Ape Escape 2 Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

I'm enjoying the game, but it feels like the programming of the trophy list is disappointingly shoddy; I've had a couple of trophies fail to pop for me already! More specifically, Hat Trick (Scored 10 points in a match, at least 3 goals from a single Monkey, and still no trophy after the match ended), and End to the Madness (finished the boss fight AND repeated it via Time Trial; still no pop). I'm confused, seeing as according to the completion % of these trophies, this isn't too common an issue, but I'm not the only one having this issue either looking at the forums. Is there any chance of a patch fixing this or anything?

I'm enjoying the game, but it feels like the programming of the trophy list is disappointingly shoddy; I've had a couple of trophies fail to pop for me already! More specifically, Hat Trick (Scored 10 points in a match, at least 3 goals from a single Monkey, and still no trophy after the match ended), and End to the Madness (finished the boss fight AND repeated it via Time Trial; still no pop). I'm confused, seeing as according to the completion % of these trophies, this isn't too common an issue, but I'm not the only one having this issue either looking at the forums. Is there any chance of a patch fixing this or anything?

The trophies are definitely bugged. I still haven't been able to get End to the Madness. I tried everything you did, but I've also tried redownloading the game and restoring the database of the PS4, reloading to an older save and attempting again. Still nothing. I repeated this process and started a new game as Spike. Still nothing.

A patch is unlikely if people aren't vocal enough about it like they were with the first batch of PS2 titles with trophy bugs. 

A patch is unlikely if people aren't vocal enough about it like they were with the first batch of PS2 titles with trophy bugs. 

which ps2 games got a patch? the only ones i know that it did were the gta trilogy (the european versions) but the patch was just to increase the framerate to run like the north american version, since ps2 games were 50hz on europe and 60hz on NA. and i think they got a patch just because, like take two said, rockstar was having "tremendous success" with their ps2 games on ps4 so since they were making so much money with them they didn't mind to invest a little bit of their money to make some patches, knowing the profits would still be high.

Edited by smellslikejavier

which ps2 games got a patch? the only ones i know that it did were the gta trilogy (the european versions) but the patch was just to increase the framerate to run like the north american version, since ps2 games were 50hz on europe and 60hz on NA. and i think they got a patch just because, like take two said, rockstar was having "tremendous success" with their ps2 games on ps4 so since they were making so much money with them they didn't mind to invest a little bit of their money to make some patches, knowing the profits would still be high.

All of the early PS2 releases had patches released for updated splash screens, bug fixes and emulation improvements. Off the top of my head, I can remember Dark Cloud had some trophy bugs that were fixed in a patch. 

The only way I see this game getting fixed is if there's enough buzz. 

All of the early PS2 releases had patches released for updated splash screens, bug fixes and emulation improvements. Off the top of my head, I can remember Dark Cloud had some trophy bugs that were fixed in a patch. 

The only way I see this game getting fixed is if there's enough buzz. 

well dark cloud was a very popular and requested ps2 game, looking at its ratings on the ps store is one of the most successful ps2 games published by sony so that's why they might have decided to invest money on making some patches.

ape escape 2 isn't doing bad at all i think (maybe not as great as the more popular dark cloud but not bad either, it could have done a little better if it had a plat maybe), looking at its ratings again i can tell they are making a high profit from it already so like you said if there's a little more buzz sony can release a patch for it sooner or later. you can contact sony's support and let them know about the bug, or use the ps forums.

also i see that you are a new user here? welcome! have you take a look to the ps2 on ps4 wishlist thread?: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/you can list all the ps2 games you would like to see on ps4 with trophy/platinum support, if you want.

• 1 month later...

The heck is with the stupid rhythm minigame? Was the Japanese version like this or the NA version?

The NA had arrows, this one doesn't. It's ridiculous, I got all 0 scores trying to do this. And the option to disable or enable arrows, is for the actual prompts. Who would ever disable the prompts and why? What a stupid option. Annoys me so much. Aside from taping something to my tv, how am I supposed to do this? ;/

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...