9/10 game

zacharonii

I share your view in terms of how much i liked the 1st Dead Space to the 3rd... DS2 wasn't as scary as its predecessor, but it had it's good moments... especially in recreating scary very similar but not identical moments from Dead Space 1... for me Dead Space is one of the best horror-action-games i know... unlike Resident Evil 5 or Dead Space 3 :P

I think that dead space is more of a thriller action game over horror, it focuses more on the actual build-up and tension over actual scares, which I didn't find scary. The series in general is fantastic and it the lack of horror/thriller games in general on the ps3 is criminal

the thing that made dead space thrilling and gets you uncomfortable when entering a new area is when the necromorp's or whatever they called stalk you and move without making any noise until they grabs you from behind if you are not careful, the game makes you ended up looking behind you all the time.

I really loved Dead Space 1 so much, Dead Space 2 is good too but for some reason I think the first game is better in my point of view, never liked the third game at all but still manage to plat it while shutting my nose, I even liked extraction way more than DS3 which came as a bonus on Dead Space 2's disc.

Dead Space is an incredible series. Dead Space 1 is slowly becoming out dated, but still a phenomenal game. I think that and Dead Space 2 are pretty scary. Dead Space 1 was pretty scary due to the isolation aspect. Just being completely alone. Dead Space 2 also sort of had that feeling. I loved Dead Space 3, but it definitely was not as scary as 1 or 2. 

Either way, these games are a must play if you like action shooters. I think it is just so badass how you take down necromorphs by taking off their limbs. I got to go back and plat Dead Space 2 one of these days. 

Lov3 thus scary series. A bit sad there are no PS4 version yet or even Remasters. Shocking when evvvery serires has almost jump onto the Remaster scene.

the only thing i did not like about Dead Space was the whole silent protagonist. it always causes me to lose my immersion in a game as the character just stands there wen something happens. that is the main reason i prefer part 2 at least Issac had a voice, should he have had a voice in DS1 it would be my favorite of the 3.

defiantly worth playing and i almost missed it because of the terrible demo.

• 2 years later...
On 31.7.2016 at 8:39 PM, zacharonii said:

I played DS in 08 or 09 at a friend's house and thought how it was a very scary game. I now have finally played it for myself and thought it was still scary. Not as scary as I thought it was years ago but I think this is one of the best horror games ever created. The gameplay, atmosphere, and the story kept me in. I haven't jump as much since Alien Isolation. DS2 was great, from what I played but wasn't as scary and DS3 seemed just like an action movie. I think this is a classic and everyone should play through it at least once.

A classic game I finally start to play

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

I just finished Dead Space in 2022 and it has been a pleasant experience, a great game that is influenced by the best of movies like Alien, The Thing and games like Resident Evil 4. I think the remake has the potential to improve everything that was missing in the original as a voiced protagonist, which they already confirmed will be corrected.  Good horror and action game, with a cool weapon like the Plasma Cutter, I definitely put it among the best horror games of all time.