Ape Escape 2 Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

Why no plat ? Any particular reason ? It would benefit immensely if the trophy list had a simple yet nice platinum to finish .

I've noticed that if its not an RPG or open world game with plenty of content published by either Sony or Rockstar then it doesn't get much chances to receive a platinum, unless if it is a game that was originally published by a different company like Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Psychonauts, Metal Slug Anthology, etc which got a plat.

So any future PS2 release that was originally published by Sony or Rockstar that isn't a RPG or open world-"GTA style" its probably not going to have a platinum, and this is very likely going to be applied to Ape Escape 3.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

I've noticed that if its not an RPG or open world game with plenty of content published by either Sony or Rockstar then it doesn't get much chances to receive a platinum, unless if it is a game that was originally published by a different company like Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Psychonauts, Metal Slug Anthology, etc which got a plat.

So any future PS2 release that was originally published by Sony or Rockstar that isn't a RPG or open world-"GTA style" its probably not going to have a platinum, and this is very likely going to be applied to Ape Escape 3.

thanks for the explanation  ;)

• Like 1

I hope so in Australia i think is August 2th

I just wanted to let you know that it's already available on the EU Store! :)

It has a 9.99€ price tag (PS Plus users can get it for 7.49€).

I can't find it on the US Store though, so I don't know if its coming tomorrow there, or maybe they'll will put it there a few hours later.

Well, maybe because the trophy image is the European logo instead of the American logo, it's not coming to America yet and it may get a separate trophy list with the American logo.

That's a really good point! :o it would be the first PS2 game to not make it to the US Store (at least not yet).

As of now the only two PS2 games that weren't released on Europe were The King of Fighters 2000 and Metal Slug Anthology (both SNK games): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

I just wanted to let you know that it's already available on the EU Store! :)

It has a 9.99€ price tag (PS Plus users can get it for 7.49€).

I can't find it on the US Store though, so I don't know if its coming tomorrow there, or maybe they'll will put it there a few hours later.

Thx mate  :)

Well, maybe because the trophy image is the European logo instead of the American logo, it's not coming to America yet and it may get a separate trophy list with the American logo.

Well that was what I was alluding to with my post on the first page. ;)

Remember, Ape Escape 2 was leaked by a European PEGI rating. The American ESRB has not rated it so far, though they did rate Ape Escape 3. Another thing to note is AE2 was published by Ubisoft in North America (under licence from Sony) so that publishing deal could still stand and therefore Sony can't release it there, or at least it might be more complicated?

I guess we'll see later today when the US store is updated...

Well, I'm kind of a bit turned off we got the European version where the characters' names and voices are different though. I mean, at least it's not like what happened to Tomba 2 where we originally got the Japanese version at first but still.

Edited by Potter13579

I am so excited for this game! The only PS2 game I've been waiting for. 

It's been so long since I played this game I don't think any changes between the NA and EU versions should bother me.

I think I'm the only person in my city that actually put a preorder on this and picked it up on release day, must be over 10 years ago now, haha.

Only bummer is I put off playing the first game again, while I was waiting for concrete release info.

it hasn't been released yet, but quantic dream confirmed that is coming to both North America and Europe. i suppose since its trophy list already got leaked this week then the game is probably going to be released next week, maybe together with ape escape 2?

Thx for the answer! I am looking forward to Fahrenheit. :)

So glad this is finally out. Been waiting since around this time last year for an Ape Escape port with trophies. It's a shame there's no platinum though, because there's so many possibilities for trophies that this game could very well have had enough for a platinum.

Well, I'm kind of a bit turned off we got the European version where the characters' names and voices are different though. I mean, at least it's not like what happened to Tomba 2 where we originally got the Japanese version at first but still.

I guess that explains the use of the European logo then. My best guess is there was a problem in using the American version since Ubisoft originally published it there.