Ghostbusters developer fireforge games files for bankrupt less then a week after game released

Conker

They made a shitty cash grab game based off of a cash grab movie remake of an actually good 80's movie and they charged full price for it. Don't know what they, or anyone else, really expected.

EDIT: I read a little about them. Seems like they've been having money and legal troubles for years. Also seems like this game failing was the little push they needed to go and file for bankruptcy.

Edited by Waffles
  • Like 2

That was fast. The game never really stood a chance with the way it was handled, so this isn't all too shocking either.

Didn't even know there was a new ghostbusters game.

Maybe TTG can get the license and make a Ghostbusters game (with the original team)

Who would the original team be referring to in this case—just using the characters or having the actors reprising their roles as well? I'd like to play a good Ghostbusters game again, but Harold Ramis being dead and Rick Moranis being unlikely to return in either case makes it less appealing for me if they use the non-remake characters.

That what happen when You fuck It up an Ghostbuster game burn doen In HELL

Here a review for people who didnt know about this atrocity

<video snip>

Good lord, they actually have one of the characters say "They are making supernatural herstory". I don't even want to know what other cringy buzzword dialogue is also in the game as I fear I would suffer permanent facial damage.

Also I had no idea this was supposed to be a sequel. I guess it's the only sequel the reboot will ever get.

That was fast. The game never really stood a chance with the way it was handled, so this isn't all too shocking either.

Who would the original team be referring to in this case—just using the characters or having the actors reprising their roles as well? I'd like to play a good Ghostbusters game again, but Harold Ramis being dead and Rick Moranis being unlikely to return in either case makes it less appealing for me if they use the non-remake characters.

That is why I said team :( RIP Harold Ramis.

But Back to the Future was done without Fox and it turned out great :D.

• Like 1

That's what they get for making a half-assed game like this and try to sell it for a big price. I mean shit, look at the 2009 game! It was a fucking masterpiece, so why would they screw with that formula? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The first thing I thought when I looked up gameplay footage of this on YouTube was "It looks like Sanctum of Slime". And we all know that sucked.

On a different note, the 2009 Ghostbusters game needs to be remastered and put on PS4, since remastering old games seems to be a popular thing to do now, and considering that the 2009 game is the only Ghostbusters game that is worth a damn. 

• Like 1

On a different note, the 2009 Ghostbusters game needs to be remastered and put on PS4, since remastering old games seems to be a popular thing to do now, and considering that the 2009 game is the only Ghostbusters game that is worth a damn. 

The New Ghostbusters II for NES and Ghostbusters on Genesis were good games

Edited by LeetWolf2

From what I've read, the studio was shit when it came to both managing money, and development. Seems this shit pile was their desperate attempt at staying afloat. Too bad it is as half assed as the movie it ties into. Both deserving the bargain bin/landfill treatment. 

You haven't even played them, have you? Or you're probably confusing them with "Ghostbusters II" on NES and "Ghostbusters" on Master System which were bad games.

Yes, I was referring to Ghostbusters 2 on NES. 2 was better than 1, but that's not saying much.

And yes, I have played Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on NES. Terrible games.

Edited by jackmadrox

Yes, I was referring to Ghostbusters 2 on NES. 2 was better than 1, but that's not saying much.

And yes, I have played Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on NES. Terrible games.

Well I wasn't, I was talking about "New Ghostbusters II" and "Ghostbusters" on Genesis/Mega Drive. Try using your eyes to read next time  ;)