster response for our next mainline Kingdom Hearts game! 

Panda Score: 7.5/10

maxresdefault.jpg

Game: Transistor

Analysis: I have never been so glad to jump on a game when it was on sale. Transistor has been out on PS4 for ages, but I finally scooped it up for $5 back in a mid-December 2018 sale. I knew all about Bastion from SuperGiant Games though I have never played it myself but I figured I'd jump in on Transistor. I finally started playing it on January 8th, but for whatever reason I just didn't click with the game yet. I tried again around a week later, and did a little bit more killing Sybil, and finally more a week later since I kept getting interrupted since I was focusing on playing and balancing Spider-Man and then the new Kingdom Hearts 3 release came out. Finally - in mid-February on the 15th around a month later I started playing it again. That's when I fell in love with this game. It finally clicked the various functions and how they were meant to be combined together, and I really started to dig the combat now that I understood Turn() and also my Breach() backstab move was sensational. Red is just lovely, and The Boxer really carries the game narratively talking things out for you. I basked in this video from Games as Literature. It's well known with SGG the art/soundtracks are gonna be delightful, but I'm STILL out here listening to In Circles. This game really is a genuine masterpiece. Thankfully, none of the trophies proved to be too much of a pain either! After going hard for 4 days in February, I got my nifty 10.33% platinum rarity and even enjoyed my New Game+ playthrough that wasn't a chore once I figured out the best set-up utilizing Void(). I recommend this game to anybody, even if it doesn't look your style. It's just that delightful. 

Panda Score: 8.75/10

Edited by realm722

H2x1_NSwitchDS_TheSexyBrutale.jpg

Game: The Sexy Brutale

Analysis: Picked this up when it was on sale for $7.99 in mid-February 2019. It's been available for a little bit cheaper before that, but I thought it was fair price given the fact it's a neat little puzzle game and I had heard some good things about it. It took me just under 2 days to complete, and overall it was just an alright experience. Nothing phenomenal mechanically tho some cool concepts. You control time and have to go back and forth to save different patrons of your casino who are guests. As it turns out, you were the one who set the fire all along in an attempt to claim insurance money but it all went wrong. I quite enjoyed this video analyzing the game by Chris Davis. Nonetheless, it gets an extra 0.5 thanks to it's freaking awesome theme. It has a pretty poor platinum rate at 50.48% overall so half of total users get it fairly easily but that's alright.

Panda Score: 6.5/10

Edited by realm722

• 4 weeks later...

H2x1_NSwitchDS_WizardOfLegend_image1600w

Game: Wizard of Legend

Analysis: Do you want to talk about an unbelievably delightful roguelite. I bought this on sale in mid/late March 2019 for a mere $11.19 and man did I have a ton of fun pouring hours into this game. It's not a cake walk by any means. I got my ass handed to me probably a solid 50 times before even getting beyond the first boss level or two, and even then I was barely scraping by against the Fire Queen Zeal, Ice Queen Freya, and Earth Bro Atlas. After playing the game for a little bit the first few days, I got hooked on a Wednesday and managed to get through a council fight without dying. This video really helped me figure out a build I was able to dominate the rest of the way with. I enjoyed watching a bunch of reviews on the game and a YouTuber known as Wanderbots has some good vids overall on this game. Bolt Rail + Volt Pinball + Cardice Prime 4 life. Anyways, I finally beat the game on a Thursday and tookdown Master Sura thanks to a 2nd life boost. I unlocked the remaining relics, got the speedrun(in like 14 minutes), beat Sura 3 times, and got the 4 cursed relics to eventually get the wonderful 13.51% platinum rarity! Since then there has been an update to the game that's added even more content. There wasn't any trophy specifically difficult other than cursed relic taking a few tries to go for but honestly once you learn the core mechanics and get your reflexes up, it's just a blast of a game to enjoy - highly recommend it!

Panda Score: 8.25/10

Edited by realm722

• 2 weeks later...

H2x1_NSwitchDS_Celeste_image1600w.jpg

Game: Celeste

Analysis: A game that for many people won Game of the Year in 2018 - Celeste. I managed to pick it up when it went on sale back in mid-February for a mere $11.99, and I have to say I really get why it's so beloved. In order for a platformer to stand out nowadays it really does have to be special, and Celeste wonderfully executes this with delightful aesthetics and engaging but hard as hell gameplay. Let's get one thing out of the way - I only played the first level without Assist Mode turned on. Yeah it's cheap and yeah this platinum would probably be as rare as Super Meat Boy without it but shoot me - I died 104 times ON THE FIRST LEVEL and besides on the B-sides and C-sides, I would still be playing this game 2 months later without turning it on. But that's neither here nor there. I enjoyed the hotel, Mr. Oshiro, the original 2D Celeste that doesn't have Celeste mode that I managed to complete - and eventually I was redeemed as Madeline - thought Theo was quite humorous - and overall had a very good time given it only took me 3 days to achieve the 28.03% platinum. It's not going to rank as high here amongst some of the other games I've played here but that's cuz platformers aren't my favorite, and I still enjoyed the experience I had here regardless.

