How the hell someone already platinumed it ?

SRKsAashiq

Well this turned out to be an incredibly disappointing turn of events, critics are probably gonna love it anyhow and suck the developer's dick as if no procedurally generated game had been invented before but at the end of the day it was all just a colory dream.

They should've known better, they shook Spielberg's hand.

Edited by EstebanFox

This update seems pretty positive for the game:  http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Thanks for sharing, good read. So there appears to be a hidden overarching story after all, with missions no less... I'm intrigued.

... I'm probably still just going to look for a sunny planet with a nice island, awesome herbivore dinosaurs and an amazing sunset and just sit there for the rest of the time, but I'm intrigued nontheless.

Also, heheh, pooping valuable resources... They've been paying attention to Futurama (Nibbler poops incredibly dense and efficient starship fuel) or alternatively American Dad (Roger poops gold with diamonds).

Fuck I'm in the verge of getting it this week or waiting for a sale.

I'm "afraid" that the whole Atlas trophies are tied to discoveries (well, this is obvious but read on) and even though there are quintillions of planets.. that somehow I'll keep traversing the universe finding planets and stuff already discovered by __xxPussyMaster98_xx and other people and the grinding turns out to be ridiculous "Damn I'm only missing 1 new planet and have traveled for 5 hours now and everything has been discovered!!!".

Maybe I'm overreacting I dunno.

Fuck I'm in the verge of getting it this week or waiting for a sale.

I'm "afraid" that the whole Atlas trophies are tied to discoveries (well, this is obvious but read on) and even though there are quintillions of planets.. that somehow I'll keep traversing the universe finding planets and stuff already discovered by __xxPussyMaster98_xx and other people and the grinding turns out to be ridiculous "Damn I'm only missing 1 new planet and have traveled for 5 hours now and everything has been discovered!!!".

Maybe I'm overreacting I dunno.

I did the math so you don't have to be afraid. There's 18 quintillion planets in the game (18.446.744.073.709.551.616 to be exact). Current estimations put our world population just past 7.4 billion. Now let's assume that everybody in the world is going to play this game. Even those without consoles or computers, from the day old infant to the hundred year old buddist.

If every single person alive wants to play the game, that leaves us still at more than 2.4 billion planets per person. I think that we'll be safe :)

I'm hoping that they used this to their advantage and will put each new player logging in at least about ten million planets removed from another player. The update Velvet posted shows that they're adding some stuff so you can find people close by easier though, don't know if I'm up for that but we'll see what happens. In any case you can just share your galactic coordinates with people you actually want to see.

P.S. I think it's cool that Hello Games are resetting the servers, it gives everyone a fair chance. Fairer, at least, Europe still has to wait an extra day.

Edited by BillyHorrible

They cheated using an exploit!

"10x larger Universe"

"Exploits – infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit among other removed. People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but people are weird and can’t stop themselves" source

Edited by gtasthehunter

Personally, I'm glad that the plat doesn't seem to take that long. As a gamer with a job, I don't have 100+ hours to pour into a game like this. 20-30 hours is ideal for a long-game for me. It doesn't seem like the kind of game where you want to be distracted by the trophies either.

I'm hoping that the game is good enough to keep my attention beyond that too. Everything I've read lately seems very encouraging. 

I did the math so you don't have to be afraid. There's 18 quintillion planets in the game (18.446.744.073.709.551.616 to be exact). Current estimations put our world population just past 7.4 billion. Now let's assume that everybody in the world is going to play this game. Even those without consoles or computers, from the day old infant to the hundred year old buddist.

If every single person alive wants to play the game, that leaves us still at more than 2.4 billion planets per person. I think that we'll be safe :)

I'm hoping that they used this to their advantage and will put each new player logging in at least about ten million planets removed from another player. The update Velvet posted shows that they're adding some stuff so you can find people close by easier though, don't know if I'm up for that but we'll see what happens. In any case you can just share your galactic coordinates with people you actually want to see.

P.S. I think it's cool that Hello Games are resetting the servers, it gives everyone a fair chance. Fairer, at least, Europe still has to wait an extra day.

Thanks for the math  xD

But the key point is spawning point. Hopefully like you say we'll all spawn billions of planets away from each other otherwise it will turn out to be a boring grind. There is obviously gonna be leaderboards and you know how obsessive people are, I bet that in a week or two there will be reports of "One guy who already discovered half the universe using an in-house server farm" or "tool created by 6-year old russian hacker that can find 10.000 planets per second" and shit like that.

Personally, I'm glad that the plat doesn't seem to take that long. As a gamer with a job, I don't have 100+ hours to pour into a game like this. 20-30 hours is ideal for a long-game for me. It doesn't seem like the kind of game where you want to be distracted by the trophies either.

I'm hoping that the game is good enough to keep my attention beyond that too. Everything I've read lately seems very encouraging. 

