Best way to farm Fluxation?

FlareZero

I bought several talismans that boost fluxation rate as its bonus effect and then I gave them to Setsuna, Endir, and Aeterna. Make sure there equipped with the eternal void support spritnite because the floneian vegetable stew boosts fluxation rate. You get it from the guy by the fountain in the floneia citadel. Equip spritnite such as wall, enthunder because they don't damage the enemy. Now you want to eat the food then fight a low level enemy like the first penny in dazzshire woods and spam techs until you run out of MP or if you want to see how many fluxes you got. I did yesterday and it took me a couple of hours and I finished the game with 83 fluxes. Make sure to switch talismans around so different spritnite can get the fluxes.

I use Endir, Setsuna and Julienne as party, everybody equipped with a fluxation rate bonus talisman with an additional effect (e.g. crit, def etc.).Every character is equipped with support spritnites as well as the following command spritnites:

Endir - Aura, Wall 
Setsuna -  Enthunder, Inspire 

Julienne - Enfrost, Chakra

My approach:

Eat the flux bonus buff food (as stated above) and fight weak monsters - I prefer the packs in Serendale since there is a save spot for tents and cabins close to where they gather. Kill all but one monster, wait for momentum to build up and then spam the skills with every character. A battle typcially lasts 9 minutes and I get between 6 and 10 fluxes. If you run out of MP, use a tent at the save spot. If you run out of monsters save, get killed by the nuke suicide seals (atomic puff puff). Reload, rinse and repeat.

Bear in mind: The limit for fluxes per battle is 10 and I think that the limit per skill is 8 (personal observation).
I perceive the flux rate to be rather low when a skill has 4 times the same effect (e.g. Reduced MP x 4). I strongly advise to exchange the talismans in order to maximise flux efficiency (use one setup in one battle, then change talisman setup).

Final advice:

as soon as the skills hit 2 effects x 4 fluxes, go to the magic consortium guy and buy the same skills blank again, exchange them in the spritnite menu and rinse and repeat the process. (Or use different skills). I consistently get several fluxes per battle that way.

This is what works for me and what I found most effective. I messed around with realization, battlecry and haste but the MP drain was too much. Specific weapons might hasten the process (ATB speed?). Got 101 fluxes in 2 hrs 20 minutes. Worked like a charm.

Happy grinding :D

2158efd6fe6bb740d7732869d401a029.jpg

Edited by kitsune29
  • Like 1

. Make sure there equipped with the eternal void support spritnite because the floneian vegetable stew boosts fluxation rate.

It's actually the Fried Dumpling Eggplant that boosts Fluxation rate. Everything else you said is good though. Between that and what kitsune29 said, it's definitely been helping me a ton. 

• 3 weeks later...

I finally just jumped into this game full-on yesterday (postponed it after the opening chapter on release day in favor of beating Star Ocean). I'm not too sure I understand the Flux effects to the fullest.

If my Talisman says "Tech Power" as a Flux bonus, would this mean any Tech that is considered magic would activate a Flux?

My Endir has:

Aura, Cyclone, (will have Wall as I just unlocked it), and some other stuff.

My Setsuna has:

Cure, Enthunder, Lightning

Right now I am using Nidr, who has:

Aerial Strike, Provoke, some other attack tech I don't remember.

I am still early in the game, as I

just got Kir to his true power.

Is there still a long ways to go for farming these? I got the trophy for 10 Fluxes of the attack type, I believe.

Thanks!

If my Talisman says "Tech Power" as a Flux bonus, would this mean any Tech that is considered magic would activate a Flux?

Nope. That just means that the ability will get a Tech Power-bonus when the fluxation activates.

Fluxations may occur when you use Momentum with the specific tech you want to flux. It's more or less random but the more often you use a tech, the more likely it will get a bonus. The fluxation rate can be boosted with Talismans that have the bonus "Boosts Fluxation Power" or with a recipe you will receive near the end of the game (it's called Fried Dumpling Eggplant)

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Nope. That just means that the ability will get a Tech Power-bonus when the fluxation activates.

