What's everyone thoughts with the first episode?

IJJosh

Right, to people defending Tales of the Borderlands. Firstly, I respect your opinion. If you like a game, hey, who am I to say you're wrong. Personally, I thought the start of the game was good, but there was one choice in the game which ruined it for me! The whole "Become the President" or dont choice really made me dislike the game and cemented my dislike for Telltale!

Seriously, what was the reasoning behind this choice!?

"Yeah, let's make a really cool choice where the player will pretty much rule everything!"

"Ok. How bout instead, we make the player think he will then leave a cliffhanger so the player becomes excited for our next episode and then strip it away instantly!"

"GENIUS MATE!"

Once again, bullshit false choices!!

I loved the 1st episode.I didn't except Mr Freeze, Joker or some huge villain to be in it. Most of the comics and movies involved someone like Falcone for starters. As far as the engine it felt smoother and the best so far in any TT series (I haven't played Borderlands yet). I'm looking forward to the coming episodes

• Like 1

I think aside from the mediocrity and terrible engine they STILL haven't fixed (have they in this?) the worst influence they've had is on making episodic gaming popular. This trend of gradually nickel and diming consumers by releasing bits of a game at a time just reeks of laziness, and other developers are copying it. 

Dude, half of the games that they've done recently have been mediocre to just awful (Game of Thrones, Tales of the Borderlands, Walking Dead Season 2 etc.). Telltale by now has built up a reputation of fooling players into thinking that your choices matter in the grand scheme of things. Well guess what, they don't. ''This guy will remember that'' translates into ''Oh he'll say a different word or two next time you talk to him''. 6 episodes full of ''choices'' and maybe only 2 or 3 actually change more than a few lines of dialogue. 

I'm not saying they're the worst developers, I'm saying they're the most overrated

Tales from the borderlands was awesome! Good characters, awesome music, sweet story and great humor

didn't break the guy's arm and Alfred still told me I almost killed him. I thought my non-violence (I also gave Falcone to the cops rather than 'brutalising' him) would have some kind of effect, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything yet. I know it's only the first episode but it feels a little blank right now. Ah well, I already bought the season pass, I'll enjoy it as it comes out I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

As a fan of Batman, I enjoyed the first episode

It did seem to play a little quicker than some of the previous tell tale outings, the combat side anyway. I enjoyed the detective work you carry out while playing as batman. I am interested to see what the future episodes bring us and what additional characters they will bring in to it.

I have played the walking dead games on the Xbox and also played the first 3 chapters of the Game of Thrones. The walking dead I really enjoyed and I would put this on par with that. Game of Thrones has been ok so far, of all of the games in the series I have found it to be the slowest so far. Shame as I absolutely love the TV series.

• 1 month later...

seriously one of the WORST attempts at Batman I have seen. Maybe it will pick towards the end, but from this 1st episode I highly doubt it. GG Telltale....

Yeah well.

Amazing and couldn't have been better, episode 2 is even more incredible.

Solid first episode. 7 out of 10 batarangs.

11/10*

I'll wait for episode 1 to go free to play....

WOOOOOW

Edited by Stevieboy
No need for insults.
  • Like 1

I have completed or tried most of the PS TT games and I am not too fond of them.  As others say, your dialog and action choices usually have no real barring on the story.  I would getting TWAU S2, although I am fairly disinclined to buy any of their games not on the vita (which will be all future games, I guess?).  That said, I find it very unlikely I will buy another one of their games.  Maybe a very generous sale could encourage me.

Yeah well. Amazing and couldn't have been better, episode 2 is even more incredible.

11/10*

WOOOOOW

it was a joke man, I don't really feel like paying for just one episode plus episode 1 got mixed reviews, i'll probably wait for all the episodes to be released in one package and then i'll buy them in some sort of a discount or special sales just like tales from borderlands. and while i'm waiting for that episode 1 might be a free 2 play by then.

Edited by Stevieboy
Clean up.

it was a joke man, I don't really feel like paying for just one episode plus episode 1 got mixed reviews, i'll probably wait for all the episodes to be released in one package and then i'll buy them in some sort of a discount or special sales just like tales from borderlands. and while i'm waiting for that episode 1 might be a free 2 play by then.

Ah well I got the disc copy which includes all five episodes. It's an awesome investment for only $30 because I get to come back every month for a new episode and I get to sell it after I finish. Again these games are insane, definitely better stories than the Arkham games.

• Like 1

Ah well I got the disc copy which includes all five episodes. It's an awesome investment for only $30 because I get to come back every month for a new episode and I get to sell it after I finish. Again these games are insane, definitely better stories than the Arkham games.

sorry for the messy reply, i'm using my tablet and the app version of this site lacks a lot of options for phone and tablet users.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hmmm out of the games I've played

The Walking Dead: Season 1*

The Wolf Among Us*

Tales from the Borderlands*

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Minecraft: Story Mode

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead: Michonne (Good game kind of biggest issue was how short it was)

Back to the Future: The Game

Batman: The Telltale Series

*Those three are real gems and any gamer should play them. The fact the TWD1 was so good is still a good reason to go ahead and play S2.

Hmm I guess it is the worst one of the ones I've played. But then again it's not done yet so it still has a chance to pick up steam. I wouldn't say I hated any of them though. BttF isn't great but as a fan of the movies it was very enjoyable for me to get one more story with the characters. Minecraft Story Mode I thought was awesome even though it seemed a bit rushed out. I'm a huge GoT fan so it's easy for me to enjoy that.

I think the biggest thing I hate about Batman is this story they are doing with his parents. Though I'm not convinced something odd is going on.