Panda Score: 7.5 / 10

• 2 weeks later...

8P8FOVZ.jpg

Game: Marvel's Spider-Man

Analysis: I am not someone who typically owns the most popular PS4 games. From this batch, I only own the FIFA's, Rocket League (free), Ratchet & Clank (free), as well as Horizon Zero Dawn which I had a fantastic time with. I don't intentionally go out of my way to avoid the popular games, the interests just tend to not overlap. That being said, I can proudly say that Spider-Man is a good time. It's not going to win any game of the year awards, but it's a good time swinging about New York, kicking butt in those gang/affiliate hideouts and just mucking about with the combat system. The stealth sections with MJ and Miles drag a little bit but on the whole they're not too excruciating. I also have an unpopular opinion being I didn't mind the Peter Parker puzzle sections! They weren't difficult, but something different and for whatever reason I enjoyed them! The platinum rate on this game is insanely easy at 50.89% but I did get all the DLC later down the line when it was on sale and the 100% stands in at 5.25% which is pretty solid. The game even on Ultimate difficulty is fairly straightforward once you know what you're doing but I won't lie I did die a surprising amount of my first place through on normal difficulty. Overall, it's a good polished title. Solid stuff!

Panda Score: 7.75 / 10

Edited by realm722

Pyre_4K_01.png?w=1920&q=80

Game: Pyre

Analysis: Let's do a little bit of backstory before I jump into this. Even though I played and completed Pyre in April 2019, I actually bought it on sale for $7.99 back in mid-December 2018. I hadn't gotten around to playing, but then after playing Transistor and falling in love with it in February I knew I was going to set-up Pyre to be a big gaming affair. I scheduled it perfectly so in the case that I got the platinum - it would be my 2,500 trophy earned. The same way Transistor was my 40th platinum. Regardless, may as well come out and say it that Pyre is my favorite game of 2019 and one of my favorite video games of All-Time. Where do I begin? Let's start with the story premise. You play as someone able to read (a scribe) in times where reading has been outlawed in the Commonwealth. You are kicked out to the downside, and you are recruited by a group known as the Nightwings to try and win your freedom through the rites to get back into the Commonwealth with newfound prosperity. Fairly intriguing, no? You take down other clans in this process and so forth. You'll meet interesting characters along the way, and hopefully you grow to love them. I know I did. Hedwyn, Jodariel, Rukey, Fae, Ti'Zo, Tamitha, Bertrude, Volfred, and so forth. The gameplay is an utter delight when I saw it described as "fantasy basketball" where you have to score baskets into the other teams goal while only controlling one player at a time. The magnificent art style, intriguing dialogue, wonderful story, and constant intrigue of "what's gonna happen next?" had me clinging to it so much that I managed to achieve the 19.23% rarity platinum in just 1 day and 4 hours. That's even with the fact I had to start up a 2nd playthrough since Jodariel was the first one I released and I couldn't get the trophy with her and Tamitha. I didn't even mind though since I enjoyed this game that much.

I honestly want to go back through and play it again, this time on a "True Nightwings" playthrough where I can't restart. It's a truly delightful game and I recommend it to anybody who hasn't been able to get their hands on it. As for me, all I know is I've got to play Bastion now and complete the trifecta of Supergiant masterpieces!

Panda Score: 9 / 10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Defense-Grid-2.jpg

Game: Defense Grid 2

Analysis: Defense Grid 2 was a game I had on my radar in the past. I'm someone who enjoys tower defense games for their simplicity and it's more of a chill and laidback experience. The thing that held me back was the art style and quite frankly ugly design of the aliens. It wasn't the happy-go-lucky monkey balloon defense that I played on my browser ages ago. Nonetheless, for $2.24 in mid-March of 2019 I decided to get it. After playing some DLCs of Spider-Man and getting the plat in Guacamelee 2!, I ventured on in early April to DG2. I gotta say, I was impressed there was legitimate voice acting with a somewhat coherent narrative. I really didn't expect that. It's your typical tower defense game and I got a crapton of trophies the first 2 days playing. Then to set up the 2.5k trophy plat for Pyre, I resumed playing on April 12th and eventually got the platinum on April 17th, in total needing just over a week with an intentional break in between. It's a very straight forward and easy plat tho it's at a 26.25% rarity. The only reason it's that low is because of the time-consuming grind of getting 100 gold medals but it wasn't so bad in the end with the tutorial missions and all. It's not an exhilarating time, but a great podcast game and something to have on to mildly stimulate you.

Panda Score: 7 / 10