ATTACK ON TITAN 進撃の巨人 Will Be Digital Only on PS3

maxresdefault.jpg

The upcoming game was confirmed to be digital only for PS3 and PS Vita, while the PS4 version will be receiving a physical release. I am not a fan of the anime by any means, but I was thinking of getting this game when it came out for my PS3 (PS4 crapped out) but now I am not so sure. I can't stand digital games. 

ATTACK ON TITAN releases August 30 for all systems in North America.

DETAILS

• Developed by Koie Tecmo
  • Releases on PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Xbox One on August 30, 2016 in NA, August 26 in EU
  • Uses the same graphical style of the anime 
  • Eren's Titan form is confirmed as a playable gameplay feature
  • The game contains fully destructible environments and you can use certain pieces of the world in fights as weapons

Edited by Rin Kagamine

Was expecting that outcome form a mile away for the PS3 but got suprised about knowing that the Vita will also be digital only . I'm not sure if i will be getting this game either since it's digital only nad the file size for it willp probably be really big and i don't have much drive space to work around on my PS3 and also about the possible framerate problems .

Wait is this releasing in Europe? I mean I want to buy this on a PS Vita and I have a European account. I don't really want to play this on my PS4.

Also why is it a huge problem that the ps3 is digital only? Just asking. I never had a issue with it.

Edited by Emachifu

That is the future for PS3 and Vita: if they get a new game, it will be digital only. And while I have no problems with Vita's digital library, this news is a new nail on the PS3 coffin.

Oh yeah, and I just noticed that it will be released on the same day as God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Lets see how the brand new will fare against a well known title...

I'm surprised this is even coming out on PS3 in the west at all to be honest. The PS3 is a great system, but it's 2016... time to move on. If you want to play new games, then it's not unreasonable to ask that you buy the new system (if you can even call the PS4 new anymore).

They don't benefit at all from releasing a physical copy. It costs money, and considering how low the sales would be compared to the PS4 version, it's not worth the risk. Releasing a digital only version reduces that risk. The PS3 is a decade old machine at this point, so you can't really expect devs to continue giving it their full support.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Wait is this releasing in Europe? I mean I want to buy this on a PS Vita and I have a European account. I don't really want to play this on my PS4.

Also why is it a huge problem that the ps3 is digital only? Just asking. I never had a issue with it.

Yes, it is releasing in Europe with German, French and English subtitles. I have an issue with it because I prefer to own my games physically, and I greatly dislike having to download them, especially considering my shitty Internet.

Was expecting that outcome form a mile away for the PS3 but got suprised about knowing that the Vita will also be digital only . I'm not sure if i will be getting this game either since it's digital only nad the file size for it willp probably be really big and i don't have much drive space to work around on my PS3 and also about the possible framerate problems .

It was released first on PS3. The PS4 version came later, so I doubt there will be any serious fps issues.

• Like 1

It seems to be different from a musou game. More like a monster hunter-ish game.

There was a thread around here for a Musou game of Attack on Titan...I can never seem to keep track of it lol. Figured this was the same because gamestop has an AoT game coming out on the same date by KT. Tbh I don't know the difference between the 2 whether it's a minor thing or not. :P

Is this the Musou game or something different?

It is more akin to Monster Hunter than the Musou series. The trailers I have seen show next to no smaller enemies and the environments are completely deserted save for Eren and his friends and the Titans.

gamestop has an AoT game coming out on the same date by KT. Tbh I don't know the difference between the 2 whether it's a minor thing or not. :P

This is the Koie Tecmo game.

• Like 1

It is more akin to Monster Hunter than the Musou series. The trailers I have seen show next to no smaller enemies and the environments are completely deserted save for Eren and his friends and the Titans.

:hmm: generally I enjoy the KT/Omega Force games. Wasn't a day 1 purchase for me anyways but I'll be sure to watch some gameplay vids to see what it's like.

There was a thread around here for a Musou game of Attack on Titan...I can never seem to keep track of it lol. Figured this was the same because gamestop has an AoT game coming out on the same date by KT. Tbh I don't know the difference between the 2 whether it's a minor thing or not. :P

Musou games are like the Dynasty Warriors games where you hack 'n slash through hordes of enemies without breaking a sweat. Monster hunter games usually involves fighting large enemies and you can attack and destroy different parts of said enemies. Some good examples are Dragon's Dogma, Freedom Wars, and God Eater. The AoT game seems to be faster paced than Dragon's Dogma and you can also fight in the air with special equipment.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Musou games are like the Dynasty Warriors games where you hack 'n slash through hordes of enemies without breaking a sweat. Monster hunter games usually involves fighting large enemies and you can attack and destroy different parts of said enemies. Some good examples are Dragon's Dogma, Freedom Wars, and God Eater. The AoT game seems to be faster paced than Dragon's Dogma and you can also fight in the air with special equipment.

*looks at profile*

Definitely know what the Dynasty Warriors games are like. :awesome:

:hmm: I played Dragon's Dogma so I'm guessing the enemies are like the Gorecyclops in terms of size. Haven't played the other 2 games you mentioned.

It'll probably be a bit before I get to this game. I have Samurai Warriors 4 and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage in my backlog and the other 2 SW games in my list.

But anything by KT/Omega Force is something I'm interested in. :giggle:

*looks at profile*

Definitely know what the Dynasty Warriors games are like. :awesome:

:hmm: I played Dragon's Dogma so I'm guessing the enemies are like the Gorecyclops in terms of size. Haven't played the other 2 games you mentioned.

It'll probably be a bit before I get to this game. I have Samurai Warriors 4 and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage in my backlog and the other 2 SW games in my list.

But anything by KT/Omega Force is something I'm interested in. :giggle:

Definitely get to Samurai Warriors 4 when you have the chance. It's simply a superb game and my favorite in the Musou series by far.

• Like 1

I think more surprising news is that it's ACTUALLY COMING on PS3.

If you look at recent releases, PS3 was usually cut off for PS4.

At least KT is not jumping on PS4-only train.

Since it's Eotenas, I'm definitely not caring enough to get physical version so I can wait for Vita sale.

That is the future for PS3 and Vita: if they get a new game, it will be digital only. And while I have no problems with Vita's digital library, this news is a new nail on the PS3 coffin.

If they are coming together with PS4 version that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, and I just noticed that it will be released on the same day as God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Lets see how the brand new will fare against a well known title...

No one cares about God Eater in the west and is only being sold on two platforms (only PlayStation) while AoT is going to be on five platforms (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) and is a very well known franchise.

No one cares about God Eater in the west and is only being sold on two platforms (only PlayStation) while AoT is going to be on five platforms (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) and is a very well known franchise.

Your response was unnecesarily hostile. As for your claim that nobody cares about God Eater in the west, people obviously do for them to continue localizing the games.

Edited by Rin Kagamine
  • Like 2

Your response was unnecesarily hostile.

That's how you chose to read it. I was just stating facts.

What? Like... what?

Series that has been requested for localization almost as often as Tales of Vesperia and no one cares about it?

The hell? =D

They're a minority or a lot of people are asking and just no one is buying it, just look at the numbers:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2243-GOD-EATER-2

Most of those people tracked with actual time spent are Asian I'm assuming.

Hell VGChartz (which isn't accurate but serves as a rough estimation) shows basically no sales in the west.

When I say "no one" I don't literally mean no one btw, what I'm really saying is that a substantial amount doesn't care. A substantial amount especially in regards to being compared to a game that has exposure outside of being a game (so more casual game buyers) and being on multiple platforms giving it wider exposure.