How the hell someone already platinumed it ?

SRKsAashiq

I don't like that guy, bit of a selfish and an ungrateful jerk he's not the #1 material on No Man's sky. Just a spoiling brat who plays new games like everyone else and shows off too.

I'm actually #1 myself. Game of Thrones PS3. And i'm not like the person who platinum No Man's Sky PS4 by selfishness and unwillingly that's it!

Edited by Nexuds121
  • Like 1

there goes the leader board no.1 first achiever dream for a lots of people I guess....

I find it pathetic that someone wastes such an exorbitant amount of money ($1300) just to be first to plat the game. I'm not interested in getting the game; never was, but that is dipshit attitude. I can understand someone collecting rare games for that kind of money, like NBA Elite 11 (canceled) or Cyberbike 2 (very hard to find, and very hard to get it shipped, if you're not living in Germany), or even spending that money for a testkit/devkit, but come on, $1,300 to just be first? And then he reports a glitch he USED, just so nobody will ever beat his time. Assholes like him...

• Like 3

I find it pathetic that someone wastes such an exorbitant amount of money ($1300) just to be first to plat the game. I'm not interested in getting the game; never was, but that is dipshit attitude. I can understand someone collecting rare games for that kind of money, like NBA Elite 11 (canceled) or Cyberbike 2 (very hard to find, and very hard to get it shipped, if you're not living in Germany), or even spending that money for a testkit/devkit, but come on, $1,300 to just be first? And then he reports a glitch he USED, just so nobody will ever beat his time. Assholes like him...

People will beat his time within 24 hours of the game going live.

He has the retail version, all you do is turn off the network connection or don't apply the update and you are on the same game as him - as the discs were already pressed. It took him about 30 hours, but shows 2.5 days, so if you play solidly you could probably get the plat in about 15-20 hours.

Don't we all (or most of us) play games for the trophies, and doesn't the platinum usually indicate game over/completed?. Why would I platinum a game then continue to play it just because there's loads of stuff to do/places to see etc.I'll probably move on to my next game with more trophies to unlock. With the exception of something really really good, once the plat pops, that's it as far as I'm concerned until the nigh on mandatory dlc starts to appear with over-priced season passes in tow. Realistically, the release version of most games nowadays is at best 30-40% of the full experience with the rest of what would have been the base game being released as dlc/add ons. Using that as an indicator, you might actually be looking at a full game of around 70-90 hours, but only if you put your hands back in your pockets and pay out more cash. I'd pass on this and if it's value you're after, order Rise of the Tomb Raider which is getting released with all dlc and more for one price (and it's a bloody brilliant game to boot!).

The notion that he bought it for $1,300 just to be the first to platinum the game is absurd. I highly doubt he cared about trophies too much - trophy hunters aren't a large playerbase.

Oh and also http://i.imgur.com/5VqGvPg.png, SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY! Who buys iTunes cards anymore?? And for $200+?

Why does it matter? What seems like a waste of money to you might not to him. He (supposedly) was incredibly hyped for that game, and he had the money to experience it a lot earlier than anyone else. Why is this a problem? Likewise, what's wrong with buying iTunes cards?

• Like 2

I don't understand why people keep asking how someones obtained a platinum before a games released.. Like seriously? The person who has obtained the platinum could have gotten the game in many different ways for example. A store released a game before it was supposed to be released (very rare but can happen), developer of the game, game tester, game reviewer, purchased an early copy. youtuber (they get games early to play sometimes). That's pretty much everyone who could get a platinum for a game before it was released. 

• Like 2

Hey, how 'bout we buy ultra expensive early access tickets to an art gallery and just race through the corridors to the exit and then tell everyone about how small it is.

Same principle to what this guy did...

The fact that people justify $1300 being spent ludicrously like this is more absurd than the person himself who bought it for this much.

He didn't buy it specifically to be the first to platinum or whatever. And what's wrong with reporting a gamebreaking bug!? He's just trying to make the game a better place.

• Like 1

A better place?! You fool. He's not a game tester or any other sort, how or whatever you call it. If he is, he would of had his account verify with a white tick next to his psn gamtertag right now just like the other developers has their's in it. Popass.

Edited by Nexuds121

A better place?! You fool. He's not a game tester or any other sort, how or whatever you call it. If he is, he would of had his account verify with a white tick next to his psn gamtertag right now just like the other developers has their's in it. Popass.

You don't have to be a game tester to give feedback tho...

That actually means this game is overrated as fuck. I mean, it is even hard to plat a regular rpg game in 2 days.

This is what false advertising again. Create hype just like on Crap_Dogs and release a game doesnt meet the expectations.

There is no false advertising. The only time there was any real talk about game length was in 2014 when Sean said you could get to the center in 40-1000 hours depending on how you traveled and how much you got side tracked.

He actually farmed fuel from a exploited source and then jumped to the center through every black hole he could find. 

Why anyone would do that is beyond me..

and I bet this is already nerfed but he played without any launch patch so herpy derpy..

Something i bet is already nerfed but he played without any launch patch so herpy derpy..

THE GAME IS AS LONG AS YOU WANT IT TO BE.

Edited by RinSatori
  • Like 1

I play games because it's fun to play games.

So do I, but that's not the point I was making. How many games do you continue to play once you've achieved the platinum, and be honest. The completion of 75% says that you also play for trophies. This is after all a site dedicated to that.

So do I, but that's not the point I was making. How many games do you continue to play once you've achieved the platinum, and be honest. The completion of 75% says that you also play for trophies. This is after all a site dedicated to that.

At the moment I only play Uncharted 4 and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Both game which I have Platinumed while ago.

Edit: Not only, mostly I meant.

Edited by Juzota

Its just a game after all. No matter how long  it takes to get the plat the game might be great or not so great. Everyone has a different taste in videogames. :) Besides sometimes the short games make a big impact on someone like journey did with some.

So there are now two threads discussing how "bad" the game is just because the platinum can be obtained in twenty to thirty hours. It shows that those people just don't understand how this game works at all.

Unfortunately, this applies to many people on these forums...  Want to talk crap about a game all because of trophies -_-

• Like 2

Unfortunately, this applies to many people on these forums... Want to talk crap about a game all because of trophies -_-

I fear that for this game, it's not even really about the trophies. If anything gets sufficiently hyped, there will be people who are sick of news about it just because it is a hype and they'll grasp at anything to draw negative attention to it.

This game was always bound to get people hating it, because it's a high profile game with such an unfamiliar concept - you don't need to do anything, but it's a whole universe to explore and marvel at. Yes there are certain goals you can set yourself but the lack of a trophy for it shows even the developers don't think you have to see the centre of the universe if you don't want to. I'm actually glad at the lack of a goal, because if I reach a goal then I'm tempted to start playing something else. With this game, I can just keep exploring, wondering what's out there.

GOD I hope I see one of those long-necked giants with the face of a seahorse. I'm just going to sit back and watch the herd move. I hope they do the smart thing and release a VR patch...

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2