First mission S rank.

What's with the rank of that mission? I played it many times for fast SSP, few tags, level up and a couple of trophies. With the whole team but also solo or just two characters. No matter what I do I never manage to get the S rank. If I have A for the time I am short on Phantoma. If I collect the Phantoma I spend too much time.

Not that it's necessary to S rank it (or any other mission but one for the trophy), but now it became a personal matter. Is there a trick or something? 

I finally did it. Solo, but it ended up like this:

Time:          6:45 B

Phantoma:    41 B

Kills:               0 A

An Army of One

Mission Grade S

So, two B and still I get an S. Sure I didn't understand. I thought at least two had to be A.

Anyway, no. I was playing as Trey. I hate Ace and his stupid cards. lol And thanks for answering. :)

PS: The trick is to play solo, no SP,  so we can avoid to kill the commanders first. More soldiers will arrive giving more Phantoma. Plus obviously that two B (at least solo) are enough.

Edited by Michelasso

• 4 years later...
On 8/1/2016 at 9:41 AM, Sir_JechtSin said:

I finally did it. Solo, but it ended up like this:

Time:          6:45 B

Phantoma:    41 B

Kills:               0 A

An Army of One

Mission Grade S

So, two B and still I get an S. Sure I didn't understand. I thought at least two had to be A.

Anyway, no. I was playing as Trey. I hate Ace and his stupid cards. lol And thanks for answering. :)

PS: The trick is to play solo, no SP,  so we can avoid to kill the commanders first. More soldiers will arrive giving more Phantoma. Plus obviously that two B (at least solo) are enough.

I know this is an old post, but I am to guess it may have to be because of "An Army of One". Considering the game counts it as a rare objective.