Resident Evil 4 PS4 possible platinum

local_jesster

If they do a platinum, it'd have to be an entirely new list... or an incredibly disappointing one. At the moment RE4 only gives 285 points. Add 180 onto that and you don't even close to the maximum amount of points allowed (1230?) so it'd be a big waste of potential.

I just really hope it gets one. it would be so much more satisfying this time around. I'd like credit for all the side stuff. It was a real bummer that the bottle caps got trophies over stuff like beating separate ways, assignment ada, getting all weapons and stuff like that. The list could be pretty similar to 5 honestly. Just remove fully upgrading all weapons at once since that's not really possible with the limited space. Replace that with something else and you're good.

I know the RE5 and RE6 lists stayed the same but I really think they are going to give it a platinum after the RE Remake and RE Zero both got plats.

acctually they changed the trophy list from RE5 a bit. You don't need as many wins like on the PS3 version in versus. They made it much easier/faster.

• Like 1

Since it's Capcom, I'm highly skeptical, but I really hope they alter the trophy list by adding a platinum and trophies such as obtain 5 stars on all maps with all characters for Mercenaries. This would definitely be a gold trophy. I did this on the PS2 version. Once you complete all maps with 5 stars with Leon, then everyone else is ridiculously easy to get 5 stars with! 

• Like 1

It's also worth noting it's coming out on disc in North America this time so I'd say that definitely makes it more likely to get a platinum.

Besides if I'm remembering correctly it was an issue with Microsoft that lead to it only having 12 achievements/trophies in the first place? Their rules didn't allow a game released on the Live Arcade to have a full 1000G but in the end they worked something out and released it as a "full game" instead but by that time Capcom had already implemented the achievements so they just upped them to 1000G.

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

After all the fuss gamers made about RE4 HD not having a plat, I certainly hope they heard us and added a platinum and full trophy list. There's a ton of content in RE4 that can serve as trophy material. Regardless, I'll be picking up the physical copy in September when it releases 2-3 weeks after the digital version on August 30th, just like RE6 and RE5

Sorta off topic.

As everyone here, I too want RE4 to have a platinum, but I would say that I am disappointed by the lack of new content in these remasters. RE0 included Wesker Mode, and they should have made more meaningful additions to RE5-RE6. 

Like why not add new characters and stages for mercenaries. Put Jill and Claire into RE6 Mercenaries, add Raccoon City and Spencer Estate levels.... The only thing they have really done was add the PC features. 

Capcom could easily add some more content to these games to help justify purchasing them again, but it appears that they have no intentions of doing so. 

If they added more content, I could see RE4 getting a Platinum being a lot more realistic, but seeing how little Capcom is really adding, I'm not expecting them to add a platinum. 

I would say that I am disappointed by the lack of new content in these remasters. RE0 included Wesker Mode, and they should have made more meaningful additions to RE5-RE6. 

Like why not add new characters and stages for mercenaries. Put Jill and Claire into RE6 Mercenaries, add Raccoon City and Spencer Estate levels.... The only thing they have really done was add the PC features. 

Capcom could easily add some more content to these games to help justify purchasing them again, but it appears that they have no intentions of doing so.

They did make some changes to the content, like RE5 Versus characters need 2000 points each to purchase, but in the PS3 version it was 6000, 7000, 13000, 50000, etc. While that's not new content, it does show that they are looking at a lot of details and fine tuning many things of these games. RE6 on PS3 was so damn glossy and shiny that everything glowed and you couldnt see anything, even with the brightness turned down (I had it on 2 when I usually play games on 6 or 7), and yet the remaster has a near-perfect blend of darkness and light, and surfaces reflect pretty accurately to real life. Did have to turn the brightness setting to 4 for the remaster, but still. 

