What's everyone thoughts with the first episode?

IJJosh

Personally, wasn't the worst thing ever, but god damn, it could of been better!

Firstly, Falcone, really? Couldn't of picked a better villian?

Whats up with the choices? Why make them seem bigger than they are? Why is chalking someone pool cue a big deal?

Another thing, "You almost killed him!" I broke his arm Alfred, chill out

Also, are they seriously trying to make Alfred seem like the bad guy with the teaser to episode 2? NO GOD, NO GOD PLEASE NO! NO, NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like 1

"Whats up with the choices? Why make them seem bigger than they are" Isn't that every telltale game ever? 

Then you replay the game pick all the opposite choices and the game still ends up the exact same. 

Telltale is overrated imo, they're a mediocre studio making the same game over and over. 

So I'm not surprised to hear that people aren't blown away. 

Why is chalking someone pool cue a big deal?

That was to determine whether or not you were being friendly or hostile to him.

Telltale = Most overrated and defended publisher EVER

I wouldn't say that, they make exciting stories and generally fun games. There are FAR worse publishers and or devs out there.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say that, they make exciting stories and generally fun games. There are FAR worse publishers and or devs out there.

Dude, half of the games that they've done recently have been mediocre to just awful (Game of Thrones, Tales of the Borderlands, Walking Dead Season 2 etc.). Telltale by now has built up a reputation of fooling players into thinking that your choices matter in the grand scheme of things. Well guess what, they don't. ''This guy will remember that'' translates into ''Oh he'll say a different word or two next time you talk to him''. 6 episodes full of ''choices'' and maybe only 2 or 3 actually change more than a few lines of dialogue. 

I'm not saying they're the worst developers, I'm saying they're the most overrated

Life is Strange does the "your choices matter" thing much more wonderfully, in my opinion. Nothing specific in particular but spoilers still: characters can live or die, relations with characters can change depending on what you do (like, the actual relationship and tensions and not just a few lines of dialogue), and the drastically differently endings and all the feelz along the way. 

Firstly, Falcone, really? Couldn't of picked a better villian?

Well, any villain can turn out interesting if he is handled well. I can't say anything about the game itself as I won't touch it until the whole season comes out, but the overall situation reminds me about Beware the Batman. It picked nearly unknown villains for its lineup, was very slow on the uptake and wasn't, er, loved that much.

That being said, I still was grateful to it for not having the overused embers of the Rogue Gallery and giving more spotlight to Bruce Wayne. The farther it went, the better it got. I ended up loving the end-season episodes. If it was given a chance, it could've been great.

So I will believe in this game for now. Maybe it will become something worthy with time.

Life is Strange does the "your choices matter" thing much more wonderfully, in my opinion. Nothing specific in particular but spoilers still: characters can live or die, relations with characters can change depending on what you do (like, the actual relationship and tensions and not just a few lines of dialogue), and the drastically differently endings and all the feelz along the way. 

Heavy Rain too, but I get the feeling Telltale is much lower budget

Aside from the story/choices etc how does this actually play? My experience of GoT was a clunky buggy mess. This 'improved' engine make much of a difference?

Plays about the same as any other telltale game.. The combat seems very fast paced for a telltale game tho. As expected its batman of course. 

Tho I did notice some frame drops here and there on the ps4 version idk if it was just me but yea.. Combat had no frame drops thank god that would have been bad xD

Whaaaat? you have to be kidding. TFTB was amazing. A game that has a great story yet stays true the the Borderlands universe. Telltale didnt take it too serious with this game which is why it was so good.

I agree. Tales was the best TT game to date. Amazing and funny story.

• Like 1

Dude, half of the games that they've done recently have been mediocre to just awful (Game of Thrones, Tales of the Borderlands, Walking Dead Season 2 etc.). Telltale by now has built up a reputation of fooling players into thinking that your choices matter in the grand scheme of things. Well guess what, they don't. ''This guy will remember that'' translates into ''Oh he'll say a different word or two next time you talk to him''. 6 episodes full of ''choices'' and maybe only 2 or 3 actually change more than a few lines of dialogue. 

I'm not saying they're the worst developers, I'm saying they're the most overrated

Tales from the Borderlands is incredible! I mean, I respect everyone has different opinions, but it was critically well received, and I personally adored it. I'm usually on your side; I'm really not feeling Telltale recently, but Tales wa a bright spot on their dull catalog lately. 

Telltale = Most overrated and defended publisher EVER

Speaking of this I just noticed the individual episode is $4.99 while the season pass is $24.99.  It's actually CHEAPER to buy them individually (albeit, only $0.04!)?  Whatever happened to TT giving us a break on the season pass?  I remembered season passes in the past were $19.99--although I'm sure this, like all the others, will show up on flash sale soon enough.