Is this game worth getting now?

KashSenpai

If you want it purely for MP: No, your too late for the party. There are still players around but only in TDM. But the community died like 1 year ago, if not earlier. There are only some noobs and a little group of tryharders. So you probably wont have much fun, if you start from 0 now. 

The Singleplayer is definitly worth it any time. Gameplaywise  the Crysis games have the best Singleplayer in AAA Shooters, the graphics are even better than in exclusives like Killzone 3 and the story is good.

The frame rate isn't great but it didn't feel nearly as low as 15-20. Maybe dips that low but not constant. The game itself is pretty fun if you can get it for a good price. I got it for $5 and it was worth it to me. The only problem would be the servers and lack of people playing since I got the platinum back in 2014. On top of that, the online games ran very bad, full of lag and people exploiting it. I can imagine the player count is even smaller now.

This website says there are only 46 people online right now although I don't know how accurate that is and would imagine it would be higher earlier in the day. According to the same website I had 7 hours of gameplay so that is about how long it would take to get to level 20. I also don't know how reliable those numbers are and I currently don't have access to my PS3 for the next month or so to check so use it as a minimum number and take it with a grain of salt.

In August 2014 they gave us the game through PS+ and that was after I had earned the platinum so maybe the servers are more populated because of that. None of the trophies are hard really but it will take some time to get to level 20 and it might be hard to find lobbies to play Hunter Mode to kill the 10 Hunters.