Ape Escape 2 Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

It's a shame it doesn't have a platinum, but I'll likely still get this. It'll take two playthroughs to get all trophies, though, with the first one requiring you to get everything to unlock the second character to play as. Luckily you don't need to get all 300 monkeys with the second character.

I am disappointed in how boring this trophy list is, but I won't let that get me down. After all, I was looking forward to Ape Escape 2 hitting PS4's PSN for a long time; even if this game DID have a Platinum, that would only be a side desert to go with the main course of the opportunity to experience this game again!

Though, speaking critically? These trophies could be much more interesting. Perhaps something for buying enough items from the capsule machine? Or maybe some for capturing monkeys in specific ways, like one for capturing a monkey without it ever starting to notice you? IDK, just rambling at this point.

Where is the damn platinum!?!?

It's a shame it doesn't have a platinum, but I'll likely still get this.

I am disappointed in how boring this trophy list is, but I won't let that get me down. After all, I was looking forward to Ape Escape 2 hitting PS4's PSN for a long time; even if this game DID have a Platinum, that would only be a side desert to go with the main course of the opportunity to experience this game again!

i have noticed a pattern, if you click the "north america" column of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4 you'll see that beginning with kinetica or wild arms 3 there have been 1 game with a platinum, 1 without one, 1 with a platinum, 1 without one, etc

the last released ps2 games were these, in this order:

kinetica - doesn't has a plat

wild arms 3 - has a plat

primal - doesn't has a plat

psychonauts - has a plat

siren - doesn't has a plat

metal slug anthology - has a plat

the warriors - doesn't has a plat

fahrenheit/indigo prophecy - has a plat

ape escape 2 - doesn't has a plat

weird.

The third game was leaked right?

yes: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33586-coming-soon-to-ps4-siren-ape-escape-3-okage-wild-arms-3-primal/

all the other leaks have become true and are now available on ps4 including this one, so the only leak left is ape escape 3.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 3

Gutted there's no plat, but I am chuffed this game is coming to PS4. It was a great game for me in the past. Trophy list is simple, but so minimal. Would have liked a trophy for catching all monkey's and a few others. Perhaps 1 for catching Goku

i have noticed a pattern, if you click the "north america" column of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4 you'll see that beginning with kinetica or wild arms 3 there have been 1 game with a platinum, 1 without one, 1 with a platinum, 1 without one, etc

wild arms 3 - has a plat

psychonauts - has a plat

weird.

That's... Actually pretty clever. Didn't noticed that trend.

I don't think Ape Escape 3 will have a platinum if this didn't got one, so I suppose the next PS2 title we get will be a different one.

Edited by Gevirein

Well it was only a matter of time but honestly this took a lot longer to show up than I thought it would. It also only leaves Ape Escape 3 left now out of all the November leaks and from then on everything will be a surprise! :D

It's interesting how they've chosen the European logo for the trophies icon and not the American one, strange...

_________European_____________________________American

Ape_Escape_2.png__________Ape_Escape_2_USA.png

• Like 1

wild arms 3 - has a plat

psychonauts - has a plat

weird.

yes: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33586-coming-soon-to-ps4-siren-ape-escape-3-okage-wild-arms-3-primal/

all the other leaks have become true and are now available on ps4 including this one, so the only leak left is ape escape 3.

is fahrenheit/indigo prophecy out in usa?

is fahrenheit/indigo prophecy out in usa?

it hasn't been released yet, but quantic dream confirmed that is coming to both North America and Europe. i suppose since its trophy list already got leaked this week then the game is probably going to be released next week, maybe together with ape escape 2?

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1