ATTACK ON TITAN 進撃の巨人 Will Be Digital Only on PS3

They're a minority or a lot of people are asking and just no one is buying it, just look at the numbers:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2243-GOD-EATER-2

Most of those people tracked with actual time spent are Asian I'm assuming.

Hell VGChartz (which isn't accurate but serves as a rough estimation) shows basically no sales in the west.

When I say "no one" I don't literally mean no one btw, what I'm really saying is that a substantial amount doesn't care. A substantial amount especially in regards to being compared to a game that has exposure outside of being a game (so more casual game buyers) and being on multiple platforms giving it wider exposure.

Um... no shit? The game is not out in the west yet. =D

And if you think GE or this game is going to sell millions, you may have a bit crazy assumptions.

Neither GE nor this is made for casuals.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Being download-only on PS3 is annoying, but I would still get it. Being download-only on Vita is unbearable. I love my Vita, but large size games need physical copies. Anything bigger than 1GB on the Vita needs to be in physical form.

But honestly it feels like a big f you to PS3 and Vita owners if PS4 version gets the physical copy.

• Like 1

And if you think GE or this game is going to sell millions, you may have a bit crazy assumptions.

I never implied anywhere that the game was going to. It was easily going to sell more than God Eater was is what I said.

I meant to link Resurrection which has a FRACTION of the amount of tracked people.

I never implied anywhere that the game was going to. It was easily going to sell more than God Eater was is what I said.

I meant to link Resurrection which has a FRACTION of the amount of tracked people.

If we count all platforms, then maybe (because PC players most likely never even heard of God Eater and Eotenas have additional 100 units from MS players), on PS, God Eater will easily win.

If we count all platforms, then maybe (because PC players most likely never even heard of God Eater and Eotenas have additional 100 units from MS players), on PS, God Eater will easily win.

Did you mean 100k units? Already had almost 500 from before US release: http://www.trueachievements.com/gamegamer.aspx?gameid=6093

Again that's just an achievement hunter site, SnK will appeal to a lot more weeb casuals so they won't be tracked on there or trophy sites.

Did you mean 100k units? Already had almost 500 from before US release: http://www.trueachievements.com/gamegamer.aspx?gameid=6093

Again that's just an achievement hunter site, SnK will appeal to a lot more weeb casuals so they won't be tracked on there or trophy sites.

No, I meant 100 as 100.

Okay, seems I underestimated Xbox population.

No, I meant 100 as 100.

Okay, seems I underestimated Xbox population.

Xbox systems have a higher software purchase rate than other consoles. I wasn't trying to suggest this game was going to get 100k on Xbox but to say any game on Xbox is only going to sell 100 copies is asinine. An example of this is with the Resident Evil franchise, both Revelations 2 and Zero HD sold half of what the PS4 did on the X1 (numbers all based off US sales). So yes while the Xbox sold less games, 40 million PS4's have been shipped as opposed to the 20 million from Xbox so a LOT more people with PS4's aren't buying games.

Xbox systems have a higher software purchase rate than other consoles. I wasn't trying to suggest this game was going to get 100k on Xbox but to say any game on Xbox is only going to sell 100 copies is asinine. An example of this is with the Resident Evil franchise, both Revelations 2 and Zero HD sold half of what the PS4 did on the X1 (numbers all based off US sales). So yes while the Xbox sold less games, 40 million PS4's have been shipped as opposed to the 20 million from Xbox so a LOT more people with PS4's aren't buying games.

I was simply referencing the fact that MS players are not target audience for this kind of game.

And if it sells less than 100 units per week in Japan, only 100 units of non-AAA game wasn't that improbable :P

I was simply referencing the fact that MS players are not target audience for this kind of game.

And if it sells less than 100 units per week in Japan, only 100 units of non-AAA game wasn't that improbable :P

What audience, the kind that like to play video games? Daily reminder top sellers for PlayStation consoles at any given time are typically Call of Duty/Battlefield, GTA and insert one or many sports titles. Also fun fact no "Tales of" games released on any home console last gen has surpassed the 360's Vesperia in sales. Not Graces f, not Xilla 1/2, not the Symphonia re-release and not even Zestiria with its PS4/3 sales combined.

