30% discount of Furi merch

Thommasz

Don't really get all the platinum elitism with this game.

However, that's a cool move. I like getting acknowledgement from the devs for platting their game, even if it's just a discount for buying shirts. More companies should do this tbh.

• Like 1

This seems like a smart move, but can easily cross a line. Get the platinum zealots to buy the merch cheaper and pay to wear advertising. The problem is the platinum zealots seem a little *too* vocal for me and have now completely turned me off from a game I thought I would be interested in. 

This seems like a smart move, but can easily cross a line. Get the platinum zealots to buy the merch cheaper and pay to wear advertising. The problem is the platinum zealots seem a little *too* vocal for me and have now completely turned me off from a game I thought I would be interested in. 

I don't get it. Try to see world in the positive way for once... Playstation has it's own platinum community challenges as well. It's just a nice recognition for players that invested their time and patience into this awesome game. You're not forced to buy anything, it's an option for guys who wants to buy merch anyway. Every gamer has passion for something - no need to demonise this.

Edited by Thommasz
  • Like 1

Would've been even cooler if such a discount came for digital purchases, like dlc or other games, now that would've been a great gift and an incentive for platting games...

Still, nice move!

Agreed... But this might be at least some way how to additionally support developers since we got Furi "for free" in the PS Plus :)

• Like 1

I don't get it. Try to see world in the positive way for once... Playstation has it's own platinum community challenges as well. It's just a nice recognition for players that invested their time and patience into this awesome game. You're not forced to buy anything, it's an option for guys who wants to buy merch anyway. Every gamer has passion for something - no need to demonise this.

You misunderstand me and don't see things from other side. As Happy so eloquently stated above, this game has far more platinum elitism than other games. I understand finding others who share your interest or achievements, but this crowd, in particular, seems to be much more vocal about making sure that people who don't have their same achievement (the platinum) are different and definitely not part of their group.

I think this is very smart on the developers part, it's just the whole scenario is a big turn-off from me because of the exclusion-ism. (I think I just made up a word)

You see "Yay, we're share something in common!", I tend to see "You're not our kind. Go away." 

You misunderstand me and don't see things from other side. As Happy so eloquently stated above, this game has far more platinum elitism than other games. I understand finding others who share your interest or achievements, but this crowd, in particular, seems to be much more vocal about making sure that people who don't have their same achievement (the platinum) are different and definitely not part of their group.

I think this is very smart on the developers part, it's just the whole scenario is a big turn-off from me because of the exclusion-ism. (I think I just made up a word)

You see "Yay, we're share something in common!", I tend to see "You're not our kind. Go away." 

If this would be the case, they wouldn't be offering 15% discount to every player that finishes the game. This promo banner is created primarily with intention to promote platinum holders (my initiative). Official announcement from The Game Bakers will be posted next week. I'm (and every member of the platinum community) more than happy to help anyone with platinum - by sharing tips, tricks etc. To platinum this game is quite hard therefore it's something special to finish it. Same as for Joe Danger from Hello Games. Once you achieve 100% you receive invitation to the their "100% Club" and you receive book about making Joe Danger + soundtrack.

If you, as developer, knows that your game is hardcore and it takes quite dedication to finish it, it's nice to give something extra for passioned fans (nice article about going for a niche player).

I feel that you have problem with word "elite". But in this case it was not my intention to create "in your face" feeling but to give kudos to everyone that achieved it.
Edited by Thommasz

Guys, I'm excited to share with you that The Game Bakers are going to reward every platinum holder for their dedication by 30% discount on their merchandise! Here is step by step how to get it:

1. Earn platinum trophy from the game
  2. Join Furi Platinum Elite community on PS4
  3. You’ll receive one-time voucher
  4. Buy stuff you want on furi.hitpoint.tv

furi-promo.png

There will be also 15% discount for players that finished the game (not platinum holders).

Keep spreading the word about the Furi game and The Game Bakers... They are awesome and Furi deserves to be hyped!

And what exactly is your involvement in this?

And what exactly is your involvement in this?

First of all I'm huge fan of this game - it's biggest surprise of the year for me. I'm also admin of the Furi Platinum Elite community (I'll be distributing discount vouchers for community members), who reached out to developers with the idea of reward for platinum. I don't have any association with developers. I'm in touch with them purely from the enthusiastic reasons because this game deserves huge publicity.

Edited by Thommasz

It's in USD? Strange, on my end its in Euros. O.o

Unless you mean post conversion.

I'm in Canada so I get directed to the US retail site.  I listened to the soundtrack on bandcamp (haven't played the game yet).  Bought the LPs since I like to collect odd pressings. PAID FULL PRICE TOO. 

I really like the merch. I'd want a blue shirt and the colored vinyl pls.

- But first I need the Furi plat.

-- But first first I need to buy the game, preferably during a sale.

Oh well, this is gonna be a while.

Yesterday there were 80something vinyls left.  Today only 29.  "A while" won't cut it  :(

Guys, I'm excited to share with you that The Game Bakers are going to reward every platinum holder for their dedication by 30% discount on their merchandise! Here is step by step how to get it:

1. Earn platinum trophy from the game
  2. Join Furi Platinum Elite community on PS4
  3. You’ll receive one-time voucher
  4. Buy stuff you want on furi.hitpoint.tv

furi-promo.png

There will be also 15% discount for players that finished the game (not platinum holders).

Keep spreading the word about the Furi game and The Game Bakers... They are awesome and Furi deserves to be hyped!

Yesterday there were 80something vinyls left.  Today only 29.  "A while" won't cut it  :(

Ithstuff limitein any way? If so, how (quantity/time)?

Ithstuff limitein any way? If so, how (quantity/time)?

Hi guys I have a confirmation from devs that they printed 1000 vinyls and they are about to be sold soon. They will be producing more of them, therefore it'll be just a matter of time to order them again.

If anyone plans to buy some Furi merch and does not have the platinum, I can give them my discount code as I don't have the money for that vinyl. So yeah, just give me a PM if you need the 30%. First come first served.

Edited by MojoNJojo