It's worth noting too that RE5 and RE6 both cost $19.99 for the game and all the DLC, whereas other remasters cost a lot more: Dishonored was $39.99, Darksiders II was $29.99, God of War III (a remaster no one asked for, much like Deadpool) was $39.99, and both Deadpool (speaking of which) and The Last of Us were $49.99 (ALMOST A FULL-PRICED NEW GAME). So the $19.99 price tag is fantastic for a well-done remaster and all the DLC remastered as well. Don't forget too that RE6 and RE6 also needed new servers for the current-gen versions, which adds to the cost of server maintenance on top of the PS3/Xbox 360 servers

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

They did make some changes to the content, like RE5 Versus characters need 2000 points each to purchase, but in the PS3 version it was 6000, 7000, 13000, 50000, etc. While that's not new content, it does show that they are looking at a lot of details and fine tuning many things of these games. RE6 on PS3 was so damn glossy and shiny that everything glowed and you couldnt see anything, even with the brightness turned down (I had it on 2 when I usually play games on 6 or 7), and yet the remaster has a near-perfect blend of darkness and light, and surfaces reflect pretty accurately to real life. Did have to turn the brightness setting to 4 for the remaster, but still. 

It's worth noting too that RE5 and RE6 both cost $19.99 for the game and all the DLC, whereas other remasters cost a lot more: Dishonored was $39.99, Darksiders II was $29.99, God of War III (a remaster no one asked for, much like Deadpool) was $39.99, and both Deadpool (speaking of which) and The Last of Us were $49.99 (ALMOST A FULL-PRICED NEW GAME). So the $19.99 price tag is fantastic for a well-done remaster and all the DLC remastered as well. Don't forget too that RE6 and RE6 also needed new servers for the current-gen versions, which adds to the cost of server maintenance on top of the PS3/Xbox 360 servers

Oh I realize they had made many smaller changes, as many remasters have, so I'm not saying there isn't a chance of getting a platinum. I am having a rather hard time seeing it happening, since my hopes for the last two remasters were never met. 

The new release includes all of the bonus content from the original game, as well as the additional features that were added in later version. This includes:

• Ada Wong Side Story
     – The mysterious and elusive Ada Wong stars in her own side story, which fills in intriguing story gaps from Leon’s mission.
  • Mercenaries Mode
     – The addicting evolution of 
    Resident Evil 3
    ’s bonus mode is awarded to players who complete the campaign, providing hours of replayability and lets fans play as Wesker, Hunk, and more iconic characters.
  • New Game Plus
     – Allows players to bring their powerful arsenal, unlocked costumes, and other secret weapons into a fresh playthrough.
  • Costumes and Weapons
     – Want to focus on yourself instead of protecting Ashley? Equip her with the knight armor costume and laugh as enemy’s attempt to attack her or carry her off with futility. Leon’s Chicago Typewriter – an insanely powerful Tommy Gun – also provides a fun power trip if you have enough cash to give the infamous Merchant.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/07/resident-evil-4-ps4-xbox-one-launches-august-30#gvBgcwBCEwyeylGJ.99

Found this here. Didn't know if it was in the original release.

Found this here. Didn't know if it was in the original release.

yeah that's nothing new really, all of that was already present on the ps2 and ps3 versions.

right now the only "incomplete" version of the game is the original gamecube release since it lacks of the ada scenario and some other weapons and costumes, but every other version of the game already has all of that.

Edited by smellslikejavier

It's also worth noting it's coming out on disc in North America this time so I'd say that definitely makes it more likely to get a platinum.

Besides if I'm remembering correctly it was an issue with Microsoft that lead to it only having 12 achievements/trophies in the first place? Their rules didn't allow a game released on the Live Arcade to have a full 1000G but in the end they worked something out and released it as a "full game" instead but by that time Capcom had already implemented the achievements so they just upped them to 1000G.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes got a disc release and didn't have a platinum trophy.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes got a disc release and didn't have a platinum trophy.

True but it wasn't a full game, rather a prologue type of thing, this is. I did say "more likely" not for definite. :P

RE4 may or may not get a platinum but one things for sure, if Capcom don't give it one there's gonna be a lot of pissed off fans. I have faith they listened the last time it didn't get one and they correct their mistake this time.

• Like 1

Any idea on when we will find out the trophy list for Resident Evil 4?
I looked online already add found nothing at the moment. So I kind of wonder how long it takes for trophies to be revealed.
Kind of hoping it has a platinum.
Going to get it a Physical copy since I already have Resident Evil 4 Digital on PS3.

Edited by Nightstream88

Any idea on when we will find out the trophy list for Resident Evil 4?

I looked online already add found nothing at the moment. So I kind of wonder how long it takes for trophies to be revealed.

Kind of hoping it has a platinum.

Going to get it a Physical copy since I already have Resident Evil 4 Digital on PS3.

No word yet, it will probably be announced sometime in the next week or two.