Buy PS3 Trophies?

I'm always amazed at what some people spend their money on.

Doesn't matter what it is, if something's for sale, you can guarantee someone will throw their money at it.

Edited by BOOTP

Something similar happened to me a few times. I got paid to plat driveclub, to get gta trophies and once even to get a "nuclear" in black ops 3. People are crazy nowadays! I kinda fallen into this once; I paid 10€ to get 3 sound shapes plats sync to my profile but this is a money convenience thing as buying the versions would've cost more.

Buying trophies isn't just not legit, it also shows how low you would go just to obtain some virtual achievements.

Ever met anyone with the Far Cry 2 platinum trophy?

Edited by Jay

How people spend their money is their choice. So to that part whatever.

What I don't get is gaming is about gaming, that some how turned into gaming is purely for trophies (something I don't understand but i guess there's some sense of achievement) and then someone has just completely jumped the gun and decided rather than paying for games i'll pay for trophies. Am I being weird or does this literally make no sense?

EDIT: In terms of paying for trophies lots of people have done this when they buy the packs for the ultimate team style modes in games. I know the fastest times for some free to play games are due to people just forking over cash to be first achiever or fastest achiever.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

I'm not saying it is a good or a bad thing as people can do what they want, just stating what I believe to be the truth.

I should have mentioned this in my initial post.  I DON'T CARE what others do to get trophies because I don't care what trophies other people have, for the most part (some folks I interact with here, I do monitor and admire for their list because I know it's legit).  

Ultimately it comes down to how you feel about the manner in which you obtained something that is largely considered to be an award.  Myself, I wouldn't feel great about buying any achievement, I'd rather do something else with my money because that type of purchase would leave me empty.

There are people out there that only see the end result and don't see an issue going from A-Z without B-Y.  My concern for society in general is that there seem to be more of these people as time goes by.

How many of us (here) have used a online boosting session to obtain some trophies easier or even at all? You could say that is cheating too, but at least you have to do something... even if it's just powering your ps3 - as i did i.e. in Dirt 3 to get max. lv online - i was sleeping most of the time online :D

But i agree you have a point. And yes, i too was thinking about playing some Telltale's game like The Walking Dead on PS4 just because i want more easy trophies :D

And on top of completing a Telltale Adventure three times as you - or at least your console - are occupied, look at Sound Shapes :D ... really eager Trophy Hunter have it SIX TIMES in their profile... and it feels just like one click from Plat to Plat six times :D

Oh and i remembered here on this website was someone offering completing games too :huh: ... but good thing he was shown that it isn't wanted at all :P

I have!  I have boosted a couple of MP games that were dead or glitchy and I honestly didn't feel as good about it.  MOH:WF was one where I did most of the MP with a good crew of boosting buddies.  We had fun and we got our plats.  It still took a bunch of time just not as long as it would have otherwise.  Granted those weren't really skill based, just grindy time based.  

I am far more proud of my BF3 100Colonel rank that I did legit over 650 hours, yet no trophy :D

Oh and as for the cross-saving and replaying easy games?  I didn't get much satisfaction out of Telltales games, Magus made me feel dirty.  Bloody Sound Shapes does deserve 3 silvers for one stage though!

Bottom line is that people game for different reasons and it should be a fulfilling experience.  If not, you are wasting your time.

Loving Hungry Horde btw 44Sbc580d.png

• Like 1

I have!  I have boosted a couple of MP games that were dead or glitchy and I honestly didn't feel as good about it. 

I have boosted every time i achieved a plat or 100% with mp necessity :P ... and i feel good about getting i.e. the Plat for AC: Brotherhood because i liked the SP content... not the mp though :D ... i think i won't ever xD

I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret. I haven't actually played a video game before. I just pay someone a salary to pretend to be me and earn trophies.

You must be a millionaire with all these 100% games on your profile :blink:

Or better you were a millionaire before getting all these trophies? :D

I once saw someone selling PSN colors (those PS Vita colors), lol. It was pretty funny 'cus you were paying that guy to get in your account and steal it, and that same person had hacked some of his own trophies and his profile was actually removed from here.  :lol:

If people want to buy them, thats their business. Doesnt affect me at all. Its not like any money is riding on it. But it is really pathetic that people will resort to it. Whats even the point?

Lol, that's true! It's their business and we don't need to give a crap about it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, Kallume said:

My bad for responding to an old thread... if my son plays a game on my account as its a digital copy, we're technically breaching Sony's TOS? Heck, he's earning me trophies while playing so I'm also disappointing my PSNP community? :(

No, family playing on the same console or a secondary console in the same household is allowed. It's the main reason why you're allowed 2 console activations

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 6:02 PM, audiopile said:

Why would you buy a trophy?  In life and on the internet a trophy is a symbol of achievement, you put effort into something, and buying one makes it meaningless.  It's like doping in sport or cheating at cards.

I suspect that there are individuals out there with severe OCD that simply cannot have a game not showing 100% in their list. And I mean that they are literally sick and that it physically hurts them that it isn't at 100%. And if they are unable to achieve the 100%, they might go down that route.

For them, it's not about achieving something, it's about the list looking "clean".

Which also means that those trophy sellers are basically abusing sick people.

An interesting video on the subject of OCD

Edited by Sicho

On 7/28/2016 at 11:55 AM, Totalcross3000 said:

I found a website where you can buy ps3 throphies, Not sure if scam or legit; or if it is legit is it banned? Because you obtained the trophies through other means.

Depends on your definition of scam. Those kind of sites will uses time-stamp modifying tools to change and unlock your trophysets. This would require access to your account. This would get you quickly flagged on here or any other trophy tracking site. While, yes, the people can give you the trophies, even for long shut-down games, it's all modded and not legitimate. There's a few people even on PSNProfiles that get away with it, but don't risk it. Just play legit. If you need help on some trophies, do a shareplay or boosting session.