Fluxations may occur when you use Momentum with the specific tech you want to flux. It's more or less random but the more often you use a tech, the more likely it will get a bonus. The fluxation rate can be boosted with Talismans that have the bonus "Boosts Fluxation Power" or with a recipe you will receive near the end of the game (it's called Fried Dumpling Eggplant)

Oh damn I was doing this whole thing wrong then lol! Thanks for the info.

I'm glad I asked this early in.

So, technically speaking, I want to focus on multi-boost talismans that have "Flux Boost" as one of them? My Setsuna is wearing one that has ATB Boost (which she gets when using Cure + Momentum), and also MP Consumption. Does the MP Consumption boost activate just when you use something that uses MP?

Thanks again!

Oh damn I was doing this whole thing wrong then lol! Thanks for the info.

I'm glad I asked this early in.

So, technically speaking, I want to focus on multi-boost talismans that have "Flux Boost" as one of them? My Setsuna is wearing one that has ATB Boost (which she gets when using Cure + Momentum), and also MP Consumption. Does the MP Consumption boost activate just when you use something that uses MP?

Thanks again!

The bonus I'm speaking off is different from the things you are refering. When you look at a talisman you can see two effect lines: "Bonus Effect" and "Flux Bonus". "Boosts Fluxation Power" is a bonus effect (like the effect to see enemies' HP). The other category contains the bonuses that may be attached to the spritnite. Too make it easier to understand, have a look at the following list (don't know if it's complete):

http://iamsetsuna.gamepedia.com/Talismans

A talisman that will help you to get Fluxation is e.g. Grim Courage

Speaking of your Setsuna's talisman.

When fluxation occurs one of the techs you used while Momentum will be able to get one of the bonus of the "Flux Bonus"-category. When there are multiple flux bonuses attached to the talisman it might be one of them. When choosing an MP Consumption bonus, the MP used for that specific spritnite will be reduced while using Momentum IIRC. The same applies to other flux bonuses. You can look up in the game's own encyclopedia what each bonus does. But there's also another site which lists them:

http://teambrg.com/i-am-setsuna/setsuna-flux-list-effects-combinations-faq/

(ah seems like I remembered false for MP Consumption :facepalm:).

It might also help to have a look at the video linked in this post.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39398-any-missables/#entry1053774

I didn't watch it myself but it seems like it helped others.

And to be fair:

The whole system is a bit complicated and personally I didn't understand until the very end.

And depending on your luck you will either have it easy to get the trophies for 200 Fluxations or you will have a hard time. At the end of the story I had about 80 Fluxations, after I have done everything I had about 150 Fluxations.

I hope this helps and it's somehow understandable. xD

Edited by Crimson Idol

• 4 years later...

I got the trophy even before taking control of the airship - for reference, got it while going through the Ithees Ruins.

I just always made sure that all attacks were going for Momentum kills and couple that up with the Spritnites having preferred Flux Bonuses.  Everything comes out naturally that way and will not feel like a chore.

It is a good thing that Tokyo RPG Factory had made big improvements to Fluxations - renamed them to Sublimations in Lost Sphear. I managed to sublime every single equipable spritnite for all characters (Level 10 ♛) in Lost Sphere quite easily, compared to I Am Setsuna which only half of the party's available slots were fluxed. 

It is heavily RNG and lucked based.  At least in Lost Sphear we can choose what to add to the spritnites and not just some random ability like how it is with I Am Setsuna

Levelling up Fluxations are somewhat similar to Sublimation in terms of how frequent we can land them.  I had noticed that once we get [ 4 + ] from two fluxes, it takes longer for them to go further. I did have one that went up to +6 and also read somewhere that other got +8.  For sure this will take ages to attain.

It is much quicker to just change the talisman for a new one when we reach this point, so the remaining +2 would be easier to get - which does seem very similar to Lost Sphear's [ 4 + 4 + ] to max out a spritnite.  

Edited by Eispan

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...