I don't know what Japan has to do with anything, this was about the US from the start. Japan got both games that started this string of replies months ago and PAL got AoT days before God Eater. Only in the US did the games get released on the same day.

I've actually been tracking the numbers for the respective games from general curiosity. That Xbox site is now tracking over 800 people with the game and I imagine that will go over 1,000 by this time next week. GE2 on the other hand has gone up less than 200 since I last recorded HOWEVER GE Resurrection has gone up 400 tracked players on this site. My guess is people want to play the games "in order". So even though people bought 2 they're playing their free pre-order bonus game first.

• Like 1

What audience, the kind that like to play video games? Daily reminder top sellers for PlayStation consoles at any given time are typically Call of Duty/Battlefield, GTA and insert one or many sports titles. Also fun fact no "Tales of" games released on any home console last gen has surpassed the 360's Vesperia in sales. Not Graces f, not Xilla 1/2, not the Symphonia re-release and not even Zestiria with its PS4/3 sales combined.

While this is true, the Xbox is a western console for western gamers. People who play on Xbox tend to play the big AAA games and what not, but you won't see many Japanese games on that platform. There just isn't an audience for it. And while PlayStation also has a big focus on appealing to western gamers too, they also attract fans of Japanese games. Now they're obviously in the minority when compared to gamers as a whole, but there is an audience for Japanese games on PlayStation, and this is why many JRPGs and such come out on PlayStation, but don't bother with an Xbox release. Now the Xbox 360 made some genuine attempts to appeal to JRPG fans in the early days of its lifetime, but that was quickly forgotten. I know a lot of people only bought a 360 just to play Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. The Xbox One has made no such effort to acquire JRPGs, or to attract fans of Japanese games, and as a result, the audience for those games went elsewhere.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

Also fun fact no "Tales of" games released on any home console last gen has surpassed the 360's Vesperia in sales. 

Yup, definitely fun fact, considering it was the only possibility for those that wanted to play localized version.

Vesperia sales contain sales from PS fans who bought 360 for it AND actual 360 owners.

All other games are only from the PS community. If you compared the same scenario, Vesperia would be on the same level at best.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

While this is true, the Xbox is a western console for western gamers.

While PlayStation has attracted the most casuals that are mainly interested in multiplats. But I digress, I didn't really intend to make this PS vs Xbox. The point I was making will be below.

Yup, definitely fun fact, considering it was the only possibility for those that wanted to play localized version.

Vesperia sales contain sales from PS fans who bought 360 for it AND actual 360 owners.

All other games are only from the PS community. If you compared the same scenario, Vesperia would be on the same level at best.

The point I was making is that good games sell regardless of platform, I thought Graces and Xillia 1 were both garbage. Never finished Xillia 1 so I didn't get Xillia 2 and I think generally the first wasn't well received so that would explain low sales for the sequel even if it was a good game. I have the special edition of Zestiria but haven't played it yet, I'm gonna guess it's not super amazing though. Symphonia despite being on the GameCube has remained the highest Tales seller in the US and that wasn't the platform for RPG's.

On TrueAchievements A.O.T. has surpassed 1,300 tracked players.

On Steam it's been higher than God Eater on best sellers and has double the reviews. I kind of forget that anime and PC gamers are such a huge overlap, even more surprising is I haven't really read too many bad things about GE2's PC port while I hear Titan is plagued with various problems.

Edit: TA now read 1,700+ for Titan.

(This update was in September)

Edit 2: It's November so I guess I'll update it. Xbox website shows 3,000+ players. Here we have almost 3,000 for the US and EU version a piece. Then 6,000+ for Japan. I don't think I've seen much change in God Eater 2, maybe it went up 3,000? Regardless AoT adds up to it more or less from what we can see on console tracking sites. (Again, the Xbox sample size is 200,000 players so we're probably missing one or two thousand players minimum.)

According to SteamSpy God Eater is winning on PC by 28,000 copies. All it will take is one significant sale for it to stay ahead or fall behind as is the case with Steam.

Edited by mcnichoj