What are the worst games you've ever plat'ed or 100%ed?

Mad

It can be due to hard difficulty, time consuming trophies or just plain boring and pain in the ass to finish but the incomplete status bugged you enough to force yourself to finish the game

Hardest for me: Probably Terraria due to the annoying collectibles

Most time consuming: Killzone 3 due to the very specific requirements for DLC trophies. Even with boosting it took me several days worth of gaming spread over a couple months

Most boring: Proteus - the absolute dullest "game" (if you can even call it that) I've ever regrettably chose to download and open (and thus syncing the trophy info from the game onto my account). I have no idea who thought this glorified tech demo was even remotely worthy of being put on PSN.

Assassins Creed Liberation is also up there with the worst multiplayer I ever played (repeatedly tapping dots on maps and tapping kill to level up VERRRYYY slowly at least a couple hundred times). Just awful. The game didn't even need the multiplayer.

Never Alone is, and probably always will be, the game that immediately comes to mind. Such a disgustingly broken and boring game, and yet somehow they managed to make the DLC even worse. I shudder to think how broken a second DLC would be.

Other candidates would be The Swapper, Puppeteer, CounterSpy, The Last of Us... and many more, mostly due to PS+ and the steep decline in quality since 2013

• Like 1

Never Alone is, and probably always will be, the game that immediately comes to mind. Such a disgustingly broken and boring game, and yet somehow they managed to make the DLC even worse. I shudder to think how broken a second DLC would be.

Other candidates would be The Swapper, Puppeteer, CounterSpy, The Last of Us... and many more, mostly due to PS+ and the steep decline in quality since 2013

TLoU is up there solely for Grounded Mode which is just unfair to the player. I also hated the map specific dlc trophies since many times everyone would vote for the same awful maps and never the ones I needed lol.

Hardest (Plat): Metal Gear Solid 2, but I love that game, and had an absolute blast doing it! Hardest part were the VR Snake Sniper Variety Missions and MGS1 Snake Hold Ups. Also pretty time consuming considering it required 6 complete playthroughs and 500+ VR missions, as I said, it was--mostly--fun.

Worst (100%): Uncharted 3. I played the Multiplayer a decent bit, but ND really dropped the ball by releasing the trophies a year after launch altogether, instead of alongside each of the DLCs they were tied to. when many people had moved on, and by not making them retroactive. That really amounted to a a massive grind that took me 2 years of on and off playing to finish legit; that treasure system was utter nonsense. I only pray they don't pull the same crap with Uncharted 4!

TLoU is up there solely for Grounded Mode which is just unfair to the player. I also hated the map specific dlc trophies since many times everyone would vote for the same awful maps and never the ones I needed lol.

Only trouble I had in Grounded was the part where you and David have to survive against the Clicker onslaught and Bloater. I had to make every shot do the most it could, and I ended up having to pass that part THREE TIMES because my PS3 kept freezing every time I managed to kill the Bloater. I was pretty much ready to smash my disc had it frozen that third time!

Map trophies were pretty easy considering you could get 3 downs/executions, and then just hide in a corner all game. Only issue was people never picking the last 2 maps I needed, so that took a little longer.

• Like 1

Worst Or Hardest? Could it be both? (100%): Uncharted 3, oh gosh… no word. And, Operation Flashpoint Red River, it was a lot hell pain in the ass due to that nastily and horribly server that I could never forget..It’s very last map that has a lot of bad glitches.

If I platted NeverDead, I would add NeverDead to the list. Already got all online trophies, and they were deff the worst.

Games I hated completing: 

Just Cause 2 (ughh, I hated this game to begin with and it kept crashing and freezing!!  I would never recommend this game on any level)

MGS 2 (training missions!!!)

RE5 (MP!!!!!!!!!!)

Edited by dmsleight
  • Like 1

Skyrim. It was during a phase when I thought "I want to 100% my profile". I hadn't played the game since release, because it's shit. So I jump back in to clean up the trophies and I remembered why I hated the game.

It's the first and last game I played just for the platinum. After that, I learned that I don't really care about trophy hunting all that much.

• Like 1

Turdware Rivals.

I'm still missing 2 trophies kill-related and will get it eventually but once I get it, it will be the worst platinum I got so far and probably ever.

Regreted downloading that PoS game and if you ask me "why go for the plat then?" it's because I got to the point where I had 80% of the game done and well, why miss it. But I hate that game.

Never again. Now I'm downloading PS Plus games and testing them with my secondary account and if they are dull and boring I just delete them.

I agree with you completely.

Mine is either Never Alone or Ether One. Fuck playing PS+ games that I've never heard of again.

Two games come up in mind.

Most boring WATCH_DOGS: This game was boring, tedious and linear. Not to mention after the boring main story you have to complete the repetitive side missions.

Most frustrating LittleBigPlanet Karting: The game was fun and all but the online servers essentially doubled the plays required for the adventures continue trophy. I am so glad I managed to finish it though.

Worst  :platinum:: MINDJACK - One of the worst games I've ever played. I'm glad that I platted it already. I bought this game in August 2014, ditched it, then I came back for it. 

Worst complete_icon.png: Well, I'm just waiting for Shake Spears! to be my worst, but currently, I got nothing  :).

Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God. I've hated pretty much everything.

Cutesy visuals, stupid story, moronic characters, KUU, endgame grind... And the game was too easy (permadeath? pff, what permadeath?) to count as a proper roguelike fix. I've bought it out of interest, wanted to try out the Compile Heart \ Idea Factory game... well, sure won't buy anything from them anymore, their games just aren't for me. Why did I plat it? Mainly out of pride, I suppose. Couldn't let this kawaii shitstorm beat me with its cringiness.

Edited by NetEntity

Resident Evil 5 had the most boring MP grind.  Close second was Tomb Raider, but at least I could do it in private matches and zone out with Netflix on my laptop.  RE5 I actually had to pay attention.

Leisure Suit Larry was a terrible plat.  Broken game.  Lots of collectibles that require platforming with terrible controls.  And because I missed the damn speedrun trophy, I had to play it TWICE.

Edited by themindisacity

Goat Simulator, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, and Tekken Revolution were my least favorite plats/100%'s. Goat Simulator was dull, except for Flappy Goat which was infuriating, Blood Dragon bored me, and Tekken's free-to-play elements made playing it a bit of a chore. 

• Like 1

For me it would probably be Fallout 3. Don't get me wrong... I love the Fallout games & i've platinumed all 3 of them. But that god damn dlc for Fallout 3 f***ing sucks! Had to replay a whole DLC due to a trophy not popping and the game froze on me more times than I can think of. Thank god the main game wasn't like that or I most likely wouldn't like Fallout today.

Glad to stumble upon a fellow runner :D.

Also I regretted buying goat simulator for 3.99 CAD. Not worth it all IMO. It wasn't hard but I felt like I bought a platinum and flappy goat was just luck without requiring any skill...