No Man's Sky Trophy List Discussion Thread

Aranea Highwind

It's pretty much what you'd expect from an open world game with little of an overarching story. With a game like this, you're doing the wrong thing no matter what trophies you use - it will either be situational stuff (find a ruin. use a portal, get stepped on, drown, kill a bunny, whatever) which means people will complain about wasting trophies on stuff that is not important to the game, or it will be a grind of some statistic and people will complain that it's either too much of a grind or not enough of a grind, and/or that it's not situational stuff.

Just ignore the trophies if you don't like them. That's not what this game is about.

Personally, I think this is a great list which accentuates some different aspects of the space exploration. When you have the platinum, you should be well on your way of figuring out how this game works and how to get the most out of the rest of your playtime.

And once you have that platinum...

pZLxv.gif

I'm geeking out on all of the science-fiction literature references for the trophy names  ^_^

Honestly, trophies have put somewhat of a dampener on games for me lately, so looking forward to just chilling out with this game.  So what that you can obtain the platinum in 2/3 days?  That doesn't mean you can explore every part of this galaxy...for me it's all about the joy of discovery 

So very much this. These trophies can be easily ignored since you'll get them eventually anyway. It's a true exploration game. Can't wait to see a bunch of "discovered by BillyHorrible" texts on dinosaurs!

That guy has all but 2 trophies in like 2 days.  :giggle:  xD

2 days, but he may have been playing non stop. I would if I got a game like this early

Exactly what I thought. I know I've made sure I don't have to show up for work the first two days of playing this game...

• Like 2

One word comes to mind: Shit.

What a shite list lol xD It's the same 5 trophies repeated for different numbers. Lazy much :popcorn:

Well with a bad list comes an average game, that is fun for a weekend amirite :awesome:

What else would you have exptected from a game that doesn't have a story and everything is procedurally genereted? Sounds to me like you have wrong expectations of what the game is going to be.

• Like 1

I'm geeking out on all of the science-fiction literature references for the trophy names  ^_^

Honestly, trophies have put somewhat of a dampener on games for me lately, so looking forward to just chilling out with this game.  So what that you can obtain the platinum in 2/3 days?  That doesn't mean you can explore every part of this galaxy...for me it's all about the joy of discovery 

If this game were like mass effect 2, people took days or weeks to get platinum believe in me :)

I'm looking forward to this, but is it just me, or was anyone expecting more trophies for this? Like at least 45-50 trophies for this game specifically. Maybe there will be DLC trophies coming as well? Either way, I'm looking forward to this.

What else would you have exptected from a game that doesn't have a story and everything is procedurally genereted? Sounds to me like you have wrong expectations of what the game is going to be.

No, no, no you got me wrong, I expect the game to flop and be completely "meh", I just wanna have a laugh at the expense of all the people bigging this game up like it's the best thing ever xD

Man, for once I wouldn't even care if this game had no trophies at all, or a thousand-hour grind to the platinum. I'm buying it day one because it's exactly what I've been jonesing for for years: a game where I can relax and explore and discover the endless unknown of space all by my lonesome. To that end, the trophy list looks fine. We're encouraged to do a few different things, but none of it's going to take extraordinary time or effort, so we're free to go back and play however we wish.

• Like 4

No :)Consolitude in 2 days has 88% trophies so i believe this is another easy peasy platinum :D

Guy almost has platinum, either very easy or he's hacking. He's only almost 2 days in.

Looking at those timestamps though he does seem to be gaming full days on this. That looks like 20-30 hours played easily.

I'm looking forward to this, but is it just me, or was anyone expecting more trophies for this? Like at least 45-50 trophies for this game specifically. Maybe there will be DLC trophies coming as well? Either way, I'm looking forward to this.

Well, if you want more trophies then you have to use more bronze. Evidently the developers felt like doing the bronze-silver-gold combo a few times, using those golds means the trophy value is used up sooner. Contrast Arkham Knight with 1 platinum, 1 gold, 1 silver and 62 bronze...

The developers have previously stated that there will be no DLC but rather just free updates of the game. Seeing as the game is procedurally generated, DLC that is not additional resources or vehicles et cetera would be a bit difficult to do. I wouldn't rule out trophies in those updates but I'm guessing that this is it.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1