Exporting trophy information?

I was wondering if the site could offer an option to export trophy information into some kind of spreadsheet or CSV file. This way anyone could analyze their statistics, and people could create additional tools that would feature more statistics than these already on page. Does any other site support such thing? Or is there a way to get such data from PSN servers?

• Like 1

It would definitely be good to have an export facility. At present the only thing you can really do is look at each individual page of the Trophy Log, right click on each page and click "Export to Microsoft Excel" and form a list.

Unfortunately this doesn't supply the name of the game so I have a routine that checks the trophy name and description against a master list I have, if not an exact match (there are some games where the Trophy Log trophy description does not match the trophy description for the game) then I get a prompt asking if it's the same. I only ever do this if I want to update all the rarity stats on my profile otherwise I just copy the date and time stamps, achievers and owners to update my master list as shown in the attached:

What would be ideal is an export facility which will download the full trophy list for your profile in .csv format, not just earned trophies, that way you can immediately create accurate stats matching psnprofiles if you know the correct calculations.

What would be useful in a .csv file would be:

• Name of game
  • Main Game or Name of DLC
  • Platform
  • Region
  • Trophy Name
  • Trophy Description
  • Value (180, 90, 30 or 15)
  • Date Trophy Earned
  • Time Trophy Earned
  • Achievers
  • Owners
  • Rarity % (although not necessary as you can calculate this from Achievers and Owners)

I can get by with what is currently available as I don't have much time to play games and earn trophies so updating takes a couple of minutes but this would be great for anyone who plays a lot of games and likes to track their own statistics and add their own.

It's probably a BIG ask though something like this as you're essentially asking for all the raw data in an easy format.

post-113015-0-90046400-1470053575_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So any update on if we could export our trophies profiles into a spreadsheet?

I have no idea how much or how little work it would take in order to let members export their profiles into a spreadsheet, but it would be a nice to have such a feature as an option.

• 5 years later...

Please share thoughts on how to extract a trophy-list from psnprofiles. Doing this manually takes a lot of time; I mean copy and paste per 200 games is asking a lot of your internal memory and sometimes Excel doesn't respond anymore while copying everything onto your sheet. Once everything is copied then it's fairly easy to put everything the way you want to have your data visible.

By doing this it is really time-saving updating your file on a weekly basis manually; however automatically changed data on psnprofiles won't be visible in your existing Excel sheet for instance if DLC is being released for an older game. The percentage will change on psnprofiles, but it doesn't automatically change in your Excel file. So every now and then you have to go through your complete list trying to find the differences, which is an annoying job and a waste of time (!). There must be an easier way to extract accurate data from psnprofiles which doesn't take that long compared to doing this manually.

Maybe one of the admins who is responsible for writing the interface between psnprofiles and Sony's servers is able to comment. Hopefully there will be an EXPORT button on site to extract trophy-lists from psnprofiles. Especially when trophy-lists are long (over 10,000 played games). Thanks in advance.

30 minutes ago, ZN-42-VS said:

Please share thoughts on how to extract a trophy-list from psnprofiles. Doing this manually takes a lot of time; I mean copy and paste per 200 games is asking a lot of your internal memory and sometimes Excel doesn't respond anymore while copying everything onto your sheet. Once everything is copied then it's fairly easy to put everything the way you want to have your data visible.

By doing this it is really time-saving updating your file on a weekly basis manually; however automatically changed data on psnprofiles won't be visible in your existing Excel sheet for instance if DLC is being released for an older game. The percentage will change on psnprofiles, but it doesn't automatically change in your Excel file. So every now and then you have to go through your complete list trying to find the differences, which is an annoying job and a waste of time (!). There must be an easier way to extract accurate data from psnprofiles which doesn't take that long compared to doing this manually.

Maybe one of the admins who is responsible for writing the interface between psnprofiles and Sony's servers is able to comment. Hopefully there will be an EXPORT button on site to extract trophy-lists from psnprofiles. Especially when trophy-lists are long (over 10,000 played games). Thanks in advance.

@HusKy, is this something PSNP+ can do?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

He created PSNP+, an extension of this site with extra features…

This^

I know PSNP+ includes a lot of trophy list features but I don't remember if profile exporting is one of them 🤔. Even if it doesn't do this, I still strongly recommend installing it, because of all the things it does do: 

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ZN-42-VS said:

@HuntingFeverwhich role does @HusKy have in this? Just curious if data can easily be extracted in .csv or .txt

Sly (site Owner & Creator) is also the only admin on the site (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/). But others, like Husky have created tools/browser extensions that act like layers on top of PSNP. They work in the browser and when they land on certain pages on the site, they can manipulate and handle data in customizable ways.

• Like 2

Well.... because of the way data is stored, PSNP+ currently can't handle large shovelware profiles with thousands of games. I don't know the exact cutoff but it's at least 5k+ games when the script starts running out of storage space. 🤷‍♂️

Would be possible to add separate 1-time export feature but that would have to be proposed in the main thread anyway.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 2:09 PM, HusKy said:

Well.... because of the way data is stored, PSNP+ currently can't handle large shovelware profiles with thousands of games. I don't know the exact cutoff but it's at least 5k+ games when the script starts running out of storage space. 🤷‍♂️

Would be possible to add separate 1-time export feature but that would have to be proposed in the main thread anyway.

If it would be possible to add a separate 1-time export feature with the shown details (or option to select specific details) that would be amazing. Looking forward to approval. Thanks in advance!!