Buy PS3 Trophies?

I found a website where you can buy ps3 throphies, Not sure if scam or legit; or if it is legit is it banned? Because you obtained the trophies through other means.

Seeing how the PS3 has no share play, it must be account-sharing, which is against Sony's terms of agreement.

• Like 2

I found a website where you can buy ps3 throphies, Not sure if scam or legit; or if it is legit is it banned? Because you obtained the trophies through other means.

It's legit in the sense that they will complete the games for you which will gain you the trophies. Now this is the scam part, they would probably need access to your account and it's against Sony's TOS. 

This isn't the first time I've heard of people doing this, but I still do not understand why.

They're meant to show something you accomplished, and having more than someone else means nothing if you don't do any work...And it's not like you get anything for doing it anyways. That makes it really sad that people do that.

• Like 1

It shocks to me to see how people would fall for this to obtain trophies

Human stupidity is infinite. 

Why would you buy a trophy?  In life and on the internet a trophy is a symbol of achievement, you put effort into something, and buying one makes it meaningless.  It's like doping in sport or cheating at cards.

I agree.

• Like 1

There are plenty of people who buy trophies, they just don't violate Sony's TOS.  Anyone who platinums a visual novel in under 2 hours, buys three copies of the exact same Telltale game, has three plats in Minecraft, etc. are essentially purchasing trophies.  People can spend their money and time doing what they please, but I can't think of any other reason.

IMO there's a huge difference in buying easy games solely for unlocking trophies yourself or paying someone else to unlock them for you.

• Like 4

IMO there's a huge difference in buying easy games solely for unlocking trophies yourself or paying someone else to unlock them for you.

Not saying there isn't a difference as I do agree with you.  But it is still buying trophies IMO, it just requires a minimum amount of effort on the purchaser's part to unlock them.

• Like 1

There are plenty of people who buy trophies, they just don't violate Sony's TOS.  Anyone who platinums a visual novel in under 2 hours, buys three copies of the exact same Telltale game, has three plats in Minecraft, etc. are essentially purchasing trophies.  People can spend their money and time doing what they please, but I can't think of any other reason.

Like Dragon explained, there's a fine line between doing it yourself and getting someone to do it for you. Buying trophies requires you to pay someone else to acquire them for you. A person who buys the same game just for an easy platinum is different, they have to do the work and fulfill the requirements themselves. 

Not saying there isn't a difference as I do agree with you.  But it is still buying trophies IMO, it just requires a minimum amount of effort on the purchaser's part to unlock them.

It sucks but its still legit and within Sony's TOS.

Like Dragon explained, there's a fine line between doing it yourself and getting someone to do it for you. Buying trophies requires you to pay someone else to acquire them for you. A person who buys the same game just for an easy platinum is different, they have to do the work and fulfill the requirements themselves. 

It sucks but its still legit and within Sony's TOS.

I'm not saying it is a good or a bad thing as people can do what they want, just stating what I believe to be the truth.

I'm not saying it is a good or a bad thing as people can do what they want, just stating what I believe to be the truth.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just stating that one way requires you to be in control while the other one doesn't. 

• Like 2

Look i understand paying for help in like a game or something but trophies are just pictures do you REALLY want to pay 10-20 for a picture because if so i'll draw you one real quick.

And how much would said drawing cost?  :hmm:

How about we all play our games and get our trophies and no one has to cheat to get them? :yay:

How many of us (here) have used a online boosting session to obtain some trophies easier or even at all? You could say that is cheating too, but at least you have to do something... even if it's just powering your ps3 - as i did i.e. in Dirt 3 to get max. lv online - i was sleeping most of the time online :D

But i agree you have a point. And yes, i too was thinking about playing some Telltale's game like The Walking Dead on PS4 just because i want more easy trophies :D

And on top of completing a Telltale Adventure three times as you - or at least your console - are occupied, look at Sound Shapes :D ... really eager Trophy Hunter have it SIX TIMES in their profile... and it feels just like one click from Plat to Plat six times :D

Oh and i remembered here on this website was someone offering completing games too :huh: ... but good thing he was shown that it isn't wanted at all :P

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Look i understand paying for help in like a game or something but trophies are just pictures do you REALLY want to pay 10-20 for a picture because if so i'll draw you one real quick.

Don't forget time and date of achieving :D ... mh... best if you send an evidence when you sent the email to your customer when he achieved his trophy image :P

But please don't copy and paste an image from GT5 or Just Cause 2 xD

Why would you buy a trophy?  In life and on the internet a trophy is a symbol of achievement, you put effort into something, and buying one makes it meaningless.  It's like doping in sport or cheating at cards.

Yup! Also been seening a lot more people asking for "shareplay" sessions in the gaming session for help to get trophies. Pathetic...kinda like buying trophy.