No Man's Sky Trophy List Discussion Thread

Aranea Highwind

I used to be an achievement hunter but these days I can't stand it any more. For games like Uncharted 4, I even just turn off the trophy notifications so they don't distract me. I happily said goodbye to that game after finishing the story and getting less than half the trophies. I may return to it eventually for a second playthrough, perhaps even getting some more trophies but for now I'm on to the next game I won't 100%.

I don't mean No Man's Sky with that by the way, with a trophy list like this and how many hours I plan on sinking into it, I have no doubt that I've obtained that platinum before I'm even close to finished with it.

I'm the kind of players who have no hurry to platinum games! it may take one month or one year, if I put in my head i can platinum a certain game nothing will stop me (not even online trophies lol) since for now i have more time to play i will try to get 100% on U4 but that speedrun trophy can become a headache because i heard that pause cant stop the time like happen on resident evil remake

From how frequently they mentioned the size of the game, I thought the platinum would take a little longer than that. At the very least I didn't expect the gold trophy for exploration to only take a day.

Don't really like how the trophies are handed out for just playing the game, either. I prefer trophies to add to the game by having you do things you wouldn't normally do, although that's just me. Rather disappointed with the list overall.

• Like 1

From how frequently they mentioned the size of the game, I thought the platinum would take a little longer than that. At the very least I didn't expect the gold trophy for exploration to only take a day.

Don't really like how the trophies are handed out for just playing the game, either. I prefer trophies to add to the game by having you do things you wouldn't normally do, although that's just me. Rather disappointed with the list overall.

To each his own... Some of us are actually glad that there's no weird trophy stuff of things you would never normally do :-)

I don't really care what the trophies are or how easy they are. To me, this game is like Minecraft. You can beat it/ plat it really quickly if you wanted to, but it's meant to be played for a long time to explore everything and actually enjoy the game for what it is, not for it's trophies.

• Like 3

If the apparent length of time it takes to complete the trophy list gives people reservations about the game, maybe you ought not bother with it and spend your $60 elsewhere. Because at that point, you aren't playing a game, you're crossing off a list. How dull.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

This Consolitude person that has the Platinum already.....could it be this guy?

Someone paid $1,300 to play No Man’s Sky two weeks early - http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/29/12327786/no-mans-sky-early-copy-leak-gameplay-spoilers

Yes, he's very active on reddit and has been clear that that's him and that he went back and cleaned up his remaining two trophies today once the trophy list went live.

$1300, all to play a game a week early... must be nice to have that kind of money. I'd use it to go on a holiday with the missus for two weeks.

Also, it appears he paid this not to the developers but to some shady practice... just exactly how legal is this? My guess is not very.

I won't be watching those movie files he's uploading, I'll handle waiting another week.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Did he get the platinum and reach the center of the universe? Or just get the platinum? I don't want to read the reddit page and spoil it all.

He reached the center a day or two ago. I think he had owned the game for around 20-25 hours at the time.

Edited by Shadiochao

Looks like some people here shouldn't bother at all getting the game, seeing as how they're only interested in obtaining all of its trophies, and shit on the game for what it is not just because the trophy list is "too short and easy". Well, at least if I bother on going for the trophies whenever I get the game, at least I shouldn't worry about doing too many things that I wouldn't bother on doing if it weren't for the trophies. Usually doing that kills my vibe, and well, makes my experience with the game less entertaining. And am loving the trophies's names, by the way.

• Like 1

The thing that strikes me that I feel ought to be mentioned, his game experience will be entirely different to other peoples.  Which is the joy of procedural generation and algorithms. 

We will all start at different places in the universe, encounter different things and may not even meet another player.  For him it may take 2 days, for us it may take 2 weeks.

I may be mistaken on this element, but I was pretty sure that there was a single player portion of No Man's Sky for those who didn't want to play online?  It could be that he played the single player element (again, I'm speculating based on my experiences with playing ARK: Survival Evolved as there is a single player experience attached to that and that's a heavy online based game)

I'm quite pleased with the trophy list. To me, it means you're not playing a game just to get the plat and straight to the "finished/100%, do not install/open ever again" lot. This is more in the lines of Elite: Dangerous. If you play just to get the trophies, you'll be missing the main idea of the game (explore, trade, fight). I have almost 670 hours logged into E:D since November last year, not even close to my first 100M credits, let alone managed to fly more than 2K LY from Sol. And the game still has a lot to offer for me.

It'll probably be a game you'll play a lot during the first days/weeks/months, then occasionally whenever you want to do some exploring or hunt stuff. Not everyone's cup of coffee, but surely my favorite. If you're just going to get it for the trophies, rather than the gameplay, then I'd say save your money.

Edited by djGLCKR
  • Like 1

$1300, all to play a game a week early... must be nice to have that kind of money. I'd use it to go on a holiday with the missus for two weeks.

Also, it appears he paid this not to the developers but to some shady practice... just exactly how legal is this? My guess is not very.

I won't be watching those movie files he's uploading, I'll handle waiting another week.

That is nothing lol

I see many people wasting more money than that for supply drops on BO3... to get legendary or rare things (i mean .... "cof cof" 70% repetitive things and no interest)

I've always been much controversy on this subject, because I used to play with 4 friends and they always  spend money for nothing ...

Can you imagine if this guy could pay again to play for example games that will be launched here a month? everything is possible, money moves people's heads

• Like 1