I don't think this game will change the world and is going to be one of my all time "top 10"... however seems like a pretty decent game and I concur I would like to explore without worrying about trophies and also won't be Skyrim'd the shit out of it for 200 hours!

• Like 1

Thanks for the math  xD

But the key point is spawning point. Hopefully like you say we'll all spawn billions of planets away from each other otherwise it will turn out to be a boring grind. There is obviously gonna be leaderboards and you know how obsessive people are, I bet that in a week or two there will be reports of "One guy who already discovered half the universe using an in-house server farm" or "tool created by 6-year old russian hacker that can find 10.000 planets per second" and shit like that.

I don't think this game will change the world and is going to be one of my all time "top 10"... however seems like a pretty decent game and I concur I would like to explore without worrying about trophies and also won't be Skyrim'd the shit out of it for 200 hours!

Well, they already wiped the servers because of all those people playing leaked copies while they want to give everyone a fair chance, moving all the planets in the process... I have little doubt that if someone cheats his way to exploring, they'll find something against that too. Say what you will about the game but the developers are very committed. And yeah people are too obsessive, which frankly just goes against the whole point of the game. Looking at this part of the update is enough to show what the developers themselves think about it and tend to do about it, even when just looking at the few who play the game before launch, they have already fixed it AT launch!

Exploits – infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit among other removed. People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but people are weird and can’t stop themselves ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Also, yeah this game won't change the world. It has made the non-science population aware of procedurally generated content, so that's a plus, but other than that this is just a fun game to lose yourself in for a while. It's the space stage of Spore, done right :)

• Like 1

People can rest easy. I played over two hours and just got my first trophy. Unless you rush to the trophy milestones and do nothing else, this will definitely take a while. Should even take a while if you rush things, I don't see myself platinuming this within a week, let alone two days.

Also, this game is fucking amazing, but whatevs.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

I know I'm a little late to the party, but this game looks to be very much what you make of it.

If you concentrate on just doing the relevant things to get to the 'end', of course it's going to be shorter than if you explored and did all the other shit.

Honestly, this is like complaining Skyrim has no content because you can finish the main story in 2 hours.

It was never advertised to be anything more or anything less than an exploration game, and from the looks of it, that's exactly what it is.

Edit: People also complained that Witcher 3 had too much content, which tells me that people depend too heavily on developers pushing them in whichever direction they're told to, rather than just messing about and making their own fun.

They want open worlds, but open worlds that are not too full of stuff to do, but then complain when the world is big but has nothing to do in it.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

I know I'm a little late to the party, but this game looks to be very much what you make of it.

If you concentrate on just doing the relevant things to get to the 'end', of course it's going to be shorter than if you explored and did all the other shit.

Honestly, this is like complaining Skyrim has no content because you can finish the main story in 2 hours.

It was never advertised to be anything more or anything less than an exploration game, and from the looks of it, that's exactly what it is.

Edit: People also complained that Witcher 3 had too much content, which tells me that people depend too heavily on developers pushing them in whichever direction they're told to, rather than just messing about and making their own fun.

They want open worlds, but open worlds that are not too full of stuff to do, but then complain when the world is big but has nothing to do in it.

Fun fact: loving this game but couldn't get through Witcher because of the mentioned too large world and too little direction :-) bit of a different case though since Witcher has a much clearer red line and overarching plot.

Related: I got Witcher again a couple of days ago to give it another shot. I love these games but too large and I can't keep up. Need to do the same for Fallout, Skyrim and Dragon Age. I can complete GTA and Assassin's Creed just fine, those have a big pushy hand in your back.

Edit: I never complained about them though, I know the problem is with me.

Edited by BillyHorrible

6-year old russian hacker that can find 10.000 planets per second

Then it would still take more than 20 billion YEARS to find all of them. Human brains aren't built to understand large numbers, but it's big enough to never have to meet anyone even if you play non-stop for thousands of years. The server reset makes it sound like someone already blasted through 84% of the universe, but that's just not possible. Hello Games shouldn't even have brought up the server reset, but just show how an incredibly unbelievable insignificant portion of the universe might have been visited before launch.

Then again, as you said, it's all about where you spawn. The real life universe is pretty big, but as humans tend to spawn on Earth, I see them around a lot.

I chose to buy this after watching some of the IGN gameplay stuff they had Sean Murray demo for them so I knew what I was getting into.

It's a charming game, I kinda like that the trophies aren't particularly linked to the whole get to the centre of the universe thing.  Means you can just explore if you want to.  Had a couple of hours on it last night and I enjoyed it, a pleasant diversion.  It the sort of thing I think will always be there for a 30 minute blast to meander around discovering things.

This was never going to be Elite or Star Citizen (vapour-ware), it exists in a different genre.  It think those let down were expecting to be the next Han Solo.  I'm going to get plenty of enjoyment marvelling at this gorgeous game without rushing through.

• Like 1

I really dont want to be offtopic but, crap_dogs 2 cant be downgraded because game looks from 2011 anyway :D

:facepalm: 2011? Get yourself a PS4 or something haha, things have changed  :lol: Sticking to that bandwagon eh?  :giggle:

In all seriousness though, nobody can tell this games worth. We will all have a different opinion, which is good! And I respect that :highfive:  Some people will put in many hours, others not so much. Disregarding the game because someone got the platinum "too fast"?  :hmm: Come on guys, more to gaming than than... trophies  :holy: But then, easy trophies  :eyebrow:

• Like 1

Judging by the PSN_Profiles rarity as of now, this is going to be a 15%-20% "Rare" platinum so I guess I can rest in peace that people are finding it easy to rush through it even after day-1 patch (not that I'd buy this full price to rush it, but, ya know).

Edited by ps_psychedelic

Judging by the PSN_Profiles rarity as of now, this is going to be a 15%-20% "Rare" platinum so I guess I can rest in peace that people are finding it easy to rush through it even after day-1 patch (not that I'd buy this full price to rush it, but, ya know).

How are you calculating that rarity? Because I see 12K gamers of which 93 have the platinum. It may become a bigger percentage since it's an easy game to play, it's just big.

I've played about 50 hours now and I haven't gotten the platinum yet. In my experience though, if you really want to go for it then you could probably 100% this within 20 hours, 30 tops, and with just a little bit of the grind to be able to get enough warp cells for the jumps (and that's still grindless at this point if you also want to abuse a bug). That probably means that the rarity on here will become as you say 15%-20% or even higher, but I doubt it'll hit that on PSN because there's a huge amount of gamers playing this not for the trophies. This 20-30 hour completion would be for trophy hunters who don't care about the games they play though because this game has so much to offer next to the trophies... I'm guessing that the 'real' trophy hunters won't start on this game until they can get it for €20 or so, because like you said what's the point in paying full price for a game like this if you're only going to rush it?

Edited by BillyHorrible

The trophy percentage will get much higher. The only trophy (i think) that keeps the percentage so low is The Sentinel, as it requires hours of grinding (at least for me, have not found an extreme planet where it was useful to stay). All other trophies will be earned sooner or later.

How are you calculating that rarity? Because I see 12K gamers of which 93 have the platinum. It may become a bigger percentage since it's an easy game to play, it's just big.

I'm basing myself on a game like The Division, where the plat is really easy and almost gets "in your way" if you're addicted to it. So, many people got this game and eventually after playing a lot trophies will pop without much restrain (Not the same happens to Destiny, because no matter how many addicts there are playing that 24/7, the "not dying on a raid" trophy is what keeps people from casual-platin' the game).

The trophy percentage will get much higher. The only trophy (i think) that keeps the percentage so low is The Sentinel, as it requires hours of grinding (at least for me, have not found an extreme planet where it was useful to stay). All other trophies will be earned sooner or later.

I'm basing myself on a game like The Division, where the plat is really easy and almost gets "in your way" if you're addicted to it. So, many people got this game and eventually after playing a lot trophies will pop without much restrain (Not the same happens to Destiny, because no matter how many addicts there are playing that 24/7, the "not dying on a raid" trophy is what keeps people from casual-platin' the game).

Some friends of mime who are taking their time to play it and are not trophy hunters said that the game has easy trophies. There may be some grinding required but it's not difficult.

I'm also saying this is an easy completion, I just don't think the platinum will reach 15% on PSN.

There are two stats keeping casual players from completing this game: surviving on an extreme planet because 1) you first need to find one, 2) you need to want (and be able) to survive on it, and 3) the counter resets if you die in between extreme planets. Also, the shooting down ships part - you have to shoot a lot of ships, either innocent ones for barely any reward or pirates which you could also run away from and will only appear once you've made a lot of progress (didn't see a single one during my first 30 or 40 hours, only once I started doing the Atlas quests).

Next to that, there will be a LOT of gamers who got in on the hype and didn't like the game at all, leaving it incomplete.

I have little doubt it will reach at least 20% on PSNprofiles, I just don't think it will do so well in completion on PSN. Yes it's an easy completion, it will just take a lot of time if you're not concentrating on it. I casual played for over 50 hours and the only stats not fully done are the two I mentioned, and doing enough jumps.

The 100% scanning all planets will take some extra time as well by the way because an extra action is required for it next to just scanning it all, you also need to cash in the reward which is not really explained in-game of how to go about it.

Edited because I went with A B C instead of 1 2 3 and apparently with the added ")" my B becomes a B) - I still have to get used to this smiley system that doesn't use brackets.

Edited by BillyHorrible