Yakuza 5 FREE on PS Plus on August!

elhaym1709

Yeah, that's right! Yakuza 5 will be free for Ps Plus members on August! :)

I saved the money for this game, I'm so glad that it's going to be free, maybe because of the lack of sales outside Japan :/

(Btw, in case you don't know, Yakuza 0 will be available in Europe on January 2017!)

Here the news: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

Edited by elhaym1709

Kinda mixed feeling. It's great that the game become free for PS+ because I was waiting for a price drop to buy it.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how well it's selling in the west so that Sony decided to make it a PS+ title, could be to advertise for Yakuza 0 coming January next year.

If you like it on PS+, please support the developers by actually buying the game! 

You cannot purchase the game again unless you let your PS+ expired :))

Wasn't this game already free for July?

It was a store error (and for EU only), just like with I am Alive few months back.

Edited by PliskinCobra

Does the EU get something else then?

Nah it was just a mistake and was quickly taken off and replaced with Fat Princess.

We should get something else instead of Retro/Grade though for sure considering we already had it on Plus in 2012, but Sony doesn't seem to care, North America hasn't had it so "all's good" :facepalm:

Nah it was just a mistake and was quickly taken off and replaced with Fat Princess.

We should get something else instead of Retro/Grade though for sure considering we already had it on Plus in 2012, but Sony doesn't seem to care, North America hasn't had it so "all's good" :facepalm:

That's strange. I'm pretty sure I got it before they changed it.

Thanks for telling me that. I just went and purchased Fat Princess. I would have missed out otherwise.

That's strange. I'm pretty sure I got it before they changed it.Thanks for telling me that. I just went and purchased Fat Princess. I would have missed out otherwise.

Yeah if you managed to snag Yakuza before they replaced it with Fat Princess you get to keep it, doesn't much matter now though of course since everyone can have it.

No problem, glad you didn't miss out on it before the next games roll out. :)

• Like 1

I think OP wanted to talk about Yakuza 5 especially =D

Yeah exactly xD Yakuza 5 is gonna be my only download. I'm not interested in other games on the list! (Maybe I'd give a shot for Patapon 3)

Still Waiting for a Price Drop on This Game.......

The price is ridicolously high for a digital release that came out one year ago. :/

I'm waiting for FF7 price drop... 16 euros for a 1997 game!? Hell no.

I bought this 2 weeks ago, I don't really mind that I paid for it. I've almost finished part 2 and Sapporo definitely has shops and bars I can recognize. Another amazing job for an amazing series. I went straight from Kiwami on the PS4 to this on the ps3, graphically it's obviously not as good though this doesn't matter at the end of the day.

3 hours into it, free roaming with Kiryu all around Fukuoka!! *_*

Any chance to see an english walkthrough for the platinum? It seems easier that Yakuza 4, but I'm not sure. I don't wanna any pachinko related trophy :( japanese people may find it easy, but not for me. LoL

I was really enthused about this game too but I felt a bit deflated after I started playing it.  Don't get me wrong, I like Kiryu but I don't think his character has really got the charisma to open a game.  By contrast, Yakuza 4 was an absolute riot from the start because Akiyama was such a fun, charismatic and mysterious protagonist, and apart from all of his shenanigans around Kamurocho, there was that relationship with Hana that constantly drifted between cute and hilarious.  The Fukuoka map is also incredibly boring compared to Kamurocho, so needless to say, I was glad to get part 1 over with a few hours ago.  Just walking through the streets of Kamurocho again made me feel like the game had finally become alive.   I can't wait to see Akiyama again.   :)

Like totally worth the time, specially after playing the last 3 and even the 1st 2. It's worth paying for, i wish sega had have released a disc version in english.

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded paying for the disc version since the download pushes my 60GB launch PS3 to its limit.

3 hours into it, free roaming with Kiryu all around Fukuoka!! *_*

Any chance to see an english walkthrough for the platinum? It seems easier that Yakuza 4, but I'm not sure. I don't wanna any pachinko related trophy :( japanese people may find it easy, but not for me. LoL

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/yakuza-5/guide/

Looking at a 150 hour Platinum since you have to do basically everything in the game.

• 